Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - R2: Zolder (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - R2: Zolder
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 18:30
Until: Saturday, July 13, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Round 2 - Zolder.png

Car: GT3
Track: Zolder
Setup: Open

Date: Sunday, 14th July
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 10 minutes (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
19:00 UTC - Race - 60 Minutes

General
Orange Zone: Not in effect
Time Acceleration: 4x
Weather Randomness: 0 (Static weather, no chance of rain)

Event SessionsIn Game TimeStarting Weather
Practice: 60 minsSaturday, 20:00 pmClear
Qualifying: 15 minsSunday, 1:00 amClear
Race: 60 mins (Includes formation lap)Sunday, 20:00 pmClear

Starting Procedure: Manual Rolling Start. The pole driver will lead the field through the game's formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation on the command of the race director, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Server Info
Name:
RSR Blancpain Challenge
Password: rsr2019

Special Track Limits:
The second chicane is open to what the game cut detection allows. This is roughly 2 wheels within the red & white kerbing. Everywhere else is 2 wheels in the white lines as usual.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

1. @hinesy32
  2. @eagle (Round 4 only)
  3. @Vernux
  4. @Jonno
  5. @Jomba
  6. @JetPistol
  7. @xImJakeyy (Rounds 1 & 3 only)
  8. @deadmeat2k (Rounds 1 & 4 only)

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rip Frame rates.
Down at 45 fps in SP practice mode with only my car on the track :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@hinesy32 @Jonno @Jomba @JetPistol You each have a spot, if you can make it?
Post automatically merged:

This should be an interesting one, the temp will drop early on in the race as the sun goes down, so finding the best starting tyre pressure will be key I think.

Unfortunately not :( I am in Denmark on a secret mission.....

I will be around for the last 2 rounds

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man I really start to like this game very much. Such a lovely drive!

Question regarding the second chicane, the game lets you use all of the curbing. Will we do it like the pc2 race -> two wheels on the red curb, basically staying clear of the sausages? Track limits in the first chicane are no problem because the curbs are deadly there.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not that I am racing, but was in the 1.33's in the McLaren. The first chicane kerb is very tricky. Either big turns to stay smooth, or ride the kerbs and risk losing control.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
No practice for me yet :D but looking forward to night racing.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Question regarding the second chicane, the game lets you use all of the curbing. Will we do it like the pc2 race -> two wheels on the red curb, basically staying clear of the sausages? Track limits in the first chicane are no problem because the curbs are deadly there.
I don't want to say yes or no right now, would like to see it in game again to define it with some images so we're all clear. I'll take a look tonight. As for the first chicane...
The first chicane kerb is very tricky. Either big turns to stay smooth, or ride the kerbs and risk losing control.
...or punctures ;) After 15 mins of hitting them hard (on purpose) I punctured 2 of my tyres! Crashing around on them actually slows you down too. So stick to the usual track limits rules there, or beware!

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I don't want to say yes or no right now, would like to see it in game again to define it with some images so we're all clear. I'll take a look tonight. As for the first chicane...

...or punctures ;) After 15 mins of hitting them hard (on purpose) I punctured 2 of my tyres! Crashing around on them actually slows you down too. So stick to the usual track limits rules there, or beware!
I was about to ask about that and my proposition is to open this section up completely, so just what the game allows, all the way up to the cones:

that way it is the easiest for everyone to determine if it's acceptable or not. The game won't complain, everyone will be able to take it as fast and as convinient as they want. In addition Blancpain allows it irl too :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree, I mean just look at the rubber in the curbs! The sausages should deny the most aggressive of cuts, and if we have a mix of people cutting and not cutting it could get messy. But we'll make an 'official' call later tonight.
It's mainly about qualy anyway. I mean, I'm not dumb, I know those sausage kerbs will get you a puncture sooner or later in the race, but in qualy there's no time for the tires to slow puncture :D

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
@hinesy32 @Jonno @Jomba @JetPistol You each have a spot, if you can make it?
Post automatically merged:

This should be an interesting one, the temp will drop early on in the race as the sun goes down, so finding the best starting tyre pressure will be key I think.

I'm alone with my daughter until monday, so if I can get her to bed before the race, I'll join TS and see if there is space left. But usually she goes to bed a bit later, so more no than yes from me.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Zolder in these GT3s is so much fun, really like it. Only problem is that overtaking is almost impossible on that track :p
Man that Lexus at the aggressive preset is such a sharp knife, again really looking forward to Sunday :) will be awesome going into the night ;-)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score

I pretty much feel the same. I now have the VR performance/quality at the rate where it's smooth(ish) and decent looking.

The game delivers for me - i can click that quick join and I know that in a couple of minutes I'll be in decent race. Driving standards in public lobbies are decent. You'll get a divebomb here and there, but with some more care it's managable. just don't go side by side with strangers. :)
The small track count is actually an advantage, because people have better track knowledge overall and therefore racing is better.
I have built my safety rating over 70. Haven't tried competition servers yet, but i expect similar experience, just a notch or two higher. looking forward to trying them out, will report back.

Special events are good too, nicely selected, nicely timed (i think they last for a month).

Cars feel great, each one has a slightly different flavour, and throwing them through corners is a joy. (Except porsche - i hate this car in every sim :)).

Not all is positive of course. Race start is broken completely. It's basically green lights after the timer reaches zero. A proper standing start would be better for public lobbies (but that's aginst BP lincense i guess).
Haven't played much SP, but AI seems decent, they just brake too early.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rookie car...
Says the "my car is soo big and fat, it doesn't even know the phrase 'getting nervous over kerbs' " Bentley fucker :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will be also around! Havent tested Zolder yet in ACC but I am inclined to say we should go with the ingame tracklimits.

Will talk with the team :)

Users who are viewing this thread