Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 4: Suzuka (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 4: Suzuka
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hope you gents don't mind if i race as reserve?
Signup form needs a AM option just for me aha. I'll be keeping out of the way in a default setup if I can (=
Thanks!

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
was really looking forward to this after having missed the last race, but sadly it seems a logistical problem will keep me from participating. wish I could be there.. good luck to all.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't be available this evening. Worked 19 days straight in the last 21 days, so now it's time to give the family some well deserved quality time and start enjoying the start of my holiday :cool:

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd like to take part in todays race if possible. If the server is full I'll drop out ofc.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So sorry i missed this race, didnt get back home till now, was really looking forward to this one aswell.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Mine... I'll kill everyone loosing it in the spoon lap after lap :p
See @Ricardo Macieira, at least I killed myself only... twice... Hope you all had a good race. After my second kiss to the wall in 130R I decided to keep it safe for you all :rolleyes:

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a waste of time... car felt crap, had no confidence but atleast a top 12 could have been until i got send to another continent in spoon...

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@hinesy32 sorry about the shunt with 10 minutes to go. Complete mis-judgement on my part.

No worries mate. Thankfully I wasn't in a battle for position at that point.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guy's thanks for having me! Race went better than I fully expected it to with next to no practice, default setup in apparently the worst car?!
Think me & Mr Carpenter traded places a few times throughout the race.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
See @Ricardo Macieira, at least I killed myself only... twice... Hope you all had a good race. After my second kiss to the wall in 130R I decided to keep it safe for you all :rolleyes:
Still awesome little battle mate :)

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
all practice sessions during in a week no problem with my game but today it was really horrible night for me.steering and shifting were unusual behaviour.it was totally different.After race started i had only 5-6 laps and i hit the pit barrier because of downshift and sliding.After repair car next lap i hit the wall and i gave up from race. srry my team mate @David Siska bad night for me.

congratz to all survived friends, podium drivers and RSR staffs

cheers.

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies I missed this event due to having no internet atm. Hope it will be fixed soon but can’t guarantee anything.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On a race where I got the best result I could for my pace, P4. There is nothing to complain of :).

I knew from when the race calendar was announced, that Suzuka would be my weakest track.
Historically i've never been particularly good at Suzuka and in ACC this is no different.
Compounding to that, this track does not play to the Nissan strengths as it favours cars with strong Aero Package, which the Nissan lacks and it's by far the track i've tried more things in my setup and i've never been fully happy.

With that being said, my qualifying in P11 was no surprise to me as I knew this would be a tuff race.

In Portugal when we need to get things done despite the odds, we say we need to trincar a lingua, literally 'bite the tongue', so I was in this mode for the race.
Made some last minute setup changes for the race and the car felt pretty good.
I realized I had pace to go up the field but I know Suzuka is impossible to overtake, unless you pile on the pressure and hope for a mistake, so that was what I did with a few guys in front on me, I know one was Nada, and the other I can't remember now but, great battles guys!

Second stint I was +10 behind Puff and 7sec in front of Siska, so it was just managing the distances as i knew i had no pace to get to P3.
Very very happy with the P4.

Now onto Paul Ricard, which is a track I love racing in (trust me guys Paul Ricard is awesome for racing!). I have a feeling we will need our umbrellas there :).
Looking forward to it!

Tks for the race!

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
a drawing of all car at L1

This was a though one, as said its very hard to overtake and I must confess this is the truth.
I made a good battle at start with Dangerous Gianetta and Oz, The porshe driver was gone and in the end of the lap, I saw him kissing the pit wall. Untrill now it s ok i m getting positions thanks to others mistakes. All i had to do was driving correctly, I lost my concentration and made some mistake, i try to get it back and attacking to keep on following Oz, i put a wheel in the grass in the last right turn and lost my positions behind a slower Ferrari, I try to brake earlier to follow him quietly and try to overtake after spoon but entering in spoon i don't know what happened but he suddenly brake so hard that me already in braking couldnt do much and try to go left to avoid contact but he followed my move and the unavoidable contact happened, i stopped waiting for him to see him logging off.
Lost 2 place after putting a wheel in the grass

I am sorry for that punt J.Bekker (i think it was you). I restarted with 3 or 4 car lapping me while i waited, a quick look at remaining time, 1 hour! ok its time for a pit stop to repair those damages. It was quick 34sec, and i m not even last, i exit p18 forgot to heat my tires in the S and got damaged by a porshe that didn't care of cars loosing traction on track, Luckyly for him without getting sent in the barrier (which has been my case). I m a bit disapointed and tempted to drop out, but i continue thinking its not the end of the world after all my car is still driveable. I kept driving and went back to 14th position in the end, starting from p18 i know this could have been a lot better but all in all i had a good time and I am pretty happy with my new wheel.

A special one for the guest driver of today:
Fubi - guest driver on pad

Users who are viewing this thread