Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 4: Suzuka (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 4: Suzuka
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
View attachment 9284
This was a though one, as said its very hard to overtake and I must confess this is the truth.
I made a good battle at start with Dangerous Gianetta and Oz, The porshe driver was gone and in the end of the lap, I saw him kissing the pit wall. Untrill now it s ok i m getting positions thanks to others mistakes. All i had to do was driving correctly, I lost my concentration and made some mistake, i try to get it back and attacking to keep on following Oz, i put a wheel in the grass in the last right turn and lost my positions behind a slower Ferrari, I try to brake earlier to follow him quietly and try to overtake after spoon but entering in spoon i don't know what happened but he suddenly brake so hard that me already in braking couldnt do much and try to go left to avoid contact but he followed my move and the unavoidable contact happened, i stopped waiting for him to see him logging off.
View attachment 9285
I am sorry for that punt J.Bekker (i think it was you). I restarted with 3 or 4 car lapping me while i waited, a quick look at remaining time, 1 hour! ok its time for a pit stop to repair those damages. It was quick 34sec, and i m not even last, i exit p18 forgot to heat my tires in the S and got damaged by a porshe that didn't care of cars loosing traction on track, Luckyly for him without getting sent in the barrier (which has been my case). I m a bit disapointed and tempted to drop out, but i continue thinking its not the end of the world after all my car is still driveable. I kept driving and went back to 14th position in the end, starting from p18 i know this could have been a lot better but all in all i had a good time and I am pretty happy with my new wheel.

A special one for the guest driver of today:
View attachment 9286

its ok. I had to break earlier because i already got severe damage at the start finish straight the lap before when you spun almost after coming out of the chicane. That was unfortunate. In spoon i got so much damage that it took me 2 minutes to get to the pits plus 2:30 repair time. I did continue to drive for a bit but i was so far behind that after 15 minutes of blue flags that i parked it in the pits.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'l write one up.

I went into the race having done one immense lap during practice (00.8), but, if i'm honest with myself, struggling to do consistent 01.4s without track cuts. Degner curves... And then I only had 3-4 hours sleep so was considering pulling out of this one as my concentration levels were very low.

I was very tentative, and qualifying wasn't going spectacularly, until I tried pushing a bit more on the last lap. The improvement was just enough to jump up by a lot of places. I think it has been a theme that there are clusters of drivers VERY close to each other. Yesterday we had 0.09 seconds covering @Battenberg in 8th to @Synystr in 12th. Wow.

Race start, my reflexes were slow, and I had a @flyingspark on my left and a @drukqs on my right. I thought I was lifting as 3 wide never ends well, but similarly to other races and the general driving standard after Monza, I think all of us were careful and I ended up ahead of that group. Still, didn't have the best exit out of spoon, and @drukqs made a great move on the inside of 130R.

A lot of my race was looking behind me, at @Synystr catching me, in looking (far) infront, at @David Siska for the first stint.

I think I was last to pit, so I led my first lap in ACC! Crewchief was super impressed... When I entered the pits I was sure I missed the mark and would get a stop and go, but seems I slowed down just in time.

Came back out in 9th. Think I just had about enough oomf on the new tires to get past @Synystr again, and build a small gap. At one stage I think @Scottmik was struggling a lot, maybe because of the earlier pit? Unfortunately he lost a lot of places. But I lost a lot of time with lapped traffic. Suzuka is such an awkward place to lap. There was even an unfortunate incident with @Havocc where I think lag at the chicane you to get bumped. I lost a lot of time with lapping, and 3 laps from the end @Synystr was poised to overtake, when suddenly he dropped back and he said he got a puncture. Then it was just about getting the car home.

7th was way better than I should have gotten. Some luck with qualifying and the race went a long way. I don't think I would be able to tackle bathhurst with that amount of concentration.

@JetPistol It's crazy to see how fast the AM could go. Congratulations, tremendous drive.

My team mate @hinesy32 continues putting in very consistent results. I think we'd say we are happy with our results thus far. It's hard figuring out where exactly you are due to the scratch result, but we can't be far off.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
View attachment 9284
This was a though one, as said its very hard to overtake and I must confess this is the truth.
I made a good battle at start with Dangerous Gianetta and Oz, The porshe driver was gone and in the end of the lap, I saw him kissing the pit wall. Untrill now it s ok i m getting positions thanks to others mistakes. All i had to do was driving correctly, I lost my concentration and made some mistake, i try to get it back and attacking to keep on following Oz, i put a wheel in the grass in the last right turn and lost my positions behind a slower Ferrari, I try to brake earlier to follow him quietly and try to overtake after spoon but entering in spoon i don't know what happened but he suddenly brake so hard that me already in braking couldnt do much and try to go left to avoid contact but he followed my move and the unavoidable contact happened, i stopped waiting for him to see him logging off.
View attachment 9285
I am sorry for that punt J.Bekker (i think it was you). I restarted with 3 or 4 car lapping me while i waited, a quick look at remaining time, 1 hour! ok its time for a pit stop to repair those damages. It was quick 34sec, and i m not even last, i exit p18 forgot to heat my tires in the S and got damaged by a porshe that didn't care of cars loosing traction on track, Luckyly for him without getting sent in the barrier (which has been my case). I m a bit disapointed and tempted to drop out, but i continue thinking its not the end of the world after all my car is still driveable. I kept driving and went back to 14th position in the end, starting from p18 i know this could have been a lot better but all in all i had a good time and I am pretty happy with my new wheel.

A special one for the guest driver of today:
View attachment 9286
I was 3s ahead of you and went wide at hairpin, luckily you did the same at the turn under the bridge the next lap :D

Users who are viewing this thread