Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah, and the UI is sometimes a bit shitty, had to duck in my seat cause i couldn't see the menu because it was behind the roll cage of the car xD

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
from day 1 to present has it got a lot better?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Performance wise on my maschine, no. Picture in my Rift is still pretty blurry, even on Epic AA and 150% pixel density. I have the feeling that the TAA method is just shit for VR, but we will see what they can do this year...

Gameplay wise it got a lot better in my opinion. The added 4 more tracks and cars and the handling of each car is completely different to the others which is great fun. The tracks do look amazing imo, I really like Zolder. The physics, the sound and the FFB are just perfect to me. It all feels really really natural and believeable to me, 100% like I would expect these cars to handle in reallife. Kerb behaviour and collision detection seems a little bit odd sometimes, just try the Jag at Zolder with low ride height :) I really like the special events competition, for me it is quite a thrill to compete with the fastest drivers out there in the hotlap/hotsting/superpole competitions and I'm really happy with my pace, consistency and results.
Didn't try to much multiplayer until now, because I read it is still really buggy and they are rewriting the whole multiplayer netcode, so not much interest from my side to test it. I kind of like the UI, because I don't have to the Oculus on my head then put it off again to just change some video settings etc.

But to be honest, I don't expect to game to be really ready this year as there are still to many problems right now. I do really hope there end goal is to have a multiplayer like iRacing with weekly Blanclain races and the 24h of Spa as the highlight each year. But seing the stability of the game, especially multiplayer right now, I expext something like this next year the earliest. They still have so much to do (driver swaps, performance optimizations, bug fixing, providing a stable multiplayer enviroment, etc.), but I really have faith in Kunos and I will be the patient and see how this develops :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
how's VR support? heard it was crap at the moment.
Performance currently bad with 1080ti/6700k. However my expectation is that should drastically improve once its release candidate - if not its simply not acceptable.

Visuals still does not compare to AC / PC2 imo.

Using it menu wise is really where I lose my will to even try it for more than 5 minutes. PC2 really has spoiled me with its menu use practicality and options.

Again though its EA so we cannot judge the end result currently but if your asking what its like currently (which you are) that is my opinion.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Again though its EA so we cannot judge the end result currently
I had started getting nervous tics until I realized that you meant Early Access :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I do really hope there end goal is to have a multiplayer like iRacing with weekly Blanclain races and the 24h of Spa as the highlight each year.

Won't ever happen not with all the issues they have going on like you mentioned. They aren't going to spend money on the proper servers to support that endeavor. To do so would require charging the user base and let's face it the user base focus is console players then PC. Easiest way to recoup their development costs. They COULD release some sort of server rental program much akin to what EA did with BF3/4 but their netcode needs to be stellar. At this point with them not even having proper triple support they have ALOT of work to do for 2019.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Won't ever happen not with all the issues they have going on like you mentioned. They aren't going to spend money on the proper servers to support that endeavor. To do so would require charging the user base and let's face it the user base focus is console players then PC. Easiest way to recoup their development costs. They COULD release some sort of server rental program much akin to what EA did with BF3/4 but their netcode needs to be stellar. At this point with them not even having proper triple support they have ALOT of work to do for 2019.
Is do really disagree with your opinion because of the following two reason.
First, Kunos already mentioned in their roadmap that they will have 'live special events'. I dont think that will be just different special events to the ones we already have right now, but more like the iRacing weekly races. I don't expect them to include this feature in the next build, but I'm certain it will be in the game some time.
Second, there is a 3rd party addon for AC were you already have iRacing like races. Don't know if you know it, it's called Sim Racing System. They don't charge any money at all, so why shouldn't it be possible for Kunos to implement something like this. Server costs must be that low, if a private person can run it on his own ;-)

Actually there is even a third reason, they are gonna implement driver swaps. Why would you implement something like this, if you don't plan to make endurance races possible? :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Whether its implement or not is not the problem. Its if its done well and not some half-way measure and then they call it good. So I will continue to remain skeptical until its working as good or better than iRacing. I have seen the SRS stuff its decent but it doesn't carry the population of players that it needs to do well. Maybe in the future when it expands. We all have seen how these developers make comments on wanting to top iRacing and yet here we are still waiting. iRacing and RF2 will continue to dominate unless a developer ups the ante. Let's also remember Kunos also needs to enter the esports arena and offer some high end competition like the other 2 do to attract players. Can Kunos get close? Maybe but it certainly won't be with this version. So we will have to agree to disagree on that one. :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Played a little bit on the weekend again and when launched Oculus Tray Tool I had the idea to try ASW off and Pixel Density set in OTT for a run.
And what should I say, Wow this really changed the game for me in the current state! Went with 1,7 Pixel Density and got around 65 fps stable in the Rarri at Zolder Hotstint event which was completely fine for me. Yes there is a liiiiittle bit of stutter but after couple of laps I did not recognize it anymore. But the clarity of the picture in the Rift is sooo much better, I was really blown away, looked really nice! Made me wonder if the ingame pixel density setting is not working for me...

Still 65fps alone at Zolder at 16pm ingame time on high settings on a 1080ti is still nothing to be proud of imo, but the clarity and picture at all seems very promising :)

Try it yourself and share your opinions, I'm interested :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I can't I have triples. :(

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Some people perhaps interested in a small online practice night?

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa Competizione v0.6 Early Access Release Delay

we apologize for the delay that this news had about the forum post, but all the team is pushing with developing and testing our refactoring build, planned for next week on Steam. Since this forum remains the perfect place to go deeper in facts, the news is now implemented with some cool detail at the end of the news. As you might know, if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to. Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalize the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car. To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know And now a sneak-peek for you guys on the forum, because the changelog will be rich of exciting topics, let us whisper: Radar, Camera Features, CPU Optimisations, Weather updates and some more. We can’t wait to release what we have in store for you.

Source: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-6-early-access-release-delay-spoilers.54943/

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really really really curious how good the CPU optimizations are as this is the part where my PC struggles the most. With 20AI there is no chance for me to get an acceptable gameplay with the Rift. At Nürburgring in the Lambo AI race I get around 35-40 fps while my 1080 Ti is around 35% usage with Shadows already at low and mirror distance down to 50 meters. Also a lot of stutter which makes the whole thing an atrocious experience...

Still loving the physics, the sound, the physics and the graphics! When framerate is acceptable this sim provides so much fun and feeling, can't wait for the final product!

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With 20AI there is no chance for me to get an acceptable gameplay with the Rift.
Lol, for me that's impossible even without VR...

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol, for me that's impossible even without VR...
Try turning down Shadows and mirror rendering distance plus maybe visible opponents to something like 10. This lowers CPU demand by quite a lot :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Try turning down Shadows and mirror rendering distance plus maybe visible opponents to something like 10. This lowers CPU demand by quite a lot :)
do you think i5-6300 2.7ghz should be able to get this running or do I really need to bump this down this much? :/

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
do you think i5-6300 2.7ghz should be able to get this running or do I really need to bump this down this much? :/
Don't know but I think your CPU is a little bit underpowered for the current demand of ACC. I have a 4 core/4 threads i5-4690 at 3,7 ghz all core turbo and it is nowhere near enough for ACC needs...
Sadly it doesn't get much better even with i7 8700k/9900k at more than 4,5 ghz, but let's wait for the new build and the CPU optimizations Kunos promised :)

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those who suffer from a blurry image with TAA try to copy these lines into your "Engine.ini" file (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor):

[SystemSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=2
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=32
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.MaxAnisotropy=16

So that it looks like this:

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/FMODStudio/Content