Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 0: Monza (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 0: Monza
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Total destructive comment which does not help at all. One bad race means RSR turned into wreckfest? Seriously?

Thumbs down for the track selection? Forgot we are hosting leagues only for you and not for everyone, totally my bad.

Have fun go back to the CP races including the cheating problematic.

Not impressed at all.

We have 7 dedicated Stewards in place, if something happens during any race at RSR, use the stewards room. We dont have a dedicated section for stewarding just for the looks...

Making a rant at the race thread wont improve the standards at all! Talk to the people, show them their "mistake", let them learn and improve what they did wrong. Same applies to @falcon2081.

Nobody is perfect, we are no professionals here, we are here for the fun and the sake of racing.

But obviously its much easier to just make a rant instead of helping in a pro-active manner...
We have a completely different view on a rant @t0daY Second, you don’t know if I talked to people or not. Third, if we are talking about fair and constructive communication I suggest you read you own post back on how you approach people who express their thoughts.
Post automatically merged:

i think it was me... i was on my hot lap but was a bit aggressive at lesmo2 and lost the rear, tried to hold the car in straight but i spun, sorry for the hit
That was a bit to optimistic ;)

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
We have a completely different view on a rant @t0daY Second, you don’t know if I talked to people or not. Third, if we are talking about fair and constructive communication I suggest you read you own post back on how you approach people who express their thoughts.
Post automatically merged:

That was a bit to optimistic ;)
yep , maybe bit cold tires and too much throttle but nothing intentional

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lets be happy Monza was pre season. I'm rather disappointed with myself, rear ended two cars, dive bombed another. I guess we all realized now a bit more care is in order. Not everyone brakes at the same spots, cars have different characteristics, we have 40 drivers from at least 3 communities. Probably better we started with the worst track to speed up the process of grinding together.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not everyone brakes at the same spots, cars have different characteristics.

This is quite relevant actually: disregarding different driver habilities and different tyre/fuel/car condition, in this game from what i've been experiencing, the cars have very different breaking performances, and this gets particularly noticable on a track such as Monza with big breaking zones.

The car you have driven in specific, the Porsche 2019, is probably the best breaking car in the game: allied with your inherent driving skill to be able to break as late as you can, it makes this scenarios be more prevalent.
--
Anyway. From my POV i didn't have any huge problems the whole race, sure i saw some not so good etiquette on quali and specially some cars i was lapping weren't very helpful, altough i think it's much harder to be lapped than lap someone, so in that regards even if i think the backmarker could do better, I understand it's no easy task so, patience is the name of the game.

We are only humans, so we make mistakes and we vent our frustrations in the heat of the moment: even professional drivers do those 2 both all the time!
However...humans also are able to perform self-critique, and perhaps before going guns blazing pointing fingers, maybe think 'what could have i done better?'. Humans are also able to enforce restrain on themselfs to avoid unecessary and unproductive heated arguments.
I understand it's not easy, and probably all gamers suffer at least a bit from the Dunning-Kruger effect , but, i think with enough effort, we can do it :).

The next race is in Zolder a track, that is very hard to overtake, racing is usually very close, breaking is super heavy, there are plenty of chicanes to mess up, so it is quite important for people to focus on the racing rather than on arguing :D.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Total destructive comment which does not help at all. One bad race means RSR turned into wreckfest? Seriously?
While I agree with you on the destructivity of the comment, I hate to admit that this isn't the first race this is happening.

My race was quite clean, I think on the first lap there could've been a misunderstanding - an Audi (in P5 I think) hit me in the rear and flashed me afterwards; to make it clear, I think either of us could've lagged since I didn't brake there, for me it looked like you rubberbanded into me. No blaming or anything, just pointing out that I didn't do anything there (neither did you of course).

Overall kind of happy with my result, I could've gotten a podium but I did some mistakes that made me stay in P4 in the end. I actually like my car choice for this season, something more unique than a Porsche for a change. Looking forward to the season!

Oh, one more thing - since it's nothing worth reporting to the stewards I'll just point it out here. Back markers, please be more aware of cars that are lapping you, I had a few times where I lost half a second or more because you positioned your car in a bad way. Not pointing fingers, it's more like a general message about blue flags. Thanks!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
While I agree with you on the destructivity of the comment, I hate to admit that this isn't the first race this is happening.
All good morvic. Never stated RSR is the golden apple of simracing. But without taking stuff to the Stewards nothing will improve for the future.

By stating it in the race thread, you just getting annoyed staff members (me included) and nothing more.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a semi-neutral by-stander, I want to put my Chicken Moderator hat on and add my tuppence to the discussion re. some of last night's driving and some of the fallout from it. I know things have moved on a little since I started drafting this, but the general points still stand.

Irrespective of whether or not there was bad driving in the race last night, the only way any driver here can improve is by having their faults, when they make them, pointed out to them. As some have already pointed out, we are all human here, we all make mistakes and we all need to know how to learn from them. To that end, we thought it was clear that our members should try and discuss matters privately, in TeamSpeak after the race, with the other drivers involved, to talk about what happened and how it might best be avoided in future. If those discussions prove fruitless then you raise a Steward Case - and to be clear, if a Steward is themselves involved in an incident then they always recluse themselves from the case.

"Sounding off" on the forum, without having tried to discuss your problems privately, just results in the staff being made to feel miserable and frustrated - we cannot but take things personally when we are putting the races on for all of you - whilst some members are left to wonder if the post is aimed at them .... "what did I do wrong, is that aimed at me, I'm sure it was just the briefest of nudges with no harm done?". If you don't want to discuss the matter with the other drivers privately or you don't want to raise a steward case for whatever reason, then please try and keep your anger off the forum. If you're simply unsure how to go about raising a steward's case, or need some help with providing the evidence, message @Jamesl91 (Head Steward) or use the 'Contact Us' widget and we'll help you out.

So that this doesn't end on a sour note, I want to highlight a positive. As has been mentioned time and again, we have generally fostered a friendly community here across the board, which can continue if we all work together to make the racing as much fun as possible for everyone. We're never going to have flawless races and we're never going to please all of you all of the time, but we do our damned best to try and do so and we want to continue doing so. We're all here to enjoy racing, first and foremost, so let's work together to achieve that :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a few times where I lost half a second or more

Driver lapping other drivers are not entitled to get by without losing time. Some circuits it can be difficult to judge distances, and often you are approaching drivers fighting for position. It is the responsibility of both drivers to ensure a clean and respectful pass. I was in both situations last night and in one case, I lost a couple of seconds to the driver behind chasing me, as I had to find the best way for the lapping driver to pass me. That is part of racing, sometimes you gain and sometimes you lose.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Driver lapping other drivers are not entitled to get by without losing time. Some circuits it can be difficult to judge distances, and often you are approaching drivers fighting for position. It is the responsibility of both drivers to ensure a clean and respectful pass. I was in both situations last night and in one case, I lost a couple of seconds to the driver behind chasing me, as I had to find the best way for the lapping driver to pass me. That is part of racing, sometimes you gain and sometimes you lose.
Of course, but I'm reffering to cases where both drivers lose time mainly due to the back marker placing his car poorly due to his poor track awareness - this is what I'm mainly pointing out :) I'm not mad at someone if they have no choice, but there were a few cases that race where I could clearly see people having opportunities to make it cleaner and faster for both sides, and yet they didn't use it.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone has full replay? Mine's missing first 10 minutes of race

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone has full replay? Mine's missing first 10 minutes of race

Yeah, since there is a limit of 1h15 max, you need to manually save at some point in the race. My shortcut is Alt+R. Will see tomorrow how to share it with you, unless someone else does so in the meantime.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

With the method mentioned about saving the replay midway through the race, does the reply get compounded in the same file, even if the race takes longer than the 1h15m minutes?

Thanks.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
With the method mentioned about saving the replay midway through the race, does the reply get compounded in the same file, even if the race takes longer than the 1h15m minutes?

Thanks.
Nope, this replay is missing final laps, i think some tweaking in the ini files should solve the problem

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY @Cluck @Battenberg I meant no dis-respect by my comments nor I didn't want them to be destructive in anyway it was more a frustration comment on the incident which I didn't really save the replay anyways. I'll keep it that in mind next time and try to ensure I use the Stewards for any racing incidents. :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Too late falcon old chap, we've already marked your account for deletion :p

:chicken:

(for the avoidance of any doubt, I am of course joking and I'm sure falcon knows that all too well :) )

Users who are viewing this thread