Project CARS 2 Black screen (1 Viewer)

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
I am getting black screens. When i am in race online and offline. i normally drive and i get a black screen. I can hear audio sometimes. I can hear the game running and i am able to blindly navigate mysel trought the menus to exit the game. I usually get an error message window so i report it everytime.

I updated graphics card drivers and lowered quality settings in game. And its still an issue.

Please help. This bug ruined lot of my races incluing one here with RSR.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm.... I had once that long time ago... I have update drivers, roll back drivers....... And for me the problem was TeamViewer. Since I turned that off (it was on autostart) it was all good.

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hm.... I had once that long time ago... I have update drivers, roll back drivers....... And for me the problem was TeamViewer. Since I turned that off (it was on autostart) it was all good.
Thats a good advice. That can help many players but not me since i dont use TeamViewer.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Find something that you might have installed in comp that have some kind of virtual graphic driver, and turn it off.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am getting black screens. When i am in race online and offline. i normally drive and i get a black screen. I can hear audio sometimes. I can hear the game running and i am able to blindly navigate mysel trought the menus to exit the game. I usually get an error message window so i report it everytime.

I updated graphics card drivers and lowered quality settings in game. And its still an issue.

Please help. This bug ruined lot of my races incluing one here with RSR.
Can you go to your Documents\Project CARS 2\dbgsession folder and zip the folder with the date and time for the most recent crash. Upload that somewhere and then send me a link via Conversation on the forum (click Inbox at the top right of the forum and then click Start Conversation). I'll take a look and see if there's anything obvious in there. There's no personal info in those dbg files but there is info about your hardware, Windows and drivers, which some people may not want disclosed to the world :)

My bet is the display driver resetting and the #1 common cause for that is overclocking, even on factory overclocked cards. Try setting the GPU to NVidia reference speeds and see if that reduces the number of crashes.

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow. Let's do it tomorrow. I'm really excited.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mine did the same, not just in pcars. It turned out the power supply cable was being bent by my case, I assume some cores in the cables are damaged now. Taking off the case cover and taking strain off the cables remedied my problem. Should get myself a larger case and new psu. This is very specific, there are many potential graphics driver crashers, though power supply is something you can check.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem on my PC too, where in the end, the monitor was to blame, which had some instabilities which caused the GPU driver to crash. No matter how often I reinstalled or wiped the Nvidia driver, the problem would always come back. Until I got a new screen. Since then it is gone.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Similar story for me..
I regularly got "Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered.." errors (could be seen in Windows Event Log) with PC2 freezing (pictures was frozen but I could still hear the sounds in the background). None of the tricks found on the internet worked (regedit,...).
First I bought new PSU, did not solve the issue.
Then I bought new GPU (where I must say the old one was "a little" outdated and out of support so drivers could not be updated anymore) and since then no issues anymore (+ higher FPS & better graphics).

Last edited:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a Black Screen in rFactor2 last night. Luckily it was only a formation lap (and I managed to steer out of the way and not hit a wall even though I couldn't see). Randomly Alt tabbed to something else and back again and my game was back and ran fine all race??

There seems to be a lot of it about just recently....

Onufmi

Community Member
Reaction score
So... My graphics card is probably overclocked from the factory. I set up a clock limit for project cars 2. I am now in the process of testing and it seems to be ok so far.

Thank you all for your experiences. I learned a lot about blacks screens from you recently :D

Users who are viewing this thread