Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (5 Viewers)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Official statement link: https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/news/

AC2.png

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
GT3
BTW I thought Blancpain GT was in association with iRacing?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
They are branching out, a good thing to see what other racing sims out there do with a licence like this.
Looking forward to the result as the teaser was remarkable.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#Hyped :) :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hoping they finally nail an all round product with this one. If they keep it simple, one class, no mods, bug free and get the multiplayer right with some kind of ranking system then it could be brilliant.

Personally I'm not a fan of GT3 and it seems a shame to not have road based race cars, which in my view offer the best racing and most real world interest for me, not too mention AC absolutely perfected the handling of these. However, if they get a focused product that tries to offer less but does it really well then I think they could be onto a winner. For me they just need to work on the UI and quality assurance, I hope the new graphics engine doesn't take up all the focus...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I saw this when it was announced, I'm still a little skeptical because when it launches on Steam in summer, it'll be releasing as an early access, and that has always been a bit of a ehhhhh moment for me. But beyond that, GT3 (my favourite), Official Blacpain (aweeesome), probably the best looking racing sim to date and VR support..

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Some early comparisons are out there already. It's still pre-alpha, but it looks and sounds pretty nice!

It's a shame it's only GT3, but I can see some RSR Enduros in this game in our future ;)
Both look great!! ACC Engine Audio
sounds better though

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Wow still a long way to go.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could drive 3 laps today, more detailed report will follow when I have wifi :)

Look who drove directly after me:

IMG_20180727_184407.jpg

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was he quicker?

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pricing has been announced for this. If you get it in the first couple of months, it's going to cost €24.99 . This reminds me of what Codemasters did with DiRT Rally early access (another game I bought in early access and played for about an hour). The final price looks like it will be €45 or thereabouts, for which it would have to be truly outstanding in every aspect to justify.

(I'll only get this game if it ends up being a staple part of RSR's scheduled races AND proves to be excellent and stable, otherwise it holds no interest to me and I'm only posting to pass on this news about pricing)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Get that 2080ti for raytracing

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see the raytracing element being a really nice addition for screenshots and replays. Whilst the technology will eventually catch up to providing a rock-solid 60fps at 1080p and higher whilst driving, I see it as too much of a sacrifice for too little material gain 'from the cockpit'. Give it time though and we'll look back and wonder how we put up with such 'primitive' graphics for so long :)

Mod hat on:
Please keep the thread on the topic of ACC. Any posts moaning about the cost of RTX cards or the relative worth of raytracing will be removed.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
So who is going to get this in the next coming days?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So who is going to get this in the next coming days?
If it's £20 on the opening round of EA, maybe. Even then, I won't actually even try it until VR support is added - having only driven in VR for 4 years now (or is it 5?), I have no desire to drive without VR.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread