Assetto Corsa Graphics settings for VR (1 Viewer)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
How do you do that? I started Steam VR, and when I put HMD on Oculus software started on it's own.
Untitled.jpg

it's one of the options in this pulldown menu...

CM will start SteamVR(& possibly Occulus home too) when you first go out to drive. sometimes the occulus dash appears over AC. in that case you need to select AC from the dash with your controller.

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
So i have a question here. Yesterday i vent to try VR HTC Vive at project cars 2 and with proper simulator rig with fanatec HW. I have never tried VR before that and from lots of YTubers i was expecting that i will be blown away. After i put the headset on, it felt like really low resolution. The image felt like 800x600 resolution on full hd monitor. I couldnt read any dials on the cars dashboard, i couldnt really focus on my driving and overall i was really disapointed by that. I tried to set the lenses but i didnt see any improvements, i tried to position the headset better, with no improvement and only after some time i noticed the individual pixel grid, which was my last problem. I expected clear image and this lowres feeling just put me away of buying any VR for the moment.
But the feeling was that i am really sitting in the car so that was excellent. But the low resolution feeling just is not for me. Triple screen is much better for me now.

Is that known fact that you have low resolution? When i saw jimmy broadbands videos with VR, and like he is amazed with the VR quality, i was expecting full hd quality in VR

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Resolution is 1200x1900 (I think something like that is) but you have to have in mind that VR's display is so close to your eyes so you see it's pixelation. Youtube VR videos are mostly 1920x1080 and it is captured on mirror screen aka your monitor so you see picture what it looks like when you watch your monitor.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So i have a question here. Yesterday i vent to try VR HTC Vive at project cars 2 and with proper simulator rig with fanatec HW. I have never tried VR before that and from lots of YTubers i was expecting that i will be blown away. After i put the headset on, it felt like really low resolution. The image felt like 800x600 resolution on full hd monitor. I couldnt read any dials on the cars dashboard, i couldnt really focus on my driving and overall i was really disapointed by that. I tried to set the lenses but i didnt see any improvements, i tried to position the headset better, with no improvement and only after some time i noticed the individual pixel grid, which was my last problem. I expected clear image and this lowres feeling just put me away of buying any VR for the moment.
But the feeling was that i am really sitting in the car so that was excellent. But the low resolution feeling just is not for me. Triple screen is much better for me now.

Is that known fact that you have low resolution? When i saw jimmy broadbands videos with VR, and like he is amazed with the VR quality, i was expecting full hd quality in VR
I'm trying to do a picture with my phone of my VR view with the oculus.
It is definitely not as sharp as a monitor (even as a Full HD monitor) but e.g. i was easily able to read the dash (laptimes/fuel/etc.) in the DTM car without leaning forward or so ;-)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@Exited just get this. :)

Or their "8K" version. :p

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Exited just get this. :)

Or their "8K" version. :p
Do you have a Nvidia 6080Ti for me to run this? :-D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Your 1080Ti should be fine mate. :)

Really impressive FOV it has.
FOV is really the smallest Problem for racing games in VR, if you aren't a sunday convertible driver, because in every racing series you need to wear a helmet which has almost the same FoV :)

Less screen door and more sharpness/more pixels would be much much better :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
FOV is really the smallest Problem for racing games in VR, if you aren't a sunday convertible driver, because in every racing series you need to wear a helmet which has almost the same FoV :)

Less screen door and more sharpness/more pixels would be much much better :)

Try scroll down on this page and see the difference of FOV. :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really tempted by the 5k+ (which is supposed to be better than the 8k). Cool thing is you can set the FOV in 3 sizes which helps with performance. And the biggest FOV has some distortion issues on the outer edges.

Rumor has it that the Rift S will be available or at least presented in 2 weeks!

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really tempted by the 5k+ (which is supposed to be better than the 8k). Cool thing is you can set the FOV in 3 sizes which helps with performance. And the biggest FOV has some distortion issues on the outer edges.

Rumor has it that the Rift S will be available or at least presented in 2 weeks!
Jeeez, maybe new Oculus, new Ryzen CPUs, new SimLab Rig...
Think I have look into Prostitution :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I like a joke as much as the next person but before this escalates, let's leave Exited's jokey suggestion alone from here on in please :)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a picture with my phone of my VR view with the oculus.
It is definitely not as sharp as a monitor (even as a Full HD monitor) but e.g. i was easily able to read the dash (laptimes/fuel/etc.) in the DTM car without leaning forward or so ;-)
I tried it for 1 hour and in Project Cars 2. Shame they did not do AC :( But anyway, even though the image was not as sharp as I thought it would, it was still immersive as hell. I was really thinking Im sitting in the car. the FOV was OK and apart from the lowish resolution feel, it was great.

So my question is, will my system be OK for this? I am looking to Oculus rather than HTC. my Specs are i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz and MSI GTX 1070. The system should cope well and I am not planning to use the VR for online racing, more to just enjoyment when hotlaping and stuff. I have heard AS is the best for VR and I can get well over 60FPS on my triple screen in AC and our online races it is also stable 60 (depending on the track optimalization).

And, do I need to have 1 monitor hooked up aswell? does that stress the PC even more or it works like a "shadow" display?

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If it's for hotlapping, that spec should be fine. I ran an Oculus on a GTX980 (a step down from the 1070) and a 3570K and it was largely fine even in pCARS2 (albeit it would stutter like mad at night with lots of cars around) even though that was almost permanently in re-projection mode. In the brief period I tried AC, performance was as smooth as silk, as you'd expect really.

You will need a monitor. You have to launch AC on the monitor first, then enable VR. There's also no way of remapping the camera re-centering feature, it is hard bound to Ctrl+Spacebar (I think)

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
If it's for hotlapping, that spec should be fine. I ran an Oculus on a GTX980 (a step down from the 1070) and a 3570K and it was largely fine even in pCARS2 (albeit it would stutter like mad at night with lots of cars around) even though that was almost permanently in re-projection mode. In the brief period I tried AC, performance was as smooth as silk, as you'd expect really.

You will need a monitor. You have to launch AC on the monitor first, then enable VR. There's also no way of remapping the camera re-centering feature, it is hard bound to Ctrl+Spacebar (I think)
My triple screen setup at PC2 at night also did wonders :D Reading this thread and the internet I should be fine with normal performance and for hotlapping/maybe online racing with lower number of cars. Maybe I will think about it and some day I will buy it.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
There's also no way of remapping the camera re-centering feature, it is hard bound to Ctrl+Spacebar (I think)

It's in the settings for pc2 and in content manager for ac. It's a must have key bind for vr. I have it on the wheel.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's in the settings for pc2 and in content manager for ac. It's a must have key bind for vr. I have it on the wheel.
I wasn't aware it was possible to remap it in AC, at least not in the vanilla version. pCARS2, yes, it's always been possible as the game was built with VR support from day 1 :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wasn't aware it was possible to remap it in AC, at least not in the vanilla version. pCARS2, yes, it's always been possible as the game was built with VR support from day 1 :)
Just download Joy2Key and map Ctrl+space to a button on your wheel. Works with AC, ACC, probably any other game out there and probably even with pronhub :p

Users who are viewing this thread