Anybody considering a Motion Sim? (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I've been saving for around 3 years (helped by not being much a of a drinker and a non-smoker) with a view to getting a motion sim, and I'm finally going to push the button on one in the next few weeks...problem is what to go for!

I only play racing games and ED, and I'm a VR addict now so I'd narrowed it down to Prosimu T1000 3Dof or the dofreality 3dof ... but now dofreality have started selling a 6dof version, and I'm having a rethink...

Anybody got any experience of motion rigs? I've used a couple at events, but that's about it...I like the videos I've seen of all the options, but I can't decide what to go for!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
It turns out dofreality themselves say the 6dof is not needed for racing, so I've dropped an order in for the the P3 today...the prosimu actuator noise was the deciding factor as reviews say there is little to choose between them. I will post a video when I get it up and running. I'm so excited I could pee myself!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Honestly, the most fun I've ever had in a sim was on a motion platform with VR. OK, so it was one of the Vesaro rigs and they cost a silly amount of money but the bumping around gave a far greater impression of being sat in the cockpit. As an added bonus, watching the footage on a monitor is eerily close to watching visor-cam footage from a real racing driver. Were I still sim-racing I'd be very jealous right now. Who am I kidding, I'm still jealous, have a lot of fun with it :cool:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Which did you go for in the end @Born2BSlow ?
I'm really interested in that dofreality rig but considering building it myself as I have access to most of the parts very cheaply. Did you get to try one out?

Edit: Just re-read the second post lol, where's this vid?

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Just ordered today. Should get it next week hopefully!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well a bit of disappointment today. I have a Rift and a Pimax 8K, neither of which work with openVR motion cancelling software, so i can play with motion or VR but not both together, unless I buy a Vive or Vive Pro...gutted! Especially since I sold my triples just a few months ago!

Oculus aren't interested because it's such a small market, my only hope is that Pimax will make the effort...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid idea but maybe worth a shot, wouldn’t it be possible to mount the sensor(s) onto the rig so they move with it?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can’t do that with Vive bases as the internals are too sensitive, rift sensors apparently don’t like it either, especially once you add transponders

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Just got my tracking information, delivery on the 18th woohoo!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just in time for Easter. It truly is God's will :D

It's a sad state of affairs when I feel the need to point out that I am of course joking and no offense should be taken or inferred. If you are affected by anything in my post, you can contact the CUM (Cluck Upset Me) helpline on 0898 696969 (ooh)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Just in time for Easter. It truly is God's will :D

It's a sad state of affairs when I feel the need to point out that I am of course joking and no offense should be taken or inferred. If you are affected by anything in my post, you can contact the CUM (Cluck Upset Me) helpline on 0898 696969 (ooh)
I'll take that.

I just realised that it's my wife's 40th in June, this could well be a very expensive year! Not just Easter :p:eek:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Delivered 3 days early, it's sitting in my garage, going to build tomorrow, not sure what to do. I need the seat off my current rig, but I have to practice for Thursday night's revolution cup race....gaaaaahh! Decisions decisions!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I’ve been outmanoeuvred by the missus ...
“While you’re moving your rig out anyway we should decorate in there...”
I’ll be in the garage on Thursday, hope it warms up a bit!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting there... hoping to have it running for some basic testing on Friday fingers crossed.
Of course there will no doubt be a trip to Ikea at some point to endure!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Finally got her up and running, need to sort all the wiring out but here's a short video of one of tonight's little test runs

Video of Dofreality P3

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
First thoughts are it’s a bit brutal, I definitely need to do some tuning to reduce the jerkiness. I ran a combo for a TT without movement, and with it switched on I’m a long way off the pace. I’m hoping that’s because it just feels so strange right now.

Users who are viewing this thread