Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 0: Monza (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 0: Monza
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@BlancpainChallenge3 The race server is now running (details in OP), with a practice session (with frozen qualifying conditions) running until the driver briefing at 18:00 UTC / 14:00 EDT.

Please let us know if the game is demanding you join in a car you are not using for the season. This is a simple fix, but it requires a server reset. Those who have not declared have a free choice for this pre-season round. See you all soon!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Do we start qulify on green track?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was a waste of time. Not going to name names but there was no reason to pinch me going through Curva Grande Lap 1 when I was clearly right there with you. Shame to take us both out. :confused:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not a quitter, but this was a complete waste of time. Looks like RSR has turned into Wreckfest. Also, big thumbs down to whoever picked Monza.

Hopefully other tracks will be better, but right now I'm pretty angry and am seriously thinking whether to race in this league at all, because frankly competition servers offer much higher standard of racing.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If this is the level of what driving will be during the serie then I'm not realy looking forward to it. People hitting others but refuse to wait. People overtaking like crazy during the outlap of qualifying and just destroy a good position for others. We have driving standards for a reason, read them because clearly there are a few out there who din't.

Maybe its time to go back to the evaluation races before someone can join?

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hit the brakes at the 150 braking marker by mistake at parabolica instead of 100 and got hit by madsen, got a 3.5 mini pit and my race was over

Fazerman

Community Member
Reaction score
First of all my apologies to leading Thieffry. I was ready to let him by, when i was spun into second Lesmos and took him out. :( Totally my fault.

• Friendly
Reactions: Def

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it tonight. Had a good and consistent race and was battling around 10-12 from starting 23rd until i went airborne at ascari with 25 minutes to go:oops: i had to pit again and lost a lap still came home in 21 place. Looking very much forward to Zolder.

• Winner
Reactions: Def

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
My internet died right between Qualy and Race :(
A few minutes later I could connect again but you all were aleady on the parade lap and I had to wait in the pits and start from the pitlane. Worse than starting from P40 additionally I started 1 lap behind everybody :dead:

I had to lap back myself position after position and ended up in P23. The race itself was pretty good and I am looking forward to the next one :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hate Monza with a passion, but I did almost enjoy it tonight. T1 was surprisingly well behaved, at least from my car anyway and I was right in the middle of the pack.

Some of the backmarkers driving tonight was awful. People not yielding, trying to fight me when I'm lapping them. One driver tried to divebomb me twice into the chicanes, luckily I was wise to it and was able brake earlier to avoid them. Oh, and if you are unlapping yourself because you are faster, please make your intentions known on TS. Happy to let you passed, but don't drive all over me and force me into errors when there is really no need.

The AM didn't seem to have the drive out of the chicanes around here, or maybe it's just me!

See you at R1, Zolder is going to be tight! :cool:

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all my apologies to leading Thieffry. I was ready to let him by, when i was spun into second Lesmos and took him out. :( Totally my fault.

No worries man. Initially I was fuming but I always check the replay before saying something stupid. Turns out you made a mistake and I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. In fact I had fun at the end of the race in the midpack. :)

Personally I don’t think Monza was the wrong choice. Quite the opposite, I find it helpful to learn when others brake, when you have to brake etc. With it being the prologue, points don’t count so it is a bit of an evaluation race in itself. I don’t think the guys who caused crashes will pass on learning from that experience.

Quali was tough, with so many cars on track, especially with the lap time difference, meaning two seconds to the car around, can mean zero by the end of the lap. But that is the way it is in real life as well. On my side I was a bit too aggressive, will definitely dial it back next time.
While I’m on it, I want to apologize to the Nissan I hit in quali in T1. I was looking to see where the guy coming behind was, and the closing speed was too great to react in time.

I heard about some crashes in the pack, in contrast to my experience which was rather clean and drama-free. I do hope next time there will be less incidents. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all ,thanks to all 40+ more friends and Great organisation by RSR staffs.
special congratz all podium drivers, ofcourse @David Siska .you are really did brillant job mate.
i really enjoyed all minutes of race. there were to many passes ,fights and mistakes.
I started to race 16th place and finished 13th places. Enjoyable night for our team.
From my side i didnt hit or crash to other friends totally clear race at monza. i had also 3 wide last turn and side by side at the first chiqane .
so why we are here guys for have a enjoyable ,respectable races.So Dont forget guys This is just a game .
Cya all

cheers.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all ,thanks to all 40+ more friends and Great organisation by RSR staffs.
special congratz all podium drivers, ofcourse @David Siska .you are really did brillant job mate.
i really enjoyed all minutes of race. there were to many passes ,fights and mistakes.
I started to race 16th place and finished 13th places. Enjoyable night for our team.
From my side i didnt hit or crash to other friends totally clear race at monza. i had also 3 wide last turn and side by side at the first chiqane .
so why we are here guys for have a enjoyable ,respectable races.So Dont forget guys This is just a game .
Cya all

cheers.

Enjoyed racing you mate:)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great race, and another podium in the bag for me, so i am quite happy with the race.

Pre-Race: was not particularly confident as Monza is not a track I find myself to be very competitive and i still think my setup needs improvements beyond my setup knowledge.

Quali: qualified P5, again unexpected but I think i did good with the limited space in the track we had (half of the laps i needed to abort due to traffic will be even worse on smaller tracks). I think there are improvements to be made on quali etiquette but overall was ok.

With the overcast conditions at race start, on the last minute, without thinking a lot about it I decided to go Full tank, to gamble on rain coming up for the 2nd half of the race, so that i would be able to pit only once even if it was with 20min to go.
The start was pretty clean (despite our race winner completely missing T1 and almost bashing into the guys in front of him :D).

The rain didn't come and i was a sitting duck to the guys around me in P5/P6/P7 as my car was very heavy so I lost a few positions.

I decided to pit with 35min to go (still with a lot of fuel in the tank) as the rain didn't appear to come, came out of the pits in P4: guys i cannot stress how important is to learn how to do Pit Stops in ACC 'manually' (that is with key bindings to starter and ignition), i probably gained at least 10seconds to most of the guys around me just on that.
Second 'half' of the race, that is where i felt my car was in the Zone and i was able to keep my position and actually have a very competitive pace. Ended up P3 when P1 had some problems :).

Overall great race, a few good fights, traffic was allright, and yeah, great fun! See you guys in Zolder!

P.S.: 2 GTR's in the Top 5 of a 40+ car race: that is a rare and welcoming sight!

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I m pretty happy with my race, started in the middle of the pack and after pit at 40min left i had to leave the 10th position to the pole man that i couldnt keep behind any longer during the last lap. I must say that i had a really clean race with zero contact and i m pretty happy with my setup, i scared me sometimes but i could Always recover the car without loosing too much time or get out of track.
Looking forward to Zolder as this will probably give us some great racing.
PS: sorry if i didnt react to your calls on TS i couldn't hear anything else than my motor during the race (i will try to fix that for next race)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not a quitter, but this was a complete waste of time. Looks like RSR has turned into Wreckfest. Also, big thumbs down to whoever picked Monza.
Total destructive comment which does not help at all. One bad race means RSR turned into wreckfest? Seriously?

Thumbs down for the track selection? Forgot we are hosting leagues only for you and not for everyone, totally my bad.

Have fun go back to the CP races including the cheating problematic.

Not impressed at all.
If this is the level of what driving will be during the serie then I'm not realy looking forward to it. People hitting others but refuse to wait. People overtaking like crazy during the outlap of qualifying and just destroy a good position for others. We have driving standards for a reason, read them because clearly there are a few out there who din't.

We have 7 dedicated Stewards in place, if something happens during any race at RSR, use the stewards room. We dont have a dedicated section for stewarding just for the looks...

Making a rant at the race thread wont improve the standards at all! Talk to the people, show them their "mistake", let them learn and improve what they did wrong. Same applies to @falcon2081.

Nobody is perfect, we are no professionals here, we are here for the fun and the sake of racing.

But obviously its much easier to just make a rant instead of helping in a pro-active manner...

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you didn't like my comment, it might have been slightly hot headed, but I still stand behind it.

Let me recap my race. Rammed from behind in first braking zone, crashed again in chicane 2 (ok, this one was partly on me, but I had to take a very tight line to avoid another car), then rammed from behind again in ascari when I was avoiding a crash in front. My car was undrivable at that moment and I had to pit after lap one.

Couple of laps later two guys in front of me were fighting (they weren't even on the same lap), one of them spun, and I had nowhere to go. Only a minor tap fortunately. Then in lap 11 there was another crash in parabolica way in front of me and one of the guys was rejoining so badly that he came from the outside of the track sideways to the inside. I was braking hard and going right onto the kerb, but couldn't avoid. Car was destroyed after that, so I pitted and quit. 11 laps into a 90 minute race.

I will not open any cases, first because I'm not willing to spend an hour or two, presenting the cases properly. Second, because I don't have the best experience with it. And third, because I choose not to.

I am critical about track selection and I stand behind it. No need to act childish here. You are all experienced sim-racers and you know very well Monza is a wreck magnet, especially combined with a larger-than-usual grid and several inexperienced guys coming in. Choosing it for the first race is an objectively bad decisions not just my opinion. Something like Silverstone would be a much better choice.

Fortunately this was only round zero, so no points lost, but i'm not really here for points, I'm here for good racing and I didn't see much of that yesterday. We'll see how it is at Zolder.

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score

i think it was me... i was on my hot lap but was a bit aggressive at lesmo2 and lost the rear, tried to hold the car in straight but i spun, sorry for the hit

Users who are viewing this thread