Project CARS 2 April 1, 2019 - TT #8 - Aston Martin Vantage GTE @ Le Mans (1 Viewer)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Welcome @Members to the 8th round of our Hotlap Championship. The goal is simple, set your fastest time using the in-game time-trial mode, with the car and track combo posted. If you're like not a setup wizard then you can opt to use one of the default presets (loose, stable or OEM - where available) as we'll be running separate divisions for open and default setups.

Date: 1st April 2019 - 30th April 2019
Car: Aston Martin Vantage GTE
Track: Le Mans

Some basic stuff
If you've previously set a time on this combo and you are unable to beat it, please take a screenshot before leaving the session or your time will be excluded. If you are taking part in the Default Setup division and are unable to beat a time you have previously set on a Custom Setup, then you must record video evidence to prove your time was set on default or your time will NOT be included for the round. You can only set a time in one division, custom OR default, per round - your time will be taken from the leaderboards at the end of the month, so please do not try and beat your own default setup time with a custom setup (or vice versa), until the month has ended and the results have been posted.

If you are taking part in the 'default' division, you must select an in-built default preset, do NOT match a custom setup to the in-game defaults. We will be using the SMS leaderboards to verify the times and setups used.

The track limits will be defined by the in-game limits, not "Two wheels within the white lines". If those limits seem too loose or too tight, drive your lap accordingly. We will not be reviewing laps unless they are suspiciously fast.

Current Top 5
(Last updated 29/04/2019 - 16:08 UTC)

1. @ProjectPD - 3:48.859 (C)
  2. @PatatorJohn - 3:50.939 (C)
  3. @serioh9 - 3:53.733 (C)
  4. @Spitfire - 3:54.832 (C)
  5. @Jomba - 3:55.841 (C)
(D) = Default Setup | (C) = Custom Setup

Good luck and have fun, because fun is what this is all about!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members , this should be a time-trial you can all enjoy! There's some stiff competition at the top of the world leaderboards but let's show them who's boss. Have at it!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the last TT challenge.. being a setup noob I needed all my time for the Revolution Cup 6.
Will try this one for sure...new circuit to me so getting to know the track for future races will be my main goal.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've posted a time some days ago for the specified combo but I'm not seeing it in the rankings. Is there something I should do?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi again Patator! We haven't seen you around for quite a while and weren't sure if you were still racing with us, so although I saw your time on the leaderboards I wasn't 100% certain whether that was deliberately part of this or pure coinicidence. I'll add you to the OP now :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, i can this TT going to be the one that breaks me. I got a few days off coming up.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well done to @ProjectPD for snatching victory, setting a new pCARS2 WR in the process. @PatatorJohn was thus pushed down into 2nd place, despite setting a top-5 time amongst some heavy-hitting names. Taking 3rd spot was @serioh9 with his first podium in this series.

There won't be a new combo going up, sadly. We had hoped that this combo would get more people involved but numbers were down yet again so we say farewell to this. A big thank you to everybody that took part and set a time in the combos we put up for you.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
It's not the combo, that was a fun one. Problem was that it happened when both leagues were going.
I would gladly play this combo more, but just couldn't find the time.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congrats to @ProjectPD, stunning one on a difficult circuit :cool:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The series is a great idea, just I'm struggling to find the time to dedicate.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The series was going to have to come to an end at some point anyway. Despite the huge array of cars and tracks, many simply weren't suitable and finding suitable and interesting combos was becoming an increasingy difficult task. That, coupled with an ever decreasing number of participants (in reality, barely 5 or 6 people took part month in, month out)

All that matters, though, is that the people that took part had some fun and got to try some new cars or new combos, away from the pressure of a race against other people. We hope we succeeded in that at least :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
an ever decreasing number of participants (in reality, barely 5 or 6 people took part month in, month out)
I count 15 in February... after that the rev cup took all my... and probably other's time...
Hope the tt challenge will return in the future in whatever format because it is a great way to learn tracks, improve your driving technique...and know what level you are up to compared to others.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I count 15 in February... after that the rev cup took all my... and probably other's time...
Hope the tt challenge will return in the future in whatever format because it is a great way to learn tracks, improve your driving technique...and know what level you are up to compared to others.
Yes, but the 5 or 6 I refer to are the regular participants - as in, those who took part month in, month out :)

Users who are viewing this thread