Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 3: Spa (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 3: Spa
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a much needed confidence boost after the previous round. I found a setup that I gelled well with, and after my pitstop with perfect tyre pressures I felt I could fly. I got too greedy however by cutting Radillon too much without lifting, and got slapped with a drive through :confused: Entirely my fault, but I was on for a strong P7 up until then. But anyway, my faith in the McLaren is restored, which is the main thing :)

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't practice much and felt pretty tired, so I was happy with a front row start.
Led for the first 30 minutes, then i was a bit too inconsistent and started making mistakes. Pressed twice the pit limiter on entry by mistake :banghead:, that meant I had to serve a 30s Stop & Go. Then I managed to get near top 10, but was involved in an accident which gave me around 20s damage, it was then impossible to defend.

That being said I'm pretty happy with P10 or whatever it was, the track stayed dry and many people missed the race, so it's still some good points for the championships.
Congratulations to podium finishers and see you next time :D

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can take me of the roster. Being punted of 3 out of four races and seeing a good position being turned into zero is not what I find enjoyable.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Messed up car placement at pit stop and lost about 15s, rejoined with pistorious in front, pushed as hard as I could but couldn't get him, at last lap spun and crashed at blanchimont, fortunately car behind me was very far and didn't lose positions

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can take me of the roster. Being punted of 3 out of four races and seeing a good position being turned into zero is not what I find enjoyable.
Done

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
congratz to all podium drivers.
Thanks to all joined friends and RSR staffs.
qualfy : 11th
finished: 8th
my aim was again top 10 and i get it :). Second lap i think fast driver @Puffpirat was behind me.i know i cant defend against him with traficc and i gave him inside line and let him pass clearly. After misano i had fight again with Aston drivers:) @hinesy32 and @kobusnell and white ferrari.I forgot your name mate srry.congratz you guys really great fight for top 10. @hinesy32 was too fast against me and he went far away. bad luck i saw mirror ferrari had spun and @kobusnell was forced to gear down .After that i drove lonely and kept my position to race finished.
Hey @Battenberg you are showing right hand but you are kicking left hand. Where was the rainy weather:).
i hope i wrote correctly last sentence:)
thanks guys
have a good day all of you.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was expecting rain but instead we had a sunny morning race. I must say i am more than happy with the weather :cool:
805550_20200712222803_1.png

The race was all good for me i wasn't pushing my goal was to finish in one piece, i left control once at the first quarter of the race while i was trying to get the most pace in the last straight but without too much damage.
Pit went ok had a 40sec stop for refuel - new tires and repairs. I went out at 12 posisiotn i think, then cruised all along untill the end, had some pass and was fighting for 10th -12th in the last lap but i lost the rear at the raidillon :eek: and finished in the barrier on top of eau rouge. i could scream twice, once when rear got lost and a second time when i see i cant avoid the barrier. Brought back the car to the end but lost 2 places and finished 14th i think :cool:
All in all it was a good race.
805550_20200712223435_1.png

PS:
After misano i had fight again with Aston drivers:) @hinesy32 and @kobusnell and white ferrari.I forgot your name mate srry.
I am White Ferrari ;) it's always a pleasure to be racing with you

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another really good race for me. I didn't do much practice for this, although racing around Spa is just such a pleasure. Was able to get into the mid 2:20s, but couldn't quite get it together in qualifying but a P9 for me was really good and my teammate @kobusnell in P14. I didn't get a great start, I was overly cautious in the opening laps. I had some contact with a red Ferrari in lap 1 which lost me a couple of places but I got settled in and it was a pretty quiet race from start to finish. I caught up to @Battenberg before my pitstop. Seemed to have very similar pace but after the stops he was a couple more seconds in front. Then he just disappeared as the McLaren got into its grove. @Dangerous Gianetta was then just in front of me after his stop and I managed to get passed after he was slow out of Pouhon up into T13 at Campus. Then a bit of good fortune as @Battenberg got his DT (sorry Tom). Up into P7 and stayed there to the finish. Great team result also, now looking strong for a top 3 finish.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't thank DD enough for this...

Users who are viewing this thread