Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - R2: Zolder (2 Viewers)

Blancpain Challenge - R2: Zolder
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 18:30
Until: Saturday, July 13, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
OMG....

That was pure insane.

Tyres were soooo hard to get temp in to and with each hard curb they would loose pressure.

Q - P11, Just pipped @Noztra on the last lap to get that one extra place on the grid and I think this was my best qualifying position of all time.

R - P8, Wow - my absolute best finishing position of all time :D:smug::smug:. The start was much better, I am so glad ACC fixed this. Overall my race was quiet, took damage 1/3 in to the race from a spinning car and from there I was loosing 1 second a lap but kept calm and carried on.
@Nada was gaining on me all the time and I was obsessed with how far they were behind me :). Managed to keep him back far enough so I didn't panic.

Great race all and I will see you for the next one.:)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I apologize to one of the leaders , my right rear wheel exploded and I lost control. I guess it shouldn't be.

I think it should not be a mitigating circumstance and in any case should be punished

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I apologize to one of the leaders , my right rear wheel exploded and I lost control. I guess it shouldn't be.

I think it should not be a mitigating circumstance and in any case should be punished

That is just crazy bad luck!

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very unfortunate that happened. Never seen it so i am taking notes. You can see in the tyre display his rear right is gone and front left is lifted and cooling down.

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not the first time this happened to me :( This is so badly made, ah well next time I’ll safe it twice.
It's still like this? :dead: There's a dedicated thread in the ACC forums where people asked KS to rework it. As it is by now, it's...

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well then prob it will be changed :)

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I remember endorsing the swap of the save/load dialogue many weeks ago.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score

GOT AN INSTANT REAR LEFT PUNCTURE THROUGH MINOR CONTACT

• Sad
Reactions: Tom

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, that went from hero to zero I'm affraid :)

Somehow I put the car on pole. On pole. ON POLE? WTF? really? I haven't felt that nervous after putting the lap in and actually mantaining that 0,1s gap to @Puffpirat .

Also was quite nervous about he formation start but it went well. @Puffpirat and @Jeff[NL] were right behind me. @Puffpirat was very very close until he spinned in the T3 I think by clipping the inside kerb. Then I had @Jeff[NL] following me. After some laps I went over the kerb in 1st chicane too much which sended me into the grass on the exit, so I lost to @Jeff[NL] . @Exited was 1s behind and i tried to close on to @Jeff[NL] . then, he did the same mistake as I did before so we exchanged the place again, but @Jeff[NL] dropped behind @Exited . Half the race behind us and I see @Eugene Gajkin jumping across the 1st chicane and keeping the car on the right to let us by, but I guess due to his puncture he spun and went accross the track. I don't have my replay saved (even though I have set it in the menu) so I am not sure if I could avoid that. I remember I opted for trying to squeeze in the closing gap but we collided. I didn't loose the place but my car was damaged os I let @Exited and @Jeff[NL] to get on with their race for win. I went into the pits.
I scrolled down in the pit strategy menu and I thought of changing the tyres aswell. I pressed the confirm button on my wheel but the chat window opened. I wanted to quit the chat window so I pressed the back button on my wheel. But that didn't work and i have pit limitter mapped to that button, so I sped in the pitlane:banghead:. I stopped at my place, chat window still opened. I repaired my car and went out of the pits.I got Stop@Go penalty. I also spun into T3, then went into the pits. But I misread the penalty and I thought I had DT o_O. So the penalty was still in place, I spun again in T3, went into the pits, stopped at my place, served the 30sec stop@go, went out of the pits and finally I was penalty free, at 11th, 3 laps down :D

So I decided to murder the track limits in the 2nd chicane and tried to go for some fastest lap, but I got DT from race control or track limits after taking that chicane maybe too much. No warnings before which is odd, so I served proper DT and then finished the race.

About he punctures, I tried to puncture my tyres before in this game by turning the ABS and testing the flatspots and I basicly destroyed both fronts so I was driving on the rims, in tyre app the readings went black as @Eugene Gajkin rear tyre did. It also goes wit ha big bang :D

Also to @Eugene Gajkin , don't worry about that. It wasn't your fault as it was just a bad luck for you and me. Maybe I should see that coming as I remember seeing you spin so I should brake and not go for it. It is a shame for me but this is how it is. I watched a bit of your video, are you driving on keyboard or controller? If yes, then oh my god :D

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race, in the end I was happy that it was over. After last week, a disappointing night for me again, but the first 30mins made up for it as it was super tight at the front :)

Made the mistake and started with too less tire pressure at both right tyres. At the beginning I was able to keep them at 26,5 psi and normale temperatures, but as it began to get dark my pressures dropped to 26psi and lower. Pressures were so low that I lost more and more pressure at the entry of the 2nd chicane (probably on the sausage kerbs) and in the last corner. Tried to setup the pit menu during driving to prevent a puncture, but then I see that I have to activate that 'change tires' checkbox. Thought I need to press enter for that, but nothing happened besides that the chatbox opened up. Waited for the chatbox to close again, after a couple of seconds it did, but then my pit menu was fucked. Tried to navigate again with the d-pad keys but nothing happened, accidentally pressed the 'arrow up' button which is also my ignition switch button and my engine turned off...
Took me about 30 seconds to get it running again, just to loose so much pressure in the right front that I started my 2nd last lap with 20 psi left... Of course my tire exploded on the back straight while I was still in P2 :-(
Went to the pits and changed that tire and finished in P7, FML again!

Still the first 30mins were amazing, battling with @Mazy CZ and @Jeff[NL] , everybody making small mistakes, loosing positions and then gaining again was super good fun! Also it was an amazing atmosphere going into the night, follow the Porsche and seeing the exhaust glowing and sparks flying over the kerbs :)

Really looking forward to the next two races as this game is already a fantastic gem imo. Sure there are issues with the setup save/load function and UI in general, but racing, the feeling, the atmosphere, the sounds and the visuals are just great :)

Cheers,
Exited

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race indeed :)
Started in P5, and I think if noone would make any mistakes or have bad luck, I would've kept that position as I couldn't get much more from my car in race pace, I was pretty dissapointed with that as I counted on doing sub 30's.
The start was okay for me, pretty clean but really tight, once again I got a lightning start but there's no space on Zolder to repeat the move from Monza, so I opted to stay out and play safe. I gained one position to @Exited but soon enough he got it back from me as he was simply faster. I tried to fight back but thinking about it I think there was little point in doing that. Sorry about the divebomb into the 2nd chicane, I didn't mean to go as wide :confused:
Then my job was to escape from @The Wayfaerer who had equal pace to me, it was pretty intense ngl, the pressure not to make a mistake and pull a safe gap.
And that's pretty much my race, I had to drive safely to the end without a puncture or any problems and that's how I got myself into P2. Shame about all the bad luck everyone had, I'd much prefer to get that P2 by pure pace rather than luck. But I'm still happy with the result! :D
Onto the rainy Nurb.

On a side note, I really love the game and I want to go full time on it. Maybe pro some day, who knows :p

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man.... i was looking for my lucky clover all month since i lost it long time ago. Still havent found it tho but it seems i still was lucky this race so i am not disappointed. Yet i would prefer a race with cars around me till the end it was so unfortenate that @Mazy CZ was taken out by bad luck and @Exited was done with racing after 35min by a mistake.

Cannot add any more then what already has been said. Game need some little tweaks but i think its already pretty great. We just need to make miles/ km's so we learn more and understand what everything means etc so this is great practice.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Before I forget...

Please please please @Battenberg @Noztra raise the wait time between qualy and race to at least 3min. 1min is really really short, when you wanna have a drink before 1h of racing and loading up your race setup. So please, if possible, increase that time :)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Mazy CZ, I drive a G27, what's nerve taxiing?

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I dont think the Porsche is very suited to drive with a G27. The limits of the car are very thin and a G27 isnt able to give proper FFB imo

Users who are viewing this thread