Assetto Corsa Competizione 12 Hours of Suzuka (hosted by AOR) (1 Viewer)

12 Hours of Suzuka (hosted by AOR)
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 12:00
Until: Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Pierre CREUSEVAULT @benimi @Shepard We need to decide on a car for GT4, what will it be? :)

Having spoken with @frankodrose @hinesy32 and @Ricardo Macieira i found the Audi and the Aston good to drive. Now objectively we are looking for a car with good straight line speed (i would say 260 with slipstream), good tire management and fast cornering abilities. There's about 40% chances of rain so we are also looking at a car with a variable TC/ABS.

That Eliminates the Ginetta (too short geared) and the Maserati (No TC/ABS). On my testing, the Mclaren had the rear tires overheating quickly and i found its gearing way too long (I could barely go into 6th gear and still had one more gear to go). The KTM and the Alpine are a bit slower in the straight lines but much quicker in the corners. I'm not fond of the brake balance in the porsche, i find it quite twitchy but it definitely has a good pace on this track. I still have to try the BMW, the Chevy and the Merc to see if one stands out.

i suggest we open a server for both GT3s and GT4s, that would help us looking at how the cars behave on the track with traffic, slipstream and dirty air, so both team Yellow and Green would be able to chose a car :)

BTW, i'm registered on RSR Green atm @Battenberg , do i have to switch to team yellow ?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
BTW, i'm registered on RSR Green atm @Battenberg , do i have to switch to team yellow ?

Ah I didn't spot that, looks like me and Ricardo have crossed wires. Nothing is final right now, once we know who wants to drive what we can sort out the team entry :)
Post automatically merged:

@Ricardo Macieira would you like to drive GT3 or GT4?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
can drive anything, dont have any problem driving gt3

Reactions: Tom

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I have only driven the AMG so far, was quite happy with that. But I am open to any GT4, except the ones @Pierre CREUSEVAULT mentioned to be sub-par wrt ABS/TC. I will do some testing on Thursday morning.
Post automatically merged:

Also, an important thing regarding stint time: 75minutes is not the max driving time for the driver, so we can do double-stints e.g.

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i'm not driving this race but...based on the bible, the Aston Martin and the AMG are the cars to go for serious racing, somewhere in the video (probably at the end) he makes his opinion on that.

Last edited:

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind driving anything from GT4.
I'm going to register on the AOR forum later tonight hopefully, I haven't had time to do it yet :\

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I think we are set :p

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Am I driving GT3 or can I switch to GT4 as I would like to drive the Aston GT4 as I have the most expirience with that car

• Informative
Reactions: Tom

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
aston

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any car preference? Nissan is weak at suzuka as showed by @drukqs and porsche is really dangerous for long races

Note that what i have posted above was about GT4 cars and not GT3!

Coincidentally the Nissan is indeed a bit weak at Suzuka.
Not sure which car (GT3) would be appropriate there, but i think it's a track that would benefit cars with good aerodynamic package.

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guess we only need to practice and make a decent setup then

Users who are viewing this thread