m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SneakyPanda

Community Member
Reaction score
guys i havent raced with you for a few years but im back into it again can i join the assetto season or am i to late

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to put it, so goes here. :)

Oculus RIFT S vs Oculus RIFT vs HTC VIVE. Looks like a pretty good upgrade.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I’ll tell you in a week :D

It must be nice to be German and have a money tree in the backyard. :p

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't really know where to put it, so goes here. :)

Oculus RIFT S vs Oculus RIFT vs HTC VIVE. Looks like a pretty good upgrade.

Hmmm doesn't look too good imo. Keep in my that the Rift S is around 400-450€ at the moment, no Hardware IPD adjustment and the less accurate inside out tracking (which has also a positive as you don't need sensors anymore). At that price point I'm not convinced but the improvement and I can tell you that the sides of the original Rift isn't as blurry as in the video.
I like the brighter picture, seems way more natural, but right now I would rather spend 150€ more and get the HP Reverb, which looks really awesome through the lenses :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think the comparison is quite good. The picture in the rift is a little better than the video shows, but if that also goes for the rift s I’m happy :) read a rather bad review about the Reverb. The picture in the sweetspot is great but that spot is small.

The Valve Index looks tempting but the price, puh. The rift s is only 26% more taxing than the og rift. At 90Hz the Index is 78% more GPU intensive, at 120Hz 137%! Purely going by pixels per second.

NVIDIA bring a 3080Ti already xD

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the comparison is quite good. The picture in the rift is a little better than the video shows, but if that also goes for the rift s I’m happy :) read a rather bad review about the Reverb. The picture in the sweetspot is great but that spot is small.

The Valve Index looks tempting but the price, puh. The rift s is only 26% more taxing than the og rift. At 90Hz the Index is 78% more GPU intensive, at 120Hz 137%! Purely going by pixels per second.

Have you checked Pimax?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It’s not available in Germany yet. Problem for me would be, I don’t have vive base stations which are needed because the Pimax is Headset only (for now). And 2 base stations plus pimax 5k+ is about 1100€. That’s Vive pro territory. Other than that it looks good xD

The index would be even cheaper, 1079€ (headset, base stations, controllers). I’d much rather have that then :)

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Watch this one, doesn't sound bad to me and the shoots through the lenses are awesome. Also the Reverb doesn't seem to be really harsh on performance and he cranked up SS to 200% (don't why you would do that, as the native resolution is already that high...)

Yeah the Valve headset is really tempting, but with those base stations is just a rip off and really not needed for sim racing... For sim racing i think the perfect solution is inside out tracking. You don't need the sticks and you have the whole USB bandwidth for the wheel. Read that sometimes the sensor usb inputs are interfering with the wheel usb outputs which disturbs the FFB in the end...

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So being the off-season, I decided to get AC installed finally and see what all the fuss is about. My experience so far....

Wonder why nothing works: wheel, pedals etc. 30 mins later unplugging/replugging in my USB extension gives me back everything (not AC related)
Configure wheel etc.
Decide I might as well try the current season car and next track
Spend the next hour downloading "various things" for AC
return to the game, work out how to enable helicorsa/pit penalties
finally log into a practice session @ Detroit with Ginetta. Drive for 5 mins.
Spend next 30 minutes trying to work out how to recentre VR (answer you can't in AC, but can if you use Content Manager).
log into practice session. Try to drive for a bit, get annoyed at having to switch to a mouse to do anything. dpads don't exist in AC it seems.
Remember how PC2 is great at game UI and accessibility
Go back into session, determined to actually do some laps. Get annoyed at CTRL+SPACE
Drive for 30 minutes. Maybe getting the hang of it, but wonder why on earth people rave about AC. Disappointing car and a bleach-white "street circuit" that you can barely see the corners.
Frustration takes over, time for bed.
Next Day, decide to give AC another go.
Spend a hour working out content manager
load up game, find my wheel no longer works
move content manager out of the AC folders
rerun wheel wizard about 100 times while trying to work out what happened.
Loads up 2004 F1 Ferrari and silverstone.
NOW I GET IT WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME HOW AMAZING THIS IS GUYS DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN DRIVE LIKE AN F1 DRIVER IN THIS THING???

so yeah...its going ok.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a twist! To be fair its not great for jumping into, I had to do a lot of faffing about to get stuff how I wanted it too, but now its juuust right. Mods are hit and miss like in any game, but the dlc is always great quality. Its just a shame how multiplayer handles missing content (you need to have everything used in a server installed, if you don't have a single car out of many, you can't join :().
Post automatically merged:

My tip to anyone staring with Ac would be to use content manager as your front end straight away, even if you don't want to use mods. I can't understate how brilliantly useful it is, it's like Assetto Corsa 1.5.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
What a twist! To be fair its not great for jumping into, I had to do a lot of faffing about to get stuff how I wanted it too, but now its juuust right. Mods are hit and miss like in any game, but the dlc is always great quality. Its just a shame how multiplayer handles missing content (you need to have everything used in a server installed, if you don't have a single car out of many, you can't join :().
Post automatically merged:

My tip to anyone staring with Ac would be to use content manager as your front end straight away, even if you don't want to use mods. I can't understate how brilliantly useful it is, it's like Assetto Corsa 1.5.
I might ask you about some quality of live improvements at some point if that's ok? :)

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
So being the off-season, I decided to get AC installed finally and see what all the fuss is about. My experience so far....

Wonder why nothing works: wheel, pedals etc. 30 mins later unplugging/replugging in my USB extension gives me back everything (not AC related)
Configure wheel etc.
Decide I might as well try the current season car and next track
Spend the next hour downloading "various things" for AC
return to the game, work out how to enable helicorsa/pit penalties
finally log into a practice session @ Detroit with Ginetta. Drive for 5 mins.
Spend next 30 minutes trying to work out how to recentre VR (answer you can't in AC, but can if you use Content Manager).
log into practice session. Try to drive for a bit, get annoyed at having to switch to a mouse to do anything. dpads don't exist in AC it seems.
Remember how PC2 is great at game UI and accessibility
Go back into session, determined to actually do some laps. Get annoyed at CTRL+SPACE
Drive for 30 minutes. Maybe getting the hang of it, but wonder why on earth people rave about AC. Disappointing car and a bleach-white "street circuit" that you can barely see the corners.
Frustration takes over, time for bed.
Next Day, decide to give AC another go.
Spend a hour working out content manager
load up game, find my wheel no longer works
move content manager out of the AC folders
rerun wheel wizard about 100 times while trying to work out what happened.
Loads up 2004 F1 Ferrari and silverstone.
NOW I GET IT WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME HOW AMAZING THIS IS GUYS DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN DRIVE LIKE AN F1 DRIVER IN THIS THING???

so yeah...its going ok.

He is one of us now. o_O AC - Good... Outside World - Bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread