Advice: Cockpit (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I found an affordable cocpit that I can buy but I have no idea is it good enough.
For a longer time I am trying to replace my Playseat Challenge, I even wanted to do DIY from Ramiboo's drawings, but I just couldn't find pieces here where I live. So I decided to buy finished product. RSeat RS1 was m,y first choice but price of allmost 850€ with delivery in Croatia was too expensive.

So yesterday I "stumbled" on this cocpit:
https://www.raceroomstore.com/us/game-seat-rr3033.html
Does anyone have experience with it, or does anyone knows is it durable and good enough for a guy of 110 kg and 2m hight :)
I plan to mount on it Thrustmaster T300 for now (plans for Fanatec clubsport base later) and Fanatec Elite LC pedals.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanx Puff. I am not at my computer now but I think that with delivery will be around 650€ maybe more. That is not that much expensive (I mean it is but I can find funds) but.... I am not sure can I even sit in that seat regarding my size :) (I need to check that out)

You think that this raceroom cockpit is not good enough, not enough robust?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
About the seat. I'm 190cm with more than enough weight on my hips. I'm using the Sparco Evo III seat and it fits perfect. the blue measurements are the one you need :
2209_2210_2211_Skizze569f44b48bd72.jpg

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can’t comment on the rr seat but can’t imagine it being better than something from Sabelt or Sparco. The guys at Sim Lab are super helpful, if you give them some measurements they’ll tell you if the GT1 Evo is big enough and which seat would fit.

I’m 1,80 and don’t use the full dimension of the rig. Regarding the seat itself you can mount any that bolts to the bracket but they have a wide range available. No pun intended ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If your on a budget why not check out
https://www.gtomegaracing.com
They are within budget
They are more than robust i have the gt art and its very comfy i do however have my own seat on it and has pleanty of accessory you can get with it. Just an idea..

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If your on a budget why not check out
https://www.gtomegaracing.com
They are within budget
They are more than robust i have the gt art and its very comfy i do however have my own seat on it and has pleanty of accessory you can get with it. Just an idea..
The problem with that kind of rigs (i don't mean that they are not good), that they are not DD ready. If you spent so much money and a year later you want to go bigger with your wheelbase, you can buy a new rig first. That's why I always say, buy it once, even if you have to safe some more money over a few month.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I found an affordable cocpit that I can buy but I have no idea is it good enough.
For a longer time I am trying to replace my Playseat Challenge, I even wanted to do DIY from Ramiboo's drawings, but I just couldn't find pieces here where I live. So I decided to buy finished product. RSeat RS1 was m,y first choice but price of allmost 850€ with delivery in Croatia was too expensive.

So yesterday I "stumbled" on this cocpit:
https://www.raceroomstore.com/us/game-seat-rr3033.html
Does anyone have experience with it, or does anyone knows is it durable and good enough for a guy of 110 kg and 2m hight :)
I plan to mount on it Thrustmaster T300 for now (plans for Fanatec clubsport base later) and Fanatec Elite LC pedals.
I got myself the RR Rig last year and switching to this from playing at my desk was an very huge improvement and the immersion is about factor 1000 higher :)
The Rig itself is pretty alright for the money. Mounting everything is pretty easy and done quiet quickly. I found my seating sweetspot really fast after a couple of tries and had a lot of fun with this thing and I had the impression that my driving got a lot lot better.
But now comes the big but :) The rig itself is not strong enough, especially when you are planing to go for pedals. I have the T3PA Pro with the conical ruber mod and they are enough to make the rig flex during braking. Due to the construction of the rig the flex results is some movement of your steering wheel mounting, so the steering wheel goes up for couple of centimeters everytime I brake pretty hard. Tbh after one year I dont really feel it anymore especially during racing because I got used to it, but still not very good. Another side effect of the flex is, that the whole rig squeaks when you enter and leave it, which is really annoying.
The seat is quite comfortable, didnt had any issue with it until now even when I played for 3-4h straight. I'm 1,94 tall and the rig is definitely big enough for me, so no complaints there, but keep in mind i'm rather slim (85kg) and the seat isn't too wide. The angle of the seat mounting isn't perfect for me, it would be better with some angle, but it's ok.

All in all, I wouldn't really recommend the RR Rig. It isn't bad and I really had a lot of fun with it and still hvaing, but with all the Addons (those enforcements, the adapter plate for the pedals, etc.) it costs about 450€, which isn't reall cheap anymore.
I'm planning to sell mine again and get a nice Sim Lab Rig which isn't much more expensive. In the end I should have gone instantly for the little bit more expensive Sim Lab Rig, fucking swabian mentality :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you all.

I definitely agree that rig needs to be future proof .... maybe someday DD wheel will come.....

As I decided not to buy RR3033 (thank you @Exited for detailed review), I went to check did prices of RSeat S1 dropped, but I calculated that I need more than 1000€ due to customs and shipping (extra 280€ just for that), so...I think I will wait a bit more and go for Sim-Lab cockpit (thank you @Puffpirat for suggesting that option).

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is also DD ready. Maybe a good alternativ.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not convinced by this one. More expensive than GT1 evo, less versatile (pedal and wheel position are not adjustable completely independently) and no shifter mount.

deadmeat2k

Community Member
Reaction score
Why spend so much money - I just spent 10 EUR worth of wood for this 'racing rig' which included my old IKEA office chair and elevation desk :D I was surprised to find it rock solid even during extended racing, and as a bonus it can be easily stoved away along the wall so the office desk can be used as normal within 2 minutes.

Photo (click to enlarge):
Racing rig - Copy.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Why spend so much money - I just spent 10 EUR worth of wood for this 'racing rig' which included my old IKEA office chair and elevation desk :D I was surprised to find it rock solid even during extended racing, and as a bonus it can be easily stoved away along the wall so the office desk can be used as normal within 2 minutes.

Photo (click to enlarge):
View attachment 7657
Your approach seems very similar to my rig Mk1

1564082223531.png

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I am struggling a bit to understand that setup because the image is so cropped. Is is it the pedals to the left? How is the chair kept in place?

It's the other way around. The pedals are to the right, the wood is between the chair and furniture behind to keep it still.

Users who are viewing this thread