Project CARS 2 Anybody interested in a Time Trial Challenge (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Laiders, I was hoping for slow drivers...you beat my time in Race6 by a tenth...I do love that Ferrari, who needs an excuse to drive that. Nice time!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Gotcha....

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Current combo is the Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione @ Silverstone Classic. I’m really finding the sweet spot with this car, 1:34.852 to beat...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Anybody interested? I'm doing quite well at the moment, come see if you can catch me... :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The guy running this has now created an IOS app that is currently being tested to pick up the UDP feed and send all the data to the website. If you like the idea of default set time trials with a good mix of car and track combos (that you might not normally think to try out) and you're up for a challenge then sign up at www.stoopidchallenges.com, it's getting pretty competitive.

Current combo is the McLaren 650S GT3 @ Laguna Seca . My best time so far is P8 on the leaderboard, a 1:23.260 in amongst the tweaked setup gang :)

I'm baiting the cluckster really, cos I know he loves a default set challenge :stig:

img_87

Community Member
Reaction score
Just signed up for this and simultaneously testing live streaming to YouTube. So if you're bored then you can watch me struggle.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just signed up for this and simultaneously testing live streaming to YouTube. So if you're bored then you can watch me struggle.

Added your channel to our live stream direction which can be found in the task bar at the top :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Latest combo is BMW M1 Procar at Bannochbrae, oh what a lovely combo...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
So far we've resisted the urge to pick the Nordschleife for the Time Trial challenge, but peeps keep asking for it (fools! who think the RD will be gentle with them 6 minutes into a lap)... I need some suggestions for a sensible, stable car that a wide range of people can drive and not get annoyed by to set on Nords in the next Championship please guys. Anyone got any ideas?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck managed to beat your time in the Caterham Event, hard work :)

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
So far we've resisted the urge to pick the Nordschleife for the Time Trial challenge, but peeps keep asking for it (fools! who think the RD will be gentle with them 6 minutes into a lap)... I need some suggestions for a sensible, stable car that a wide range of people can drive and not get annoyed by to set on Nords in the next Championship please guys. Anyone got any ideas?

So about a year ago (PC1), PRD ran a time trial challenge at the 'ring.
The car of choice was the car we were doing a season in... The Radical SR-3.
I think that would be a perfect option to attack that track with, that a majority of people car drive.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck managed to beat your time in the Caterham Event, hard work :)

Nice :pompous:. I only spent 40 minutes on it, starting on default setup and then minimising the brake and radiator ducts for the final 5 minutes or so. Was good fun though :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, I was at it for hours....should have known... :banghead:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To be honest, had I not had other stuff to do, I might well have spent more time on it but my only aim was to see if I could beat the previous #1 time, so I called it a day when that was done. That's a really quick time you've set yourself :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Why didn't I see this earlier :brb:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't want to derail the time trial interest thread, so I'll go off topic in my own thread here ;)

I like default setup time trial, and this my reasoning. I'm a 45 yr old accountant earning a nice living and enjoy sim racing as a hobby, I'm never going to be a racing driver IRL, and I don't have enough time for practice to be good enough to make it as a sim racer (and I'm not sure it's possible to earn enough to make it worthwhile yet). I can however get on track occasionally and have a go. What this means is the ability to adapt my driving to an imperfectly set up car is a much more useful skill for me than learning how to set up a car correctly.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't want to derail the time trial interest thread, so I'll go off topic in my own thread here ;)

I like default setup time trial, and this my reasoning. I'm a 45 yr old accountant earning a nice living and enjoy sim racing as a hobby, I'm never going to be a racing driver IRL, and I don't have enough time for practice to be good enough to make it as a sim racer (and I'm not sure it's possible to earn enough to make it worthwhile yet). I can however get on track occasionally and have a go. What this means is the ability to adapt my driving to an imperfectly set up car is a much more useful skill for me than learning how to set up a car correctly.
Aye, similar here. For me it has always been the more interesting part of a default time-trial challenge, getting to grips with an imperfect setup. That and tuning a car has always bored me - I didn't enjoy it back in the days of Indy 500 and I don't enjoy it now. If I'm spending time in the garage, I'm wasting precious track time. I know I can go faster if I spend the time but it's something that doesn't interest me.

If I'm brutally honest, I suspect this might lie at the heart of why I've gone off racing a bit. The days of being able to throw a setup together that 'just worked' in pCARS1 are gone and as much as I want to read Nighttiger's excellent guide, as much as I wanted to read Michael Krumm's 'Driving on the Edge', deep down I'm not interested enough to do so. Give me a circuit, give me a car, give me a setup (default or not) and I'll try and have fun driving it - if I don't, I'll move on to another combo.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I just got hold of a copy of Krumm's Driving on the Edge last week. Bloody bargain on Amazon at £34.64 for the hardcover version. I thought it was a mistake as it's usually much more than that. Now I've got it I opened it and found out it's signed by the author as well, price for the same book is now £181... maybe I need to make sure all the pages are there. I do read for half an hour in bed every night to wind down so I'll definitely be reading it (when I've finished Total Competition: Lessons in Strategy from Formula 1)

Users who are viewing this thread