(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
please guys you have to call out a crash the second it happens both races i was an innocent bystander and got totalled in both races... a sense of urgency to warn others is appreciated.

well OK it looked promising but turned out not to be.. i honestly don't think that would make a good 1st pick for a season...(it would not bring me back racing imo) don't get me wrong its a great car (it must be if i like it lol) i just think we could use the format you all ready have but use something a little slower and smaller.... i think also that you have to pay for the mod is going to put people off too not everyone is a fan of open wheeler's perhaps a tin top event for the 1st official rsr season would be much better received by many. how ever this is just my opinion..

Duppy

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a fun evening. Really enjoyed the last race, went from Last to P3! :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
please guys you have to call out a crash the second it happens both races i was an innocent bystander and got totalled in both races... a sense of urgency to warn others is appreciated

Perhaps this was aimed at me for the second race. I did call it. I was parked on the kerb with very little room to move. I couldn't move off the track as the barrier is so close to the edge of the track.

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok my thoughts on tonight... 11/10. This was the most fun I've had in a long long while. These cars are great and on my end everything went pretty great.

What I love about these cars are that you can race close, but still have insanely long battles. I mean in Race 1 the top 5 were close mostly the whole race and every lap count a lot. Also the P2P works really good as it adds to your strategy.

This is something different than normal GT/Endurance and stuff. I really really REALLY hope there will be a league for this!

Oh and thanks to everyone for tonight <3

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Perhaps this was aimed at me for the second race. I did call it. I was parked on the kerb with very little room to move. I couldn't move off the track as the barrier is so close to the edge of the track.
no mate it was not aimed at you it was aimed at anyone who had a crash

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
That was the most fun I have ever had on Assetto Corsa, I thought the need to balance the tyre wear and fuel along with how the tyres would overheat if you abused them and the difference in tyre performance before and after a pit gave this the most strategic two races I have ever been involved in (I did get my strategy wrong but I had to use strategy).

The set-up of the car was awesome and allowed me to play with it in corners.

Close racing with similar paced driver waiting for the tyres to give up or try to get them to make a mistake. With tonight's combination this was all possible for me for the first time in AC.

Overall for me this was a 10/10 night of racing.

Throw in 1 oval race for the season and I feel it would be an amazing season.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I myself couldn't get along with the setup. I kept getting frustrated with the front end giving up on corner entry, which ruined it for me - must be my driving style. I crashed out of both races (one vr/camera issue, sorted now, the other a wheel on the dirt under braking), and in both cases didn't have the motivation to drive any more, let alone race.

I'm also not really a fan of this sort of racing, I prefer slower cars with less downforce. The previous revolution cup season (with the formula Renault 3.5) had pretty tedious racing, due to dirty air, fragile cars, and tyre management; but the feeling of dancing the car on the edge was the main reason why I finished the season. I have had my fill of open wheelers, so I would probably sit out the season if we raced this car, even with open setups.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Qualifying was pretty decent for me. Started P6 only 0,350 after @Jeff[NL] and the rest, which was really good when I suck over a single lap. :p

In race 1 @Jeff[NL] @David Siska @Puffpirat @TX3 Ulti was all to fast for me, so after a couple of laps they started to pull a gap, and I found my self driving alone. In the last part of the second stint @TX3 Ulti was on soft tires and I think they died on him, because I gained 3-4 secs on a single lap. After my last pitstop I was somehow P4 with a gap small gap down to @Puffpirat and 3-4 secs up to @TX3 Ulti, so dunno what happened.

In race 2 I got a fairly decent start, but in the third last corner I touched a guy and spun. After that it was pure recovery, but people where going off left and right. I had some amazing fights with @Berserkmir and @Nismo over 3-4 laps until @Berserkmir pitted. Unfortunately @Nismo and me touched into the boot, and his car wrecked after that. To bad since I really enjoyed our battle. In the end i finished P10 and had the fastest lap of the race. :p

If people wanna join, then tonight there will be some car testing for the upcoming league.

/Noz

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 was really good for me, crazy close qualifying and I could sneak into the lead and keep it till my last pitstop which I messed up completely. Ah well P5 isn't too shabby in my first AC event, great racing guys!

Don't want to talk about race 2 xD

I really like the car, maybe we should try it on a more overtaking friendly circuit, see if the lack of it is a problem with dirty air or not. Watkins Glen isn't a good track to overtake on, the bus stop is too fast to really make an attempt after the only long straight.

@Battenberg I think it's the tires, bit like in rf2 and iRacing too, where they just get too hot and give up if you push too hard on the turn in. Slow in, fast out was the best way to drive it, also I guess it doesn't help that the car has less downforce than one would expect at first. I was totally overdriving it the first laps.

Regarding a car for Season 1 I wouldn't mind this one :) Not really a fan of FWD, not being able to balance the car on throttle is a bit boring. Someone mentioned the M235i Racing. Is that DLC or Mod, couldn't find it in my car list? Could also be a good choice, it's not too quick, a cup class car, RWD, slicks. If the Lambo ST is better than in pc2 it could also be interesting.

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg I think it's the tires, bit like in rf2 and iRacing too, where they just get too hot and give up if you push too hard on the turn in. Slow in, fast out was the best way to drive it, also I guess it doesn't help that the car has less downforce than one would expect at first. I was totally overdriving it the first laps.

Couldn't agree more.

You really had to do some tire management in this race. Pushing 100% in every corner, would overheat and destroy your tires. I race 1 I was entering a couple of the corners to fast and was sliding the car and I took so much life out of the tires.

SilverArrow3

Community Member
Reaction score
About the race itself , i fucked up qualy so started at the back with 2 cars behind me...
Race 1 , ofcourse I knew that there would be incidents ( so don't blame the car guys , blame the drivers ) after all these league racing with starting new seasons it's always like this, but it get's better along the way.....
I was lucky to come out alive of that carnage and found myself in the midfield or something... Saw some more incidents along the way , and in the end I finished P9 , not bad if you start P24.

Race 2 , starting in P2 , but I knew I didn't have the pace of the cars behind ... In turn 1 of lap 1 I was on the inside , avoiding contact at all cost , maybe I was a bit late on the brakes ( due to the other line so missed braking spot ) , and I saw @t0daY going very wide , and not backing off , imo if you go outside the track , you lose the position , but ok ... so I backed off to not collide during your rejoin , but that costed me some places on the next straight.
In the end finished P7 , wich is not bad for me...

Now , this was only a test with increased wear and fuel usage...
I came here to this forum with the mindset this would be the car for the new season ... And now it is not sure this will be used ...
With the new ACC coming , I now want to race with no roof over my helmet ...

There will always be people that like or dislike a car , so you cannot do good for everyone. Same goes for the track calendar ...

But AC is a great game with lot's of possibilities
Here is what we used in the past guys , S1 : a short GT3 season , and S2 to S5 you can see my car in the picture
I would not mind to go back to an open wheeler we used in the past.
Evolution final.jpg

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This was awesome :)

Race 1 - qualifying - I set 12l of fuel as I did when I practiced day before (strangely then I needed 4l per lap??? - what did I do wrong???) and I got out of fuel in half od qualy lap :woot:
So I got last place in the start grid :stig: But somehow in the end I climbed to 14th place....

Race 2 - I am satisfied with my driving. Consistent and fast enough. But in the last lap (I thought last) last corner, I loosen up myself a bit and hit the wall :happy:

In Assetto Corsa I can feel the car way much better than in Project cars but I am still not familiar with in-game hud, key assignment etc.

Is there any was to see who is who on track (like relevant position list in PC2)?

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score

Race 1 - qualifying - I set 12l of fuel as I did when I practiced day before (strangely then I needed 4l per lap??? - what did I do wrong???) and I got out of fuel in half od qualy lap :woot:
So I got last place in the start grid :stig: But somehow in the end I climbed to 14th place....

Race 2 - I am satisfied with my driving. Consistent and fast enough. But in the last lap (I thought last) last corner, I loosen up myself a bit and hit the wall :happy:

In Assetto Corsa I can feel the car way much better than in Project cars but I am still not familiar with in-game hud, key assignment etc.

Is there any was to see who is who on track (like relevant position list in PC2)?

Yep when you hover your mouse to the right of the screen while driving. A popup menu will come out with all the HUD features you can enable and move around. Look around for the one called Leaderboard :) It's quite bulky and can cover up your screen

Just found this app though which has a nice live leaderboard https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding.4998/

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score

I use the ingame app called realtime. It shows you the nearest cars In front and back of you.
Post automatically merged:

Looks so crazy in VR! :)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 2 , starting in P2 , but I knew I didn't have the pace of the cars behind ... In turn 1 of lap 1 I was on the inside , avoiding contact at all cost , maybe I was a bit late on the brakes ( due to the other line so missed braking spot ) , and I saw @t0daY going very wide

I went wide to not collide with you. Trying to overtake on the inside turn 1 at Watkins is quite dangerous (in my opinion). I kept my foot down because I knew slowing down and rejoin would end in more carnage. I didn't know you lost some places because of my rejoin, apologies from my side.

Just thought at the time it would be better to keep down the foot rather than rejoining into a pack of cars with a speed difference :/
Post automatically merged:

Yep when you hover your mouse to the right of the screen while driving. A popup menu will come out with all the HUD features you can enable and move around. Look around for the one called Leaderboard :) It's quite bulky and can cover up your screen

Just found this app though which has a nice live leaderboard https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding.4998/

Make sure to post this app also into our app thread where we are gathering important apps for AC :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@Dama_The_Crow just saw your crash in R2.. Such a shame.. Was really pushing to catch you and was looking forward to a last lap battle. :)

A advice is when you are pitting and changing fuel/tires, turn on "repair body damage". Unless its MAJOR damage they will fix it in roughly the same amount of time as fuel/tires.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I myself couldn't get along with the setup. I kept getting frustrated with the front end giving up on corner entry, which ruined it for me - must be my driving style. I crashed out of both races (one vr/camera issue, sorted now, the other a wheel on the dirt under braking), and in both cases didn't have the motivation to drive any more, let alone race.

I'm also not really a fan of this sort of racing, I prefer slower cars with less downforce. The previous revolution cup season (with the formula Renault 3.5) had pretty tedious racing, due to dirty air, fragile cars, and tyre management; but the feeling of dancing the car on the edge was the main reason why I finished the season. I have had my fill of open wheelers, so I would probably sit out the season if we raced this car, even with open setups.
Felt pretty much the same...
Can't really say I enjoyed last nights racing. Didn't do any practice for this race and it really didn't help that I joined just before the drivers briefing.
Qualy was alright and I startee in P9. Had a clean start but at the end of L3 I touched the wall on the outside of the last corner and my suspension broke, so I had to drive with a steering wheel 45 degrees to the right. Clipped the wall again at the exit of the uphill left hander and was steering was almost completely gone, was happy that I was able to recover into the pits. Steering wheel was 180 degrees to the right at this moment, felt super super strange :-D
Made good progress in the first laps on the 2nd race. Made some overtakes which weren't really exciting, because it was just slipstream plus p2p...

My 2 cents about the car and its physics.
The suspension of the car feels to me like it can't cope with all the braking force and so you are riding on the bumpstops as soon as you are braking. This results in terrible understeer into the corner, which makes driving this car really unappealing to me, because you have to be sooo careful on corner entry and it feels like you don't really push all the time...
Imo the FFB is dreadful, for me there is zero point zero Information in the wheel, it just loads up in the corners and that's pretty much it. No loss of front end grip, no feeling for the rear end during acceleration, I really don't like it.

If we really pick this car for the season, I don't really know if I wanna participate, because driving this car feels so unrewarding to me. Only thing which makes it little bit interesting is the tire wear, which on the other hands introduces just more understeer...

See you next week guys.
Cheers,
Exited

Users who are viewing this thread