Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - R4: 2.4 Hours of Spa (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - R4: 2.4 Hours of Spa
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competitizione
Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 17:30
Until: Sunday, July 28, 2019 - 20:30
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Round 4 - Spa(10pm).png

Car: GT3
Track: Spa
Setup: Open

Date: Sunday, 28th July
16:30 UTC - Optional Practice
17:30 UTC - Driver Briefing - 10 minutes (Mandatory)
17:40 UTC - Qualifying - 15 minutes
18:00 UTC - Race - 144 Minutes (+ Formation Lap)

General
Orange Zone: Not in effect
Time Acceleration: 10x
Weather Randomness: 3 (Realistic chance of rain)

Event SessionsIn Game TimeWeather
Practice: 60 minsFriday, 12:00 pmRandom
Qualifying: 15 minsSaturday, 09:00 amRandom
Race: 144 minsSaturday, 12:00 pmRandom

Starting Procedure: Manual Rolling Start. The pole driver will lead the field through the game's formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation on the command of the race director, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Server Info
Name:
RSR Blancpain Challenge
Password: rsr2019

Please Notice

Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

1. @hinesy32
  2. @eagle (Round 4 only)
  3. @Vernux (Rounds 1 & 4 only)
  4. @Jomba
  5. @JetPistol
  6. @xImJakeyy (Rounds 1 & 3 only)
  7. @deadmeat2k (Rounds 1 & 4 only)

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here we go! Some notes for this one:
  • All current reserves (except Jakey, who can't attend) automatically have a spot. Any new sign ups will move to the bottom reserve list.
  • Briefing starts an hour before the previous rounds, to accommodate for the longer race duration.
  • Due to the way the game handles setting up dynamic weather (or rather the lack of setting it up), there is no firm weather forecast. There may be rain at some point, or there may not be. All we know is it should be fairly realistic (not a monsoon/clear cycle every 10 mins). We will all find out together in the race, so do some laps in the wet to get your eye in.
  • On the note of weather, it will progress at 10x time acceleration. But unlike pCars 2, the track condition development is always in real time. So if there is a brief heavy shower, the surface water will clear at a normal rate, not at 10x.
  • If a session starts with rain, the track will already be fully wet. Our issue with qualy at the previous round seems to only be the case when using static weather, so we'll start qualifying immediately no matter the weather.
    • But just in case it the weather gods decide to change the weather during the Qualifying session, I have set this session to be only 1x time progression, so any sudden changes now span 10 mins, not 1.
  • The green flag will fly on the start line after La Source, so like it is in the real Spa 24.

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Will be interesting. night/day is given, tyre behaviour you can test but when it rains, when do you go to the pits :) looking forward to this one. Too much variables to practice so I will just jump in and so some laps in different conditions and only set the tyre pressures to those weather conditions :D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will we start at the normal start finish line or like in reallife down to Eau Rouge?

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Never did a race in ACC on Spa, but the start finish line for your laps in the normal 'F1' line. So I think that we are gonna starting before La Source ingame.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is going to ruin me. But in a good way.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Never did a race in ACC on Spa, but the start finish line for your laps in the normal 'F1' line. So I think that we are gonna starting before La Source ingame.
If I remember correctly the ingame start was after la source and before Eau Rogue. At least that was on the official public servers before the manual rolling start was implemented.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Last edited:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, that puddle in Heavy Rain ahead of Fagnes :dead::dead:
I just can advice to everyone to atleast do a couple of practice laps in the rain in the night, it can be deadly when you dont know where the puddles form up :D

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
And in the end there will be no rain, everyone will spread out and you will drive alone for 2,5 hours and it will be boring race ever ( i hope not) ;);)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay, but the server is now online :) It's a 144 min practice session on a loop, with the same time and weather settings as the race. So depending on when you join, it could be day, night, wet, damp, dry... who knows?

Also, I've added a few more notes that'll come up in the briefing:
Here we go! Some notes for this one:
  • All current reserves (except Jakey, who can't attend) automatically have a spot. Any new sign ups will move to the bottom reserve list.
  • Briefing starts an hour before the previous rounds, to accommodate for the longer race duration.
  • Due to the way the game handles setting up dynamic weather (or rather the lack of setting it up), there is no firm weather forecast. There may be rain at some point, or there may not be. All we know is it should be fairly realistic (not a monsoon/clear cycle every 10 mins). We will all find out together in the race, so do some laps in the wet to get your eye in.
  • On the note of weather, it will progress at 10x time acceleration. But unlike pCars 2, the track condition development is always in real time. So if there is a brief heavy shower, the surface water will clear at a normal rate, not at 10x.
  • If a session starts with rain, the track will already be fully wet. Our issue with qualy at the previous round seems to only be the case when using static weather, so we'll start qualifying immediately no matter the weather.
    • But just in case it the weather gods decide to change the weather during the Qualifying session, I have set this session to be only 1x time progression, so any sudden changes now span 10 mins, not 1.
  • The green flag will fly on the start line after La Source, so like it is in the real Spa 24.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Man.... Since this week I have a unstable internet connection. I think it's not a problem at my house so I just hope that it's sorted tomorrow. If I am lagging tomorrow please let me know then I think i need to abort the race :(

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Was on the server today, wet track but sun was out but it was already 7pm in game time. It got dark, start raining very heavy, I was doing 360s all the time, so hard to judge and preety much realistic. it was quick downpoor and after that the track waws wet but boy those puddles, after Radillion, after Pouhon, it will be really interesting and you can't prepare for every scenario.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reminder: The Driver Briefing will start an hour earlier than normal (2 hours from this post), to accommodate for the longer race. See you there!

@t0daY @Nada @Corentin_Bergès @Ricardo Macieira @The Wayfaerer @Noztra @Battenberg @cheekymunkey78 @Jeff[NL] @Mazy CZ @steveg200 @popzz @Elodyr @EVR Morvic @Havocc @Dangerous Gianetta @Exited @Sonic @Daz Oz @Rargon @Mr AlcoN @Eugene Gajkin @Red_Fox @miagi @hinesy32 (Reserve) @eagle (Reserve) @Vernux (Reserve) @Jomba (Reserve) @JetPistol (Reserve) @deadmeat2k (Reserve)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was on the server today, wet track but sun was out but it was already 7pm in game time. It got dark, start raining very heavy, I was doing 360s all the time, so hard to judge and preety much realistic. it was quick downpoor and after that the track waws wet but boy those puddles, after Radillion, after Pouhon, it will be really interesting and you can't prepare for every scenario.
Sounds like you are talking about reality :p
Really really really looking forward to this one :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it possible to pit without changing tires? I was trying to test that in practice mode and couldn't even see what the pit crew was doing, it just refueled and changed tires, couldn't see any option to just refuel?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly im gonna miss this one aswell

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i am so mad right now....first i have a house owners meeting during the F1 race and someone tells me the results without me wanting to know it. Second i cant race tonight because of internet issues they still havent fixed since last thuesday :mad::mad:

I was so looking forward to this endurance race but my connection is not stable at all.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
shame but you stillhave thechampionship:D

Users who are viewing this thread