Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 2: Misano (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 2: Misano
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I left the race. :(

I had a good race until I decided to do the mandatory pitstop. After the stop I wanted to call out that I am leaving the pit and therefore pressed the button I just assigned to push to talk during the driver briefing. The button I used for push to talk was the space bar on my keyboard and unfortunately the space bar was also set in ACC to shift up (I don't know why :bored:). So I unintentionally shifted up into the second gear and the pit limiter got disabled when I still was in the pit lane. Following that I got a penalty for speeding in the pit lane :banghead:.

Then I made a mistake. I thought it was just a drive through penalty and as it didn't clear after the first time I did a second drive through. Then I realized it was a 30 sec stop&go penalty :oops:. Being more than a lap down and sweating like hell I decided there is not much sense in continuing :confused:.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great move at turn 10 followed by a shit one right after :/

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
what a rollercoaster of race for me.

Quali was P3, but i think i could go faster so mos def i was aiming to fight for the win.

On the race countdown, I went to the bathroom and when i returned my game was frozen: first time this happens since i bought the game in February: it had to happen on a league race!

Anyway managed to get back to the game in time before the race start so i started from the pits.
When i left the pits i was around 30sec behind the car in front of me, so I had the motivation to keep going as i knew i had the pace to get back to single digit places.
After a few laps i realized the game actually put me 1 lap behind from the get go, so I needed to unlap myself first, and then fight for position: for a moment i thought about quitting...but then, kept my head down and decided to just grind all the way to the end.

I'm sorry if i have been a nuisance, I hope I have not bullied anyone when i was a backmarker (or even when i was fighting for position), i don't like bullies so i hope i was not one of those.
I've also not requested permission to unlap myself as per rules, I decided not to do so for the reason that i would just flood TeamSpeak with those requests and i was pretty confident i was able to pull the moves safely, which eventually I did.
After unlapping myself from P12 during the first half and seeing that P11 was very far away I've set my goal to get to P12.

In the end I actually managed P11 as someone on front got some problems.
If the game didn't put me an extra lap down i would have ended around P5 (as i finished the race between P4/P5 on track position), so mos def a shame this happened as i would be fighting for the race.

Anyway, was a very enjoyable experience, it just proves how i really enjoy driving in this game, regardless: if it was any other game, I would probably not bother continuing, but for me it's just a joy to drive in ACC so i decided to continue.

Tomorrow morning I'm flying to my home country of Portugal, for some much needed vacation. I'm only returning to the UK on the 18th of July so I am missing the next race at Spa.

GL everyone, and i'll see you all at Suzuka for round 4.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I feel both rubbish & happy with that one. On one hand, I put in a performance well below my usual level. I had no feel for the combo, and couldn't gel with it at all. An overheating face and mind elsewhere didn't help matters either. On the other hand though, I'm happy we had a smoother race from an admin POV compared to some of our recent events. It was a much better (if not quieter) atmosphere in the room tonight, and the driving standards were vastly improved upon from last time. So well done and thanks all!

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As predicted, cracking race with high pace. Positively surprised @StubbornGymnast got pole, practice paid off with great setup and a quali result topping our expectations

Was caught out by a slight slide from F. Nadaa in T13 and unfortunately rear ended him :sorry: wanted to let him pass so apologies if that was a bit dangerous as I was cruising waiting for him. So from lap 10 I found myself many positions down the field but it was not the end of the world, had great battles and everyone around was battling as well.. Car gave me confidence to push 110% and still be consistent, tried to execute overtakes and lapping quickly so it was really action packed from start to finish. Special mention to @David Siska for superb defense that was real-world like, had to bid my time, great Porsche vs Ferrari moments. I tried to push to get to P2, but lacked a couple of laps to put some pressure. The lapped cars did great too, maybe a bit helped by a larger track than last time, anyway, pleased with it.

Congratulations to everyone who finished that was a tough race and also beautiful at the same time with the dark. Of course @Morvic and J. Mills congrats on the podium and win respectively. Thanks to all involved and see you at Spa

Josh

Community Member
Reaction score
I will agree with @Battenberg on this race was much better! Great job all around by everyone.

I had a great race for the top spot with Radoesz. I am sorry I dont remember who you are in the RSR forum but we had an epic battle for the lead. Very evenly matched and I jsut edged you out for the lead on the pitstops and was able to hold you off. I couldnt breath until about 10 minutes left when your pace fell off a bit or I edged mine a little faster. SO MUCH FUN!

Again, thanks for the great race and looking forward to the next one.

I streamed my race Here . Sound didnt work until I fixed it on my pitstop. The battle and turning point of the race was highlighted here ( Battle for lead). Great side by side battle with an over under overtake/defense for the lead.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good race for me. Got some practice in before the race yesterday at the last minute. Qualified P12. Felt I could have got into the 35's but just couldn't put the lap together.

Race started well, gained a place through the first sector. Quickly turned into defending for what seemed like the entire first half of the race. My teammate @kobusnell was very close behind me who was also being pushed by @Dangerous Gianetta . I decided to let Kobus pass me, but slowed a little too much and lost a couple more places. It was really good fun defending up to that point but was starting to make some mistakes and didn't want to make a big mistake. Pitted half way through for fuel and tyres and came back out in P13. As others made their pitstops I was back up into P10. A couple of other drivers made mistakes and I caught up to @Dangerous Gianetta who I managed to pass into P8. Got through some back markers, who were much better this week, and got a bit of a gap around me and finished in P8. Stumbled across a battle for P22 in the final laps so backed off not to get involved, think one of the drivers was @Ricardo Macieira . Hopefully I didn't put any pressure on.

So, great result for me. My goal for the season was to try and get some top 10 finishes. And great team result with @kobusnell finishing in P6. See you all at the next one. Congrats to the winner and podium finishers!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still buzzing after the race. Did not expect that result. Sure, it was down to a lot of luck, people who were obviously so much faster having accidents and stuff... But I'm buzzing.

I practiced a bit, on and off, and during my last session I realised I can carry much more speed than I thought through the hairpins. That helped a lot.

Qualified OK. Knew I could go a bit faster, but couldn't get THE lap together. Was probably missing out on 0.3s, which wouldn't have made a difference to my starting position. Started next to my teammate @hinesy32 again! Our pace is really really well matched it seems.

Not the best race start. Had to brake quite hard going into the first turn, @hinesy32 managed to go past around the outside, lost a place. I'd say mostly clean start. *I don't know how everyone else is immediately on the pace. My first lap is always a bit slower as I'm trying to get the feel of the car again...

Settled in behind @hinesy32. Had a bit more pace, and had to defend quite a lot as @Dangerous Gianetta was right on me. Was a weird situation where I was trying to not put my teammate under too much pressure, but also had to keep up the pace up to be overtaken. @hinesy32 gave me room to pass, but I wasn't on the pace immediately. Did pick it up a bit. Built a bit of a gap up to pit stops.

At pit stops @hinesy32 and @Dangerous Gianetta strangely lost ground. Don't know why, because I was trying to switch off my car and it didn't want to. Probably lost 5 seconds just trying to turn off the damn thing. Anyway, after the pits @Nada, who had an incident at the start of the race and lost positions, was right behind me. I knew he was faster than me, so I contemplated just letting him go... But I didn't. And that then was the rest of the race with us being close together, gap building to 2 second, dropping to 0.5, cycling as we lap cars... And this started with about 40 minutes left I think.

In front of me was @Cornworld. Didn't expect to be close to him after the pitstops, but I was within a couple of seconds. Had a code brown situation when he spun out what I think is turn 6 and his car came back across the road. Managed to avoid, thank goodness.

Lapping was generally very safe. Had one little bit of contact where a lapped car went off track and I thought that was to give me room, but when I was next to it it returned to the track and we bumped doors. Thankfully no harm done.

At the end of the race Nada was on top of me. I was just lucky with lapping cars, that giving me some breathing room. Brought it home in 6th! At about a minute to go there was an accident in front of us which caused some confusion and some lapped cars ended up between us. That gave me the gap to finish the race in front of him. I was sure he would get me.

Overall I'm happy. For this league my aim is to not get lapped! This game is an interesting challenge. It is obvious I'm not super fast, but I'm just hoping consistency counts for something at the end of the day. Maybe one day when I upgrade my DFGT I'll gain a tenth or three. Anyway, as it is this was very enjoyable. Thanks to all I raced, I hope you felt it was clean.
Thanks again to the admins for organization, yesterday was a treat.
Post automatically merged:

Good race for me. Got some practice in before the race yesterday at the last minute. Qualified P12. Felt I could have got into the 35's but just couldn't put the lap together.

Race started well, gained a place through the first sector. Quickly turned into defending for what seemed like the entire first half of the race. My teammate @kobusnell was very close behind me who was also being pushed by @Dangerous Gianetta . I decided to let Kobus pass me, but slowed a little too much and lost a couple more places. It was really good fun defending up to that point but was starting to make some mistakes and didn't want to make a big mistake. Pitted half way through for fuel and tyres and came back out in P13. As others made their pitstops I was back up into P10. A couple of other drivers made mistakes and I caught up to @Dangerous Gianetta who I managed to pass into P8. Got through some back markers, who were much better this week, and got a bit of a gap around me and finished in P8. Stumbled across a battle for P22 in the final laps so backed off not to get involved, think one of the drivers was @Ricardo Macieira . Hopefully I didn't put any pressure on.

So, great result for me. My goal for the season was to try and get some top 10 finishes. And great team result with @kobusnell finishing in P6. See you all at the next one. Congrats to the winner and podium finishers!
Yeah, great great great team result.

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
trying to switch off my car and it didn't want to

Very odd, I had the same issue and still lost time. I have mapped the started button to my wheel but the game is still automatically stopping the engine. So basically when I hit the starter button to stop the engine, it restarted it. I need to figure this is properly for the next race.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
thanks to all joined friends and Rsr staffs.
congratz to all podium drivers,and special greeting to team mate @David Siska . Amazing performance.
qualify was my best time I did. p8, ı started to race.
first lap, i always try to keep position and x2 careful drive but didn't keep it. Small contact i got with low aero damage and i went to grass fortunately no hit to other friends. i had good battles with Aston drivers for many laps .my top speed not enough to pass them :).great defences from @hinesy32 and i think @kobusnell .i did Too many attempts to pass @kobusnell .i tried pass him end of the speedzone on sector 2 .i used late brake to pass him.But he was keeping race line perfectly.i saved one hit and drove to out of track:) wow it was too close.i really enjoyed mates with close battles.it was continued to pit stop.After pit stop, i started push more to catch front drivers and again i had a good battle with @hinesy32 .unfortunately while we were lapping to mercedes driver i got hit from back and i spunned.Honestly im not angry with that situation.İt happens i think,Mercedes driver didnt see me on mirror so @hinesy32 and me we were too close at the first turn. Mercedes driver were slow on the right hand and waiting to @hinesy32 pass with correct line.Bad luck mate.After that i tried to stay on track and kept my position with rear suspension and aero damage.Last lap Jon B ferrari driver made a mistake before last turn i passed him and i finished race 9th position.
wow great race again i got it.i really enjoyed again.
by the way @hinesy32 great control when i touch you from back :=)

cheers

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
Very odd, I had the same issue and still lost time. I have mapped the started button to my wheel but the game is still automatically stopping the engine. So basically when I hit the starter button to stop the engine, it restarted it. I need to figure this is properly for the next race.
lol same problem on me:)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will agree with @Battenberg on this race was much better! Great job all around by everyone.

I had a great race for the top spot with Radoesz. I am sorry I dont remember who you are in the RSR forum but we had an epic battle for the lead. Very evenly matched and I jsut edged you out for the lead on the pitstops and was able to hold you off. I couldnt breath until about 10 minutes left when your pace fell off a bit or I edged mine a little faster. SO MUCH FUN!

Again, thanks for the great race and looking forward to the next one.

I streamed my race Here . Sound didnt work until I fixed it on my pitstop. The battle and turning point of the race was highlighted here ( Battle for lead). Great side by side battle with an over under overtake/defense for the lead.
Radosz* :) And that would be me, great racing, you don't know how frustrated I was when I fell off, my car just refused to brake well and then to have any grip at all... You holding me off after the pit stops was crucial because I destroyed my tires trying to get past you. Good driving, very high level and respectful driving!

On the side note, I've heard that driving standards were much better than before which I'm very happy to hear, that's how RSR races should look like all the time! That's one of the reasons I race here :)

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah i wanted to do the fastest lap and i crashed in the penultimate corner:banghead:

don't be understand wrongly mate but as you can see on your video i let you pass without battle . so in my experience last 5 min i dont take risk :) you were too fast and i was drinking beer and waiting finish the race time :) and you served to me your position .
thanks.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
don't be understand wrongly mate but as you can see on your video i let you pass without battle . so in my experience last 5 min i dont take risk :) you were too fast and i was drinking beer and waiting finish the race time :) and you served to me your position .
thanks.

Yeah you caught me by surprise when i catched you, i was gearing up for a nice battle and then you let me pass, i was very confused:p
I thought you mistaked me for a lapping car but in the end you got what you deserved and i got what i deserved haha.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah you caught me by surprise when i catched you, i was gearing up for a nice battle and then you let me pass, i was very confused:p
I thought you mistaked me for a lapping car but in the end you got what you deserved and i got what i deserved haha.
actually main idea as alwyas for me, getting enjoyable races ,ofcourse battling,defending,passing,touching that i got at all , so why im racing on RSR .
bythe way great pole time mate,
i think you learned how to get into the pit area that you got 3-4 times:)
believe me before entering pit , last 10 laps i was loooking for pit entrance i dont know where pit enter.i just used 1 times:=)
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread