Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Pre Season: Silverstone (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Pre Season: Silverstone
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Next time i'll pay more attention to the event, i didn't even notice the race was 90 mins long before joining ! :eek:

Quali was a distaster as my lack of practice sent me dead last, good thing the race was longer than usual as it gave me more time to learn the track and improve bit by bit. It took me a good 20 minutes to really get the hang of the car at Silverstone, though i was lucky that the rain dropped quickly.

I tried to postpone my pitting as much as possible, using TC and ABS, which proved useful as i managed to gain several places in the process. That late pit also helped me getting the best out of the rain tires, i had one lap or two with the front left getting a bit too hot then it came back to normal.

I wasn't sure about my fuel consumption during the second half of the race so i decided not to rev the car as much as i could, which was a bit of an error as i finished the race with a few laps worth of fuel, which could have cost me the fight against @Havocc but it was good fun anyway ! :D

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yes it is a big deal, thats the result files we get from our server, if it was a normal race we would be f******

I'm pretty sure i noticed in the game race results that Hines was down the order so something there happen: unless there is a bug, i can only assume jetpistol did not lap you before you crossed the line? otherwise wierd bug. Never saw that happen before.

TL:DR: i dont think it's a problem with the extract tool.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The game tells you when it's ideal to take wets.
Something if I'd spent enough (achem...any) time with the game I probably would have known. My own fault for lack of preparation.

As for the Pit Limit penalties, remember that you need to be in 1st gear to engage the limiter and you don't need to touch it again until out of the pit limit zone.
watching my recording ( I do that for reasons like this), I can see that my black box was on the pit screen with the limiter selected (no idea why the default seemed to be to select the limiter). When I used my D-pad to try and swtich from pit strategy to relative box, it probably turned the limiter off early.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
watching my recording ( I do that for reasons like this), I can see that my black box was on the pit screen with the limiter selected (no idea why the default seemed to be to select the limiter). When I used my D-pad to try and swtich from pit strategy to relative box, it probably turned the limiter off early.

Could be as engage the pit limitero option is the pit strategy first option which i dont think makes any sense and i've heard lots of people having problems with that, it happened to me once but luckily i've spotted it in time and i was very slow anyway.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Something if I'd spent enough (achem...any) time with the game I probably would have known. My own fault for lack of preparation.

Pit limiter is also disengaged by shifting to 2nd gear
@Ricardo Macieira replay link isn't working

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
okay, will check when im home

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Ricardo Macieira

I'm really confused, it says I finished P15, but absolutely convinced I finished ahead of @MelBonkers in P5. Weird. @JetPistol lapped me just before the finish which meant I should have been finished, but the game didn't give me a flag so I kept going for another lap.

Yeah, 100% sure @hinesy32 finished in front of me. That's weird that he doesn't show as P5 in the results

And about the extra lap: I even followed @hinesy32 around that lap and we both stopped after we crossed the S/F line again. I was even confused as we were still racing that last lap, while I thought we already finished the lap before when @JetPistol lapped us. Weird.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
cant understand if results are wrong or not.
my position is correct and same for Darksi i remember he was p17

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Post Race Penalty?
dont see any penalty for his car and no post race penalties for anyone
Screenshot_1.png

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well what a race. Qualified 16 o_O do ok for a couple of laps then it started, skirmish with some cars and then drop back to 19, managed to stay with the pack a bit for a while, tires are at 32+?? Then a few drops rain oh dear, as it came down my tires got colder and colder slipping and sliding and losing pace, then I hear "COLD TIRES STAY OF THE CURBS". :eek: Ok 1st Pit Lap 11 lets have wets. After 3 laps they are yellow?? Ok 2nd Pit Lap 14 back to slicks, no that didn't work. 3rd Pit Lap 19 back 2 wets adjusting Tyre pressure that's a bit better until a big off back to Pits Lap 27 in Last Place by this time. Did much better with staying on track and was able to keep a bit of a consistent pace.

So with all the pits and off's yes i did finish in 18th Place 2 down on my start position and a few laps down. "Hey I Finished" ;) things can only get better from here!! Points to note got to work on sorting out Tyre Pressures etc before the race. Well done to the podium finishers. Thanks Admins for arranging the race.

Users who are viewing this thread