Assetto Corsa Competizione ACC Pit Stop Tutorial (1 Viewer)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was supposed be just a simple pit stop tutorial, ended up talking for 10min.

Hope it helps.
DISCLAIMER: we came to the conclusion that messed the 'Starter' and 'Ignition' so...
When i mention 'Starter', please read 'Ignition'.
When i mention 'Ignition' please read 'Starter'.
The only exception is when i actually correct myself in the video with text. Actually i've said it correctly there and disregard the text.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I can only navigate the pit menu through tab and keyboard, it would be nice if i could use the left stick on formula V2 for that

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can only navigate the pit menu through tab and keyboard, it would be nice if i could use the left stick on formula V2 for that

I don't think you can use the Left Stick in ACC, but you can use the right stick to navigate at least!
One think i use is this:

Which not only gets you proper head motion but also allows to use the left stick to control the Look Left/Right/Behind, which is a big plus!
Disregard this if you use VR :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was supposed be just a simple pit stop tutorial, ended up talking for 10min.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the tutorial drukqs!

Wait what, first the starter, then the ignition? No wonder the car wouldn’t start for me.
That’s the wrong way around ACC...

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial drukqs!

Wait what, first the starter, then the ignition? No wonder the car wouldn’t start for me.
That’s the wrong way around ACC...
I just thought the same watching this...I thought the ignition just provides the power to the system, and the starter actually starts the car...weired...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just tested it. In the Porsche at least, it is Ignition first, then Starter, as it should be.

I think I know why it didn't work for me on Sunday. When you click drive Ignition is already on, I'm pretty sure I switched it off then... xD -_-

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just tested it. In the Porsche at least, it is Ignition first, then Starter, as it should be.

I think I know why it didn't work for me on Sunday. When you click drive Ignition is already on, I'm pretty sure I switched it off then... xD -_-
There is a small button thingi at the bottom right in the HUD, which turns green when you hit ignition. But I have no clue if it stays green after stopping at the box, because I'm a total noob
Thanks @drukqs for this video. Really helps a lot.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is a small button thingi at the bottom right in the HUD, which turns green when you hit ignition. But I have no clue if it stays green after stopping at the box, because I'm a total noob
Thanks @drukqs for this video. Really helps a lot.
Yeah I just saw that now thanks to the video! :) Always had engine start on auto and never paid attention to this symbol in the HUD.

Still @drukqs can you please double check your video?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah i use the ignition button to kill the engine quicker as i dont need to hold it down, and while the pit stop is happening i can press the ignition again to prepare to start the engine

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, just tested this too, when you kill the engine with the starter button (Porsche driver presses Kill button on steering wheel) the ignition stays on during the stop, but you can also kill the engine with the ignition.

When holding the starter button, the ingame Porsche drivers holds down CRK (crank), which does nothing if ignition is off.

Just entered a session, instantly clicked drive and IGN was off. Went back to the pits, into setup and back, clicked drive again, IGN was on this time. Good thing there is this symbol in the HUD.

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I might have messed starter with Ignition. You know what...I thought that it was exactly as you guys say but a few weeks back a guy told me it is the other way around so i never thought about that again, i didn't check the key bindings etc I just assumed that what i pressed to kill the car was the starter and to start the engine was the ignition.

I'll double check later today when i can. In the meantime, the logic is the same, it's just a matter of knowing what the starter and ignition do...but whatever starts the battery (not the engine) is pressed first (HUD light = green ON / Grey Off) then the other that needs to be keeped pressed to start the engine next (HUD = White).

Sorry if there is some confusion guys :(

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Actually you would be in trouble with assigning this to one button then, cause you cannot assign a long press to the starter in the controller setup, and you have to press and hold the starter till the engine is firing up. If you have ignition on the same button with long press, you would switch of the ignition while trying to start.... very weired indeed. I wonder if that is by design, or an actual bug.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No worries @drukqs your video made perfect sense, especially with this long button press as @Shepard said. Really odd design, maybe it’s a safety measure so you don't accidentally kill the ignition while driving.

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Allright guys I'll just make a disclaimer on the OP to ensure people know i messed the names around. Still the concept remains so if you apply that that pitstops will be as fast as they can be.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Actually you would be in trouble with assigning this to one button then, cause you cannot assign a long press to the starter in the controller setup, and you have to press and hold the starter till the engine is firing up. If you have ignition on the same button with long press, you would switch of the ignition while trying to start.... very weired indeed. I wonder if that is by design, or an actual bug.

It's worth double checking, but I think in the case where a button has multiple functions, the 'short press' command is sent when the button is released (or, button UP, not DOWN). So the game can tell by the duration of the press which command to send (0-0.5s = normal/short command; held past 0.5s send long press command). I have toggle wipers (short) and toggle rain light (long) on the same button, and when I need to turn my rain light on, it doesn't turn off the already running wipers.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read and re-understood what you meant, that would be an interesting issue!

Last edited:

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial.
pit auto with bad position: 39.5s
pit auto: 36.7s
pit auto with starter button: 34.7s
pit manual: 33s
The problem with manual is that you can have many bugs (especially fast pit without tires, ignition or starter doesn't work i have to close or open MFD)
IF you have the first pit there is a bug where you can't remove the pit limiter (you can pass the 2 gear but DSQ at the end of the race).
You must pass the pit line at the good place (when the car start turn left then right)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial.
pit auto with bad position: 39.5s
pit auto: 36.7s
pit auto with starter button: 34.7s
pit manual: 33s
The problem with manual is that you can have many bugs (especially fast pit without tires, ignition or starter doesn't work i have to close or open MFD)
IF you have the first pit there is a bug where you can't remove the pit limiter (you can pass the 2 gear but DSQ at the end of the race).
You must pass the pit line at the good place (when the car start turn left then right)
Interesting. I never did the math but there you go :).

I never had any problems with manual pits.
Yeah it appears that there is a bug if you are first in the pits, at least in Zolder. Wierd.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Last night I tested this with both functions on one button. It works. Ignition as extended input (1sec) and starter as normal assignment. You just need to hold the button and it switches on the ignition and holds the starter at the same time.

Though, when killing the engine with a long press, the starter keeps looping and you have to short press to switch it off.

Users who are viewing this thread