Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - R4: 2.4 Hours of Spa (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - R4: 2.4 Hours of Spa
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competitizione
Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 17:30
Until: Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 20:30
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm an idiot ruined my race at the pit stop , first received a penalty of 30 seconds, and after serving a penalty for speeding disqualified.

Such a shame :( The pit limiter only works in 1st gear by the way, it looks like you creeped over it on the way to your pit box when taking your penalty.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results and final standings are up, congrats to @Morvic for snatching the championship with a great drive!

My race started well, but gave @Nada the slightest touch at les Combes (sorry again, my nose was a bit longer than anticipated). I got carried away in the battles early on (great stuff @steveg200, @Nada, @cheekymunkey78, @hinesy32) and used too much fuel to do a 1 stop, so I committed to a 2 stop and changed tyre pressures for the night. I messed up my values for my second stop as the sun came up, and fell away from those I was battling. A few mistakes along the way lost my motivation to fight, so I used the final hour as a test session to try out some things with pitstops and car settings. I was surprised to find that having both the TC and ABS set to 1 was actually not bad at all, and was able to put in some quick times once I adjusted to it. I could get by without ABS, but definitely not TC! I looped it a few times coming out of the bus stop and la Source, it's almost like the car was designed to lean on the assists...

Even if my results didn't show it, I really enjoyed this mini league. My pace was pretty good all season, but my consistency and hiccups with tyre pressures & pitstops cost me in the long run. I really enjoyed getting my teeth sunk into this new game, and embraced the lack of information overload that we've gotten used to with other games. The lack of detailed info on everything and 'just deal with it' approach this game has got has been refreshing for me, even if the initial learning curve of this game's quirks was pretty steep.

Thanks everyone who took part. The numbers were disappointing after round 2, but the driving was great!

Last edited:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I may aswell do a race report too :)

I wasn't satisfied at all with my qualifying, although results may not show it as Imanaged to get P2. From the very short practice I did before, the car felt much different, very slippery, oversteery and it overall was a weird experience. Felt like I had at least half a second of potential in the car, but I couldn't extract it at all.
Race start, again, a rocket start, I think that's the Aston having very good acceleration off this speed. That didn't help much as I didn't really get much speed out of Radillion and @Exited got past me immideatly. If not the personal pit stop I probably wouldn't see you again in the race!
From then it was cruising pretty much. I always stayed out on dries because it didn't rain long enough for it to be that bad. It also payed off because it always went to clear few minutes after :D Night time was fun with 22 psi all around but I somehow coped with it and finished with a 1 stopper.

Also want to leave some few side notes, just free thoughts.
I really loved driving the Aston, not quite an underdog car I'd say as it clearly has pace in it, but a very unpopular choice, which makes matching top drivers here feel very special. If there will be any more events on this game here, I'll have a big dillemma whether to keep the ol' V12 or switch to something as unconventional as this beast :D
I also must say this game is probably my favourite in simracing right now. Imo, it's simply the best for racing atm, with the physics, car variety, weather, track accuracy, actually working multiplayer (wow :D). I also really love the aspect that @Battenberg mentioned, more like "deal with it" other than test 500 hours and be pixel perfect on every corner like in other simracing titles. I wish we could have more games like this and that's why I'm really sad we're not continuing leagues.

Anyway, thanks for the great season, had been real fun, shame it was so short but still, thanks!

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratz @Morvic ! Good move by hacking my internet ,suddenly everything is working fine now hmmmmmm :pompous: :p

I have enjoyed this mini season thanks for organisation !! Hope we can do a full season soon :woot:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh come on, you weren't supposed to say that out in public!
Well if you just payed what we discussed then it woudnt happen.

Users who are viewing this thread