All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Bathurst-1000.png

The Bathurst 1000 is staged on the Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. Regarded as the pinnacle of Motorsport in Australia, this is the biggest event on the calendar for the Supercars Series.

Date: 28th September 2019
Time: Saturday 13:00 GMT
Cars: Holden Commodore VF V8 / Ford Falcon FG V8

Race Info
Warmup:
30 minutes
Qualifying: Detached
Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): September 27th, 2019
Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): ?
Layout:
Road
Weather: Static
Sky: Dynamic
Field size: ? Cars
Race length: 1000 km

Other Info
License:
?
Warm-Up: ?
Incident Limit: ?
iRating in effect: Yes
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16

Track Guide:
Bathurst.PNG

Provisional Teams:
@The Wayfaerer
@JuniorJH

Last edited by a moderator:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In. I only own the Ford.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone interested in this beasty event? @Members

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I might run with my own little team, sorry :(
But see you guys on track for sure :)

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't own either car and not sure if I'll be around that weekend :(

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It may be stupid, but I am very tempted to purchase the ford and give this a go. Will update after this evening :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove a few laps in the Ford and holy moly, this combo is definitely one hell of a thrill o_O

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
man, this thing is terrifying. Definitely the largest gap between project cars and iracing versions I've come across. I've achieved 1 lap now where I didn't trash the car. A 2:24. Only about 18secs to find :D.

If anyone has a decent setup for the car so I can trial this on something more sensible that would be amazing - the car feels so skittish under braking

UPDATE: After changing the insane default brake bias my starter for 10 is more like a 2:11. Given I'm using the sequential shifter and getting used to the wheel and pedals, I don't think that's bad for about 15 laps :D. Not sure its enough to consider signing up though just yet.if I can bring it down to something like a 2:08 tomorrow then I might consider a stint...if someone will have me ofc.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well so far this car is beating me. I can't make it more than 3 laps without binning the car. Sadly I'll be watching this one unless it all clicks suddenly.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well so far this car is beating me. I can't make it more than 3 laps without binning the car. Sadly I'll be watching this one unless it all clicks suddenly.
You driving with the default set?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You driving with the default set?
yup, with forward brake bias and a bit softer front. I can't get stable enough to really even look at setup though. I'm really not too focused atm and its super easy to bin the car :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@fab. ICEMAN do you want to team up for this?
I am also willing to drive the ford ^^
I would like to, but cannot give a clear go atm, as RL-weekend plans might shuffle everything around.
But anyway, we have three drivers looking forward to this race, so we should be able to form a team with @UnstopaPaul nevertheless. I wouldn't mind having a three-man team if all of us are ready to drive. :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would like to, but cannot give a clear go atm, as RL-weekend plans might shuffle everything around.
But anyway, we have three drivers looking forward to this race, so we should be able to form a team with @UnstopaPaul nevertheless. I wouldn't mind having a three-man team if all of us are ready to drive. :)
^^bear in mind I raelly can't get round the track properly in this car yet. While I'm interested, there is no way I'm saying yes until I'm sure I'm at least safe. I've made that mistake before, signing up and then having to pull out the day before. Sadly, while I'm definitely getting the hang of the car a little, its not the same as being able to do 50 laps with a low chance of incident.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah i would definitely be fine with doing the race with 3 people, but i would also be up with only 2 driving as long as we get a team running
still have to get the car and do some practice this week, but already saw PDS has a set for the V8 Supercars series race that were this week, so we probably have a good starting point with that

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok sadly I have to pull out now. I'll be away the saturday afternoon so there's no chance I can drive a stint. But @The Wayfaerer, @UnstopaPaul and @JuniorJH , you three can still do this if you feel like driving this event!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think i also have to pull out, as we had no clear confirmation of doing it i haven't bought the car yet, and it looks like i won't have the time needed to practice the next 2 days unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread