Until: Monday, November 5, 2018 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel the same regarding how the care feels @Exited , especially the FFB. LIke I've said before, I think FFB in all sim games is awful and is no representation for the real world. For me the biggest problem for me personally, will be the long lonely races. I have always found that to be the case in open wheelers anyway. In previous seasons with less powerful formula cars I could battle for a couple of corners before I fell away. Maybe that's just my race craft and not the car.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
qualify: bad:)
race1: worse
race2: the worst
this is summary my night.:)
no felling track and no good ffb with wheel and result is here

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Overall a really fun evening! :)
You can check the whole stream here:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 was really good for me, crazy close qualifying and I could sneak into the lead and keep it till my last pitstop which I messed up completely. Ah well P5 isn't too shabby in my first AC event, great racing guys!

Don't want to talk about race 2 xD

I really like the car, maybe we should try it on a more overtaking friendly circuit, see if the lack of it is a problem with dirty air or not. Watkins Glen isn't a good track to overtake on, the bus stop is too fast to really make an attempt after the only long straight.

@Battenberg I think it's the tires, bit like in rf2 and iRacing too, where they just get too hot and give up if you push too hard on the turn in. Slow in, fast out was the best way to drive it, also I guess it doesn't help that the car has less downforce than one would expect at first. I was totally overdriving it the first laps.

Regarding a car for Season 1 I wouldn't mind this one :) Not really a fan of FWD, not being able to balance the car on throttle is a bit boring. Someone mentioned the M235i Racing. Is that DLC or Mod, couldn't find it in my car list? Could also be a good choice, it's not too quick, a cup class car, RWD, slicks. If the Lambo ST is better than in pc2 it could also be interesting.
The BMW is in Dreampack 1, I think alongside the Nordschleife (which imo, everybody should have in this awesome game). Really like driving the BMW. It is by no means an awesome fast car, but it drives really really nice. Good power to grip ratio, no aero so it does not drive on rails and is quite lively during braking.
On smaller circuits like Salzburgring it is really good fun :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Last night's race was not what i expected, got caught on straight/T1 crash which damaged my both wings,anyway started to climb up and "thanks" to other incidents/crash/spun i managed to get a nice position.I had some good battles and some close calls with @Berserkmir.
On race 2 again got caught on early accidents and again no wings.and again some good battles and again more crash/spining cars.
Regarding season 1,i'm feeling that its not the best car to start,there are new guys to AC(not blaming anyone) so maybe we should start it slow so we can all adapt to each other driving.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow just saw your crash in R2.. Such a shame.. Was really pushing to catch you and was looking forward to a last lap battle. :)

A advice is when you are pitting and changing fuel/tires, turn on "repair body damage". Unless its MAJOR damage they will fix it in roughly the same amount of time as fuel/tires.

It was completely my fault, not car damage.
I though that this is last lap (now that I have mention it, I really didn't get how many laps is until the end of race) so my concentration dropped to zero and I just went too fast into corner, but I thought that if I cross the finish line it is over, but no.... Still was one lap to go :)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the races. I worried about it because I don't really drive fast cars and I think Watkins Glen requires more practice to be able to battle someone in the fast corners. I have to say I didn't think that I'll have so clean battles what happened during the race.

My opinion is that this is a really good car. No, you won't have wheel to wheel actions through numerous corners with it. But I like the uncertainty that you don't really now that your pit strategy will work or not. It's exciting in another way. It's a little bit a calculation game.

1st race was a great pit strategy game between me, @TX3 Ulti and @Jeff[NL] from which I came out badly.
Because of the 200% fuel consumption (It was 8,3 liters / lap!) I worried about run out of fuel. So I refuel way too much in the pit. Because of this I then had too much gap to Jeff and even Ulti could pass me while I was in the pits.
I don't know who's name was John in the game but I want to say sorry! You were a lap down, so I thought you let me pass because I was catching Ulti. I wasn't aware that it was the last lap. You were fighting with Fatih and I ruined your race.

2nd race was a perfect opportunity for me to win. I started 8th place and after the first few laps I found myself in 4th. After my first pitstop we survived a very scary moment in the esses thanks to @Noztra and @SilverArrow3 . Then I passed @Nada for the 1st place. @t0daY was right behind me during the middle stint. After the second pit stop he could pass me because I missed my pitbox and took too much fuel again. (My car had 22 liters after the race). In one of the last laps I hit the wall and because of that my steering wheel wasn't straight any more. So I lost 2 more places.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
....Because of the 200% fuel consumption (It was 8,3 liters / lap!)....

Is that setting tied to tyre wear (200%)? Because in first post there is nothing about fuel consumption?

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is that setting tied to tyre wear (200%)? Because in first post there is nothing about fuel consumption?
No, it's a separate option. It didn't mentioned in the first post, but you can see it on the summary screen in game (where standings are).

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah,it was our mistake we should mention fuel too.
Sorry about that

Berserkmir

Community Member
Reaction score
HI guys good race yesterday and good fighting sorry if I have made some mistake I hope I do not have to waste a race to anyone.

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
People complaining about FFB while I drive without FFB for the past 3 years:p

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sooo yesterday..

The races were a lot of fun.

Qualifying was really competative especially the top 10. Qualified in P7 I Believe and I was pretty happy with that. (Really like the qualifying format btw, do or die baby ;) )

Close racing 6/10, Why u wonder?; The cars can follow very closely yes. But due to the speed and the fact thats its an open wheel car any mistake will result in instant death. Like I Said I had a lot of fun driving never the less. Had some really good battles with @Noztra and @Berserkmir in race 2. Sorry about the touch in the end Noz. Race 1 Yeah u must have noticed by now that I don't wanna talk about that one ;)

I'd much rather see other options being explored like we are going to do tonight with the car test Noztra is hosting because I personally think its a bit overwhelming for a first season with a lot of newcomers to AC including myself.

Mark

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
Regarding the car. Is it possible to get a clean .dds template to make skins for them? Really want to get my own skin for one these

Users who are viewing this thread