Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 1: Zolder (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 1: Zolder
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Crazy race with lots of spinners and incidents, as expected in the wet I guess.

Was going 22th when I lost the car at the exit of the first chicane and lightly tapped the wall, 15 minutes till the end.

This set off such a chain of crazy/silly events one after another, it was quite hillarious.

Seeing that the wheel was crooked and that the suspensions needed repair, I went into the pits. On entrance I thought that bodywork repairs were not essential at that point, so thought to uncheck that to save a couple of seconds. But lo and behold, it turns out that repairs are paired together in ACC, so unchecking bodywork disabled repairs for suspensions as well :) And I had already ported at my pit spot that moment, didn't have time to change it back. My pit crew just changed my tires and let me go, a change I didn't really need anyway.

Becoming frustrated that I would have to come in again at the next lap for the repairs this time, a momentary relapse got me not paying attention to the pit limiter and gearing up to 2nd.

So, at the exit I got a notification that I got a 30 seconds Stop-and-Go penalty for speeding in the pit lane. Completing another frustrated lap and coming back in, I was angry and impatient, so my speed was too high entering the pits and couldn't manage to slow down enough to avoid the wall and make the turn left (into the pits) :)

I had no option to make the repairs this time and come in for the SG penalty the next lap as it automatically enacts the penalty-serving process.
So at the end of 30 seconds, I had a car at my hands that was literally undrivable at that point. So I couldn't see completing a full lap to come back in again.
Deciding that this was too much, had to retire after 80 minutes of gruesome driving and 10 minutes before the end. :D

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I believe the game only allows for 75min duration replays: someone posted somewhere here a trick on how to save the whole race in two parts (i believe we can save via keybind and it continues recording on another replay file).

I have not saved my replay. I'll try to do it for the next race.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks to Admins and all participants in the race. Congrats to the winner and podium places.
Even though It was a tough race I had a fantastic time and enjoyed every minute of the race.

It sure was a challenge, I think I was the slowest driver on the track, hope I did not get in the way too much, did my best to keep out of the way of faster cars, and still maintain some sort of pace in the tricky conditions. If i did cause anyone problems Sorry.

First quarter of the race managed to keep the car on track without incidents, got whacked in the rear at one point, but all good. (Its racing!!)

Then had a few spins but kept going. At just over halfway had to pit tires were gone, it was difficult getting back to the pits slipping and sliding everywhere. 2nd half of the race had a few more spins but managed to finish. Loved it!!

Looking forward to the next race!!

@Noztra Sorry for the squeeze down into the chicane.
@flyingspark, good clean racing and nice overtake;)
Post automatically merged:

That was an interesting one, but disappointing. :banghead:

I was in panic mode in the formation lap when I realized I forgot to start up OBS. I launched it but all it did was update and then cause my game to render at 30 fps or below for some reason. After a while it became too difficult as I kept being put off by the unstable framerate and freezes, so I came into the pits and retired after a few incidents involving other cars. Think in this time I managed to battle a few cars, clean battles so at least that was enjoyable, but apologies to @GosuNoob who got caught up in my issue. Can't blame anyone but myself for the mistake that resulted in a technical glitch.

@T.rev.1 you might want to have a look at your awareness. I was on your outside and it looks like you didn't account for it. It was a clean move in T3 but you brake into me. Around lap 22-23 I believe.

In response to your post, I can only apologise for the contact we had which resulted in both of us spinning.

Unfortunately, these things happen in racing as it did with you earlier in the race, before our incident. See PICS!! Its RACING!!.

1592220029163.png
1592220054196.png

You started off by saying that you were “disappointed” and “I was in panic mode”, and your game had problems!
It was a wet race, extra care/room/space should be allowed when racing/passing and in general driving.

Point to note the game lets us know about BLUE Flags, so does Crew Chief, so there is no need to start flashing your lights when you come up to lap someone, which you did several times, the pit exit line is also there for a reason I believe.

As stated by Admins this is not the place if you want to complain about someone/something which happened during the race.

I enjoyed the race and was not disappointed even though I finished last of those that did finish !! (Peace).;)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Per rule you are allowed to flash your lights to indicate a lapping manover. There is def. sometimes a need for flashing, especially in such wet conditions.

Check also this post regarding lapping: https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/news.2579/#post-62140
Thanks for the clarification.

I was actually going to do a stewards case regarding this, but since you apologized, there is no hard feelings.

All is forgiven mate. :)
Thanks mate, see you on track ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In general I wonder why people are sometimes so sure about certain "rules" and what and what not is neccesary. Everything is stated clearly in this little subforum which is even listed on the main forum list directly!

I suggest that everyone re-visit our driving standards page and reconsider if his driving is in harmony within our rules. From what I heard it was at some stages a total mess which isn't great for sure ...

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry @StubbornGymnast i went a bit off track and lost the rear and spun

No problem mate i know it wasn't anything malicious, youre a good and clean racer. it was just an unlucky situation, gave me the chance though to get wet tyres:smug:

Just one negative note that I wont go into too much, but just like in the pre-season race, some of the backmarking was not great. Again, some drivers were either not yielding, and even worse, one or two tried to unlap themselves for no reason other than causing me issues when I was in my own battle for position. I said it last time, if you are faster and want to unlap yourself, make it known on TS. Don't just drive all over the back of me for a few laps and attempt to pass me when I have no idea why.

In the end that was me, sorry. I forgot to plug the mic in for the race, i didn't really want to pass you more to follow you as you where catching the guy in 19th what was a postion for me. I think i just should have left a second to you, wont happen again.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Does someone have even a partial replay up to 60-65 minutes of race?

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Point to note the game lets us know about BLUE Flags, so does Crew Chief, so there is no need to start flashing your lights when you come up to lap someone, which you did several times, the pit exit line is also there for a reason I believe.

I flash my lights a first time to make myself noticed and a second time to indicate I would try/like to get by in the next corner, there is no malicious intention ;)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll write up something as well.

I can't remember everything, the race was action packed. I'm using streaming to youtube as a way of saving races, might review, but in any case, here is what I remember.

Joining practice 10 minutes before the race and being shocked at tyre temps and pressures. Not what the server had earlier in the day. Hail Mary'd much lower pressures.

Seemed to work well enough during qualifying. If I qualify I'm happy. Me and team mate @hinesy32 started close to each other.

Good start. Just trying to keep my nose clean. On the third lap I started having issues with the tyres, and accelerating out of the final chicane I always had issues. Got the smallest of small bumps from @hinesy32, spun and lost a couple of positions, but funnily enough wasn't fazed by it at all.

Caught up to a battle, saw @Battenberg and @hinesy32 have their incident. That was a code brown situation right there, as they covered the track, but as they spun a small gap opened up, just managed to pass through. There is no way to brake to avoid an incident, just hoping to somehow get through it.

Later on I was defending from @Josh I think, and again had the smallest of taps in the final chicane when I was following someone as well. Up to that point the battle was intense but the gentleman racer waited for me to rejoin, wouldn't have thought less of you if you didn't, but thank you. He was screwed a bit when we drove off again with someone at the first chicane, got stuck a bit behind. Later on when I had the opportunity I let you go, you were obviously so much faster than me.

Much of my race was just trying to cope with my tyres. They went off so badly, was doing dry tires in the wet pace for the last 15 to 20 minutes of my stint. Struggled to keep it on the road.

Spent much of the second stint driving in circles, following my team mate. Had a serious pace drop off in the last third to half of the stint again. I think my pressures were just waaaay too low. Doesn't matter, finished 10th. Way better than I should have finished.

My legs were aching by the end of the race. Today I have a pinched nerve or something in my arm. I'd say it was worth it.

I hope my driving did not unsettle anyone, and that I didn't get in the way of any lapping cars.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Havocc @Battenberg
Had a look to see if the missing 9 laps unfortunately for some reason the replay only started from the 9th lap. Sorry!!

Reactions: Tom

Users who are viewing this thread