Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
That's the spirit!!
Dynamic weather and/or night racing on please, thanks :)
I would like to help with setting up the server for some testraces, game is so addictive atm :)

From the looks of it, it should be fairly easy to set up a server. :)

If you are up for it, we can try tonight and see how it runs?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From the looks of it, it should be fairly easy to set up a server. :)

If you are up for it, we can try tonight and see how it runs?
Haven't looked into the server setup menu, but I would imagine it is pretty straight forward as in AC so shouldn't be a huge thing :)

Yeah I will be online tonight, probably at around 20.45 german time :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tip to get into a good ACC mood:
- Try the 488 GT3 at Zolder at the aggressive preset with slightly adjusted front ARB to 24-25 and BB down to 56%

-> pure driving gold imo :happy:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really liked the Lambo around Nürburgring :)

Is there finally mouse support in VR? Haven't touched it for a while...

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, ill set up a server from 20 DK time, then people are free to join. :)

Server name will be RSR Test and password will be rsr2019

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Much happier in ACC now.

VR performance has gone from atrocious to smooth for me in the alst patch rounds and ASW2 helping a lot on top of that as well.

They still need to do a fair bit to make VR usable from a UI / navigation perspective imo but at least the driving experience is pretty good now (I do miss a fair bit of PC2 downforce loadup during high speed corners but ACC has nice feels in other areas - as always there is never the perfect sim but all have something good).

Also the VR colour issues I had are now gone - graphics now look good.

Still dont like some of the tracks so far purely from a track layout perspective (Hungaroring way to much stop starting for instance - just no flow) and dont know how long GT3 only would keep me entertained but will definitely give it a good go now.

Zolder in the 488 is a really nice combo - that really has a nice flow.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really liked the Lambo around Nürburgring :)

Is there finally mouse support in VR? Haven't touched it for a while...
No mouse support until now, but tbh I really don't miss it as the button navigation is really really good and I enjoy to not have to lift the Rift all the time. I can navigate through menus and setup with my buttons on my T300 pretty easy and the new MFD gives you even more options as you don't need seperate buttons for TC, ABS, dash pages and so on.
I agree, the Lambo is also really nice and it teached me alot to drive a lot smoother to be faster. Really cool car to challenge your driving skills. Only problem I have with it is that the FFB became really bad with update 0.6 or so. Before the Lambo FFB was the best for me, now it becomes so damn light during braking, it is really hard to feel anything in the wheel...

Much happier in ACC now.

VR performance has gone from atrocious to smooth for me in the alst patch rounds and ASW2 helping a lot on top of that as well.

They still need to do a fair bit to make VR usable from a UI / navigation perspective imo but at least the driving experience is pretty good now (I do miss a fair bit of PC2 downforce loadup during high speed corners but ACC has nice feels in other areas - as always there is never the perfect sim but all have something good).

Also the VR colour issues I had are now gone - graphics now look good.

Still dont like some of the tracks so far purely from a track layout perspective (Hungaroring way to much stop starting for instance - just no flow) and dont know how long GT3 only would keep me entertained but will definitely give it a good go now.

Zolder in the 488 is a really nice combo - that really has a nice flow.
Interesting how feelings differ. I do really enjoy Hungaroring as it has a really nice flow imo. The back part of the track is just so nice to attack and rewarding if you get it right. On the other hand, I really dislike Nürburgring as this track has literally no interesting corner (maybe Schumacher-S) imo and the stadium section is one of the worst parts in road racing imo :)
My dream DLC would be Intercontinental GT Series as this would bring Bathurst, Suzuka and Laguna Seca to the game and I think the chances are quite good, because it is a SRO championship and they already have the Laguna data :)

Looking forward to the release as it should come also with the 911 Cup and the Lambo Super Trofeo car. This alone will be a good addition to the car roster!

Another tip would be, set the track to slightly wet and clear sky and do a 20min race. Really awesome to see the track drying and forming a proper racing line :) probably most fun if ever had in an online race and the immersion in VR was just out of this world :p

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the release as it should come also with the 911 Cup and the Lambo Super Trofeo car. This alone will be a good addition to the car roster!

Well according to their roadmap in the final update should include "All the Officially Licensed 2018 and 2019** Blancpain GT Series cars, teams and circuits"

With 2019 update coming during the summer.
Post automatically merged:

So cars coming in the last update should be Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, Honda and Aston, McLaren and Lambo ST? Seems like a lot of cars they need to get ready.

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well according to their roadmap in the final update should include "All the Officially Licensed 2018 and 2019** Blancpain GT Series cars, teams and circuits"

With 2019 update coming during the summer.

View attachment 6827

So cars coming in the last update should be Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, Honda and Aston, McLaren and Lambo ST? Seems like a lot of cars they need to get ready.
Pretty sure that they are already done with tracks and cars, you could see in the livestream that some drivers were running the R8, the Lexus, the Merc and the Aston on the weekend at Monza at the SRO esport event. Pretty sure that you could drive every car you want at the event :)
You could also drive Brands Hatch etc. :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Okay, that was easy to do. :D

Cya all at 20PM DK time. :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would like to join tonight i only got some issues in VR ( Rift ) ,does anyone have a good setup ( json file i think ? ) for VR ? i cant see any info when driving its all on wrong location and to small.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would like to join tonight i only got some issues in VR ( Rift ) ,does anyone have a good setup ( json file i think ? ) for VR ? i cant see any info when driving its all on wrong location and to small.
Use 100% Pixel Density and 99% Resolution Scale. This fixes the UI hiding behind the roll cage and other interior stuff. Then force 120-130 Pixel Density with the Oculus Ttay Tool.
You can adjust the UI size with CTRL + Arrow Up/Down or CTRL + Left/Right, can't remember 100% anymore. I think there is another option to change the size differentely with CTRL + Shift + Arrow keys :)

I will be on in around 45min @Noztra

I can also recommend this thread on the official forum.
A lot of people are stating that Pheebeau engine settings are working quite good for them. I personally don't use all the settings, especially not the AA and the LOD settings, as I want to set them ingame and the LOD thing seems like it is bad for performance which is still an issue on my side :)

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Use 100% Pixel Density and 99% Resolution Scale. This fixes the UI hiding behind the roll cage and other interior stuff. Then force 120-130 Pixel Density with the Oculus Ttay Tool.
You can adjust the UI size with CTRL + Arrow Up/Down or CTRL + Left/Right, can't remember 100% anymore. I think there is another option to change the size differentely with CTRL + Shift + Arrow keys :)

I will be on in around 45min @Noztra

I can also recommend this thread on the official forum.
A lot of people are stating that Pheebeau engine settings are working quite good for them. I personally don't use all the settings, especially not the AA and the LOD settings, as I want to set them ingame and the LOD thing seems like it is bad for performance which is still an issue on my side :)
Will give it a try tomorrow. I must say i am suprised and bit impressed since last updates. Game feels much better. Oh btw do you know if there is a solution to make the camera more stable ? My screen goes banana when the car gets a bit unsettled by curbs and such.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So that was a decent test. :)

Server is pretty easy to set up and change stuff. It also runs pretty smooth. Looking forward to the release, so we can get all the stuff, because atm its limited what you can "decide" on the server. Would like to see more options. :)

But overall a good test and the game feels pretty good. :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will give it a try tomorrow. I must say i am suprised and bit impressed since last updates. Game feels much better. Oh btw do you know if there is a solution to make the camera more stable ? My screen goes banana when the car gets a bit unsettled by curbs and such.
Don't set dampers and spring to maximum? Don't use metal rods as springs? :p

Aaahhmm never had problems with that, but there is an option in the GFX settings to lock the camera to horizon. It is a percentage setting, so you could try 50% and see if that is more comfortable for you :)
A general note for VR GFX settings (rule of thumb ;-) ):
- use Temporal AA at Epic setting, any other setting than Epic implies a lot of ghosting and aliasing and FXAA makes the picture really 'noisy'
- if you have performance problems in SP or MP, try lower Shadows setting as they are incredible taxing especially for your CPU
- set Mirror Quality to Low and Mirror Resolution to Low/Mid, Mirrors are also really taxing for the CPU
- limit visible cars if you have stutter and performance issues
- disable Advanced Sharpening Filter and Temporal Upscaling in the Advanced settings page
- you can enable an ingame fps counter if you set a variable in one of the json-Files (have to look up which one it was later), this is quite handy to see if your system is stressed to much
- Game runs better for me, when I disable ASW via OTT and set the fps limit to 45-46 ingame, ASW on causes really bad stutter on my side

Happy racing :)

So that was a decent test. :)

Server is pretty easy to set up and change stuff. It also runs pretty smooth. Looking forward to the release, so we can get all the stuff, because atm its limited what you can "decide" on the server. Would like to see more options. :)

But overall a good test and the game feels pretty good. :)
Yeah was a really cool test yesterday and good to see the game running that stable :)
Really good foundation and I'm looking forward what they else they can bring to the table :)

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice test yesterday. Haven't played ACC for a while. I still think that in slow 1st gear corners the cars a bit unpredictable compared to AC. Especially at Monza in chicanes. Really don't feel comfortable as the TC kicks on and the car won't go anywhere :D
But overall, the racing was good, no issues with FPS (only single screen so no issues there and still no proper triple screen support, but I guess my PC is grandad now so my cpu is a bit outdated, but still i5 3570K @4.4GHz

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice test yesterday. Haven't played ACC for a while. I still think that in slow 1st gear corners the cars a bit unpredictable compared to AC. Especially at Monza in chicanes. Really don't feel comfortable as the TC kicks on and the car won't go anywhere :D
But overall, the racing was good, no issues with FPS (only single screen so no issues there and still no proper triple screen support, but I guess my PC is grandad now so my cpu is a bit outdated, but still i5 3570K @4.4GHz
I think they reworked the TC logic in release 0.6 and 0.7 and made it artificially worse to be more like in reallife. Before that I was also running pretty low TC settings and still felt really comfortable around any circuit. With that update I generally went for higher TC rates even in dry conditions, mostly around setting 3-4 and the rear still moves a lot during acceleration :)
But I think that is more a practice thing and after some laps your brain knows what the car is doing :)

Users who are viewing this thread