Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 2: Misano (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 2: Misano
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
actually main idea as alwyas for me, getting enjoyable races ,ofcourse battling,defending,passing,touching that i got at all , so why im racing on RSR .
bythe way great pole time mate,
i think you learned how to get into the pit area that you got 3-4 times:)
believe me before entering pit , last 10 laps i was loooking for pit entrance i dont know where pit enter.i just used 1 times:=)
thanks

Haha yeah got 2 drive throughs so i can give you guys a tour guide of the pits:p

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
First from admin pov i agree with @Battenberg this race was amazing and it should be allways like this,teamspeak chat was really quiet so lets keep this spirit for all the incoming races :)
Now my race
First ~45 mins was just awesome had an amazing battle with @Shepard for like 10laps or so wich 6 of them i was less than 1 sec behind me,but yeah he was faster than me i got the position.
20200629124739.png

Tried to put some pressure on him but at same time i had to defend from @FlyAxL after couple laps he got me,but hey had another driver behind,another fight this time with @MelBonkers.Managed to hold him back for 3 laps and then i was beaten again, was P17 at this moment.
As we were around half of the race some drivers started their pitstops and i decided to stay on track the maximun i could and for instants i got into P12 WTF i dont "belong" here :p, then found @Dangerous Gianetta and @hinesy32 but this time i didnt had a chance to fightas they had new tires and i didnt you know the result i lost 2 placesso i was P14 with only 2 laps of fuel left i did my pitstop and got back on track in P19 and i thought thats still a good result for me BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOi f***** crashed on last corner ofmy outlap giving me light damage so okay car still feels good lets continue NAH NAH lights started flickering and had to do another pitstop to repair them.Got back on track in P23 at this moment i thought okay i'll just finish the race.After couple laps i realizes i was gaining time to the guy in front,started to push as much as i could but made small mistakes and lost the time i gained so i thought okay thats it no point to push again.
After that i saw a change with the guys in front and found @Vince 7secs in front, started to push again and when i got close to him i hitted him SORRY, waited and started to chase him again,and when i got behing him i hitted him for the second time in 2/3 laps SORRY again mate waited for him again and resumed the fight and FINALLY managed to get a clean overtake and get P22
So yeahh thank you all the fights and really sorry @Vince for the 2 hits

Cheers :)
See you all in Spa;)
Post automatically merged:

Stumbled across a battle for P22 in the final laps so backed off not to get involved, think one of the drivers was @Ricardo Macieira . Hopefully I didn't put any pressure on.
thanks mate,all good :)

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Short review from my side: my quali didn't go too well. I couldn't find a good gap and in the end I just couldn't get faster. My race start was really good and I gained quite some places by being very cautious. Sadly in the 2nd or 3rd lap I couldn't get the Mercedes Tractor to stop for T4 and kissed the Ferrari of Axel Vanmol. So sorry for that! Then restarted from the back of the field and kept on racing until I performed my pitstop 30 minutes or so before the end. I then tried to chase @Shepard for position, but he was just not reachable for me anymore.

I think my braking issues also had to do with the fact that I didn't change my brakes between quali and race (if I'm correct you can do that in ACC and maybe SHOULD do that). Anyway, was fun and clean racing! I hope I can join you next race as that will coincide with a migration weekend at work. I hope we will finish our work on Saturday, so I can join you guys on Sunday! Fingers crossed!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Short review from my side: my quali didn't go too well. I couldn't find a good gap and in the end I just couldn't get faster. My race start was really good and I gained quite some places by being very cautious. Sadly in the 2nd or 3rd lap I couldn't get the Mercedes Tractor to stop for T4 and kissed the Ferrari of Axel Vanmol. So sorry for that! Then restarted from the back of the field and kept on racing until I performed my pitstop 30 minutes or so before the end. I then tried to chase @Shepard for position, but he was just not reachable for me anymore.

I think my braking issues also had to do with the fact that I didn't change my brakes between quali and race (if I'm correct you can do that in ACC and maybe SHOULD do that). Anyway, was fun and clean racing! I hope I can join you next race as that will coincide with a migration weekend at work. I hope we will finish our work on Saturday, so I can join you guys on Sunday! Fingers crossed!
You have 30 set of tyres to chose from, they are numbered from 1 to 30 so if you use set 1 for quali, then you should use 2 for race and select set 3 for pit stop 1, also what brakes did you use? 1 and 4 (4 especially) are not reccomended for long races because they wear quickly

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You have 30 set of tyres to chose from, they are numbered from 1 to 30 so if you use set 1 for quali, then you should use 2 for race and select set 3 for pit stop 1, also what brakes did you use? 1 and 4 (4 especially) are not reccomended for long races because they wear quickly
I have set the tire sets correctly. But I thought you need to change the brakes between quali and race. For quali I use brake set 1. For race I use brake set 2 (thought this was good for races of up to 2-3 hours or so?).

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I have set the tire sets correctly. But I thought you need to change the brakes between quali and race. For quali I use brake set 1. For race I use brake set 2 (thought this was good for races of up to 2-3 hours or so?).
From what i've heard on RaceDepartment on quali you can use 3 and yeah 2 for the race

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a great race, well, up to my mister brown pants moment. Started the race at P10 but overtook a few people during the start, was in a great battle with p5 for most of the race. Had a meh pitstop and miscalculated the fuel so lost a decent amount of time during the pitstop. Then had a big moment coming out of turn 6 where I clipped the curb, car spun out and I hit the opposite wall. Very lucky that @kobusnell was able to avoid me as he was not far behind me. Did damage repairs but lost a shitload of time. Finished P16 I think.

Most off all. A big compliment to the field on driving standards. Lessons learned it seems witch makes me a happy camper. People where taking notice of each other on the track during qualifying and the race. Backmarkers mostly stayed on their line so it was easier to plan the overtake / pass. I hope this level of racing is an example for the remaining season. Well done to all of us.

On a somewhat more critical note. I'm a bit disappointed that only 24/25 ish out of the initial roster of +40 showed up. I think only 2 or 3 people announced they where unable to race but the majority was absent without notice. I wonder why because the rules a clear about being absent without notice. I do hope that numbers will increase again because a full grid is more fun to race with, especially on the bigger tracks like Spa

All in all, great race night. :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brake set 1 for qualy and races up to 1h. 2 for races up to 2-3 hours, 3 for up to 24h and 4 isn't viable at all

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On a somewhat more critical note. I'm a bit disappointed that only 24/25 ish out of the initial roster of +40 showed up. I think only 2 or 3 people announced they where unable to race but the majority was absent without notice. I wonder why because the rules a clear about being absent without notice. I do hope that numbers will increase again because a full grid is more fun to race with, especially on the bigger tracks like Spa

All the names crossed out in the OP are those who let us know they were not going to make it, either on here or in PMs. So there were quite a few we knew about, but for sure more no shows than we would like to see - but it's like that with all events.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had a great race, well, up to my mister brown pants moment. Started the race at P10 but overtook a few people during the start, was in a great battle with p5 for most of the race. Had a meh pitstop and miscalculated the fuel so lost a decent amount of time during the pitstop. Then had a big moment coming out of turn 6 where I clipped the curb, car spun out and I hit the opposite wall. Very lucky that @kobusnell was able to avoid me as he was not far behind me. Did damage repairs but lost a shitload of time. Finished P16 I think.

Most off all. A big compliment to the field on driving standards. Lessons learned it seems witch makes me a happy camper. People where taking notice of each other on the track during qualifying and the race. Backmarkers mostly stayed on their line so it was easier to plan the overtake / pass. I hope this level of racing is an example for the remaining season. Well done to all of us.

You are lucky that i lost at the car at turn 1 at second to last lap, good battle last lap though :D

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You are lucky that i lost at the car at turn 1 at second to last lap, good battle last lap though :D

That is called pressure ;):D But I had to drive pretty hard to catch you

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This was a very enjoyable race,
Started at pos 14, was having a nice first lap and managed to have my teamate front of me to allow him to push and not care for what s going on behind him. This didnt last long , at L2 T4 got punted by a merc that had braking issue and found myself last, to add some laps later an error from my side on the brake and hit another driver in t10, hopefully without disturbing his race too much.
As i found out that i was feeling faster than the others i didnt care much and carried on untill my fuel tank get empty and that i was getting backmarker in the way so the timing was just perfect.
Pit stop went smoothly on my side and i didnt even repaired the car as it was still handling ok and allow me to gain 20sec in the pits.
The second half of the race was a bit different, I was fighting against drivers i ve fought ewarlier so i kept patient and waited for the safest place to do my overtake. I sometimes been very greedy but i dont think i ve been too much of a nuisance (else im sorry).
I had a good fight with Sparks in the end, i must admit it was hard to stay behind that merc that had to brake so much in T13 that i finally touched his bumper at the apex and saw him spinning. i stopped to let him go by and found myself in the middle of the racing line. did a little donut and i must say great control of your car to the other merc that cames in though all that smoke.
After all those emotions i choosed to cruise my way till the end of the race and set my fastest lap doing so.
805550_20200629152610_1 (3).png

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FlyAxL , yeah that Mercedes was me. I'm terribly sorry for that. I didn't know you were "Vanmol".

This was a very enjoyable race,
Started at pos 14, was having a nice first lap and managed to have my teamate front of me to allow him to push and not care for what s going on behind him. This didnt last long , at L2 T4 got punted by a merc that had braking issue and found myself last, to add some laps later an error from my side on the brake and hit another driver in t10, hopefully without disturbing his race too much.
As i found out that i was feeling faster than the others i didnt care much and carried on untill my fuel tank get empty and that i was getting backmarker in the way so the timing was just perfect.
Pit stop went smoothly on my side and i didnt even repaired the car as it was still handling ok and allow me to gain 20sec in the pits.
The second half of the race was a bit different, I was fighting against drivers i ve fought ewarlier so i kept patient and waited for the safest place to do my overtake. I sometimes been very greedy but i dont think i ve been too much of a nuisance (else im sorry).
I had a good fight with Sparks in the end, i must admit it was hard to stay behind that merc that had to brake so much in T13 that i finally touched his bumper at the apex and saw him spinning. i stopped to let him go by and found myself in the middle of the racing line. did a little donut and i must say great control of your car to the other merc that cames in though all that smoke.
After all those emotions i choosed to cruise my way till the end of the race and set my fastest lap doing so.
View attachment 9243

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
No problems Mel' this can happen to anyone. In the end you made my race very enjoyable. I had a lot of people to overtake ;)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As predicted, cracking race with high pace. Positively surprised @StubbornGymnast got pole, practice paid off with great setup and a quali result topping our expectations

Was caught out by a slight slide from F. Nadaa in T13 and unfortunately rear ended him :sorry: wanted to let him pass so apologies if that was a bit dangerous as I was cruising waiting for him. So from lap 10 I found myself many positions down the field but it was not the end of the world, had great battles and everyone around was battling as well.. Car gave me confidence to push 110% and still be consistent, tried to execute overtakes and lapping quickly so it was really action packed from start to finish. Special mention to @David Siska for superb defense that was real-world like, had to bid my time, great Porsche vs Ferrari moments. I tried to push to get to P2, but lacked a couple of laps to put some pressure. The lapped cars did great too, maybe a bit helped by a larger track than last time, anyway, pleased with it.

Congratulations to everyone who finished that was a tough race and also beautiful at the same time with the dark. Of course @Morvic and J. Mills congrats on the podium and win respectively. Thanks to all involved and see you at Spa
I enjoyed our battle a lot. At least it wasn't a boring race, driving alone :) Great recovery! You were on a mission. :)

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Big congratulations to Podium Drivers, well done!! Thanks to Admins for the organisation of the race, also well done to all those who raced, respect and consideration for other drivers all good.

Hey!!! I did not finish last today :oops: and I was not the slowest on track. Started 24 from 26, finished 21. Could have done better in Quali, but took it easy just to stay on track and set a time.

After first couple of laps found I was in P17 wow!! o_O Once those who had spun/incidents got going passed me then kept a steady 21st place up to pit in P20 on lap 25. Problems in the pit just would not work stop/start engine reverse/forward then it worked, lost about 3+ minutes come out in P24 Last.

Lap 53 back up to P20., yeah!! Chased by @Erik who got me on Lap 53 due to me pushing to hard into a spin.

@kobusnell sorry about the door handle touch coming back on the track, thought there was more room.

More racers would have been more fun. I enjoyed the race see you all at Spa ;)

Congratulations to everyone who finished. Good Race.

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
After that i saw a change with the guys in front and found @Vince 7secs in front, started to push again and when i got close to him i hitted him SORRY, waited and started to chase him again,and when i got behing him i hitted him for the second time in 2/3 laps SORRY again mate waited for him again and resumed the fight and FINALLY managed to get a clean overtake and get P22
So yeahh thank you all the fights and really sorry @Vince for the 2 hits

Hey Ricardo, can't say I wasn't frustrated in the moment to have been hit twice in succession, but it's racing and that happens..
so no hard feelings :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
can't say I wasn't frustrated in the moment to have been hit twice in succession
believe me i was fustrated aswell for hitting same person twice in within 2 laps:banghead:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg The results of round 2 are filled in but the points aren't calculated correctly (actually round 2 isn't counted in a at all), just saying :)

Users who are viewing this thread