Assetto Corsa Apps (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apps
Assetto Corsa has some great apps to offer. Here is a small list of helpful apps:
  • RaceEssentials + Sidekick by Topuz:
    All you need to know in one app
    RaceEssentials monitors over 30 useful parameters, crucial for almost every type of driving session
    Sidekick is a slightly more compact version of RaceEssentials, but covering much the same information

• pTracker
    Displays race standings, gaps, fuel, delta times, fastest laps etc.

• Track Map
    Full track map in place of the default partial map

• HeliCorsa
    Overhead 'radar style' view of cars nearby

• TyreTemp
    Everything you need to know about your tyre temps

• CrewChief
    Provides a virtual 'spotter' to let you know where cars are around you, as well as providing other info

• Content Manager
    A custom launcher and content management app for Assetto Corsa

If you have your own personal favourite apps that you think are useful, let us know in this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would add the FFB Clip app.
The app turns down your FFB gain in AC while driving to an appropriate level so that you get not too much clipping. It also has an inbuild filter for the FFB and works like a treat for me.

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
for those that like to "keep it real"

Pit Board
briefly displays essential info in pitboard style as you cross start/fin line.

much neater Damage indicator
this can be moved anywhere on screen in Content Manager, not sure about in Std game(never played it!)

also an alternative Tyre App
Pro Tyres and associated Info pack

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
are there any plans to implement stracker & ptracker to track laptimes on the server?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY @Ricardo Macieira @Battenberg (this might be worth tagging the AC community)

At Bahrain I was racing in the pack and noticed that Helicorsa was having issues showing cars to the left and right of me that were originally in front of me. They kept fading in and out during tight turns and only appearing by my side when it was too late. It was something I noticed before but thought it was just a bug in the App not detecting cars correctly. Unfortunately with this issue it was a contributing factor in an incident I caused where there was a car on my right but the App was not showing them, they weren't within my FOV and as a result I made contact and caused us both to spin.

I looked in to the app and have discovered the ini file for the App that can control certain parameters (\…\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\apps\helicorsa.ini) Within it there are a few things you can change.

minoratingskin = candy (???)
showbackgroundpic = 1 (shows the radar circles)
showindicators = 1 (???)
showcars = 1 (shows cars rectangles - yellow and orange still work with this off)
guizoomfactor = 1.2 (Changes the scale of the App - Higher or lower resolution screens)
maxiumalpha = 0.9 (Changes the visibility of the app - Opacity)
showtitle = 5 (Shows title of app in seconds)
worldzoom = 5 (???)
opacitythreshold = 8.0 (How far away the cars are before they start to fade in meters)
frontfadeoutarc = 90 (degrees in front of car in an arc to ignore cars in front)
frontfadeangle = 10 (how "soft" the car will fade in/out that is in front of you)
carlength = 4.3 (length of car - to provide scale as AC can not provide this information)
carwidth = 1.8 (width of car - to provide scale as AC can not provide this information)
distancethreshold = 30.0 (how far away before starting to draw cars)
updatethreshold = 0.03 (how often to update the app - 0.0333 = 30 times a second, 0.0166 = 60, 0.01 = 100 times a second, etc)
removebackgroundeveryframe = 1 (The app does something if you click on it and this is a work around bug fix. developer states this might improve performance if switched off)
indicator1colors = 1,0.843,0 (???)
indicator2colors = 1,0.376,0 (???)

I changed two of the values in my ini file today and I now can see cars in front of me and more important the ones that are just to the side but out of my FOV for better tracking.

frontfadeoutarc = 0 (was 90 by default)
frontfadeangle = 0 (was 10 by default)

Before:
BEFORE.jpg

After: (white rectangles - apologies it is being covered by the start lights)
AFTER.jpg

I know if I had these settings in Bahrain I would of avoided causing the incident I did as I would have been able to assess the situation before it was too late. Only on replay I saw what I did.

this discovery will help me in future on close racing and I hope it might help others.

Users who are viewing this thread