Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 5: Paul Ricard (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 5: Paul Ricard
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, August 9, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, August 9, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im racing today but ill arrive just before briefing.cya later

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay, thought I was going to race tonight, but based on the amount of driving that lies ahead and was done this week I'm going to sit this one out and Foster some goodwill. This can be my strike result. Sorry guys.

TornavidaBerk

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I won't be racing. I couldn't finish the project and not be at home tonight. Good luck to participants.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to need the reply.

Really annoyed, lap 2, wiped out by 3 wide at 170mph, severe suspension damage. Recovery drive to P17.

Last edited:

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
My sincere apologies @hinesy32 as i think i caused that crash after the long back straight. I shouldn't have went there on the outside i am really sorry about that gutted that i ruined you're race:(

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My sincere apologies @hinesy32 as i think i caused that crash after the long back straight. I shouldn't have went there on the outside i am really sorry about that gutted that i ruined you're race:(

Yea, wasn't a great move by you. Race was ruined then, but hey these things happen. No hard feelings :)

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea, wasn't a great move by you. Race was ruined then, but hey these things happen. No hard feelings :)

Thats putting it mildly,was downright stupid of me, i don't know what i was thinking. I wasn't even planning to overtake, i just wanted to keep the momentum to the next corner and maybe get inside cut. Again im sorry, lesson learned i hope.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here are the replay files, I think I got all of it.

Replay: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t_rO4vlqHZLlVO-R2uOgE6TY9g6pev3i?usp=sharing

Frustrating race for me, but very fun at times. The opening battle was brilliant, but I had a big moment in disturbed air (or maybe a curb?) that put me out of the fight. I struggled with consistency, and especially with braking in the longer sweeping turns. I eventually figured out that my ABS settings were too high, resulting in some odd car behaviour. It became a lot more predictable with it turned low, a valuable bit of experience gained there I guess.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
well,
this time i will kill you @Battenberg :) where was rain . :)
congratz to podium drivers , all joined friends and RSR staffs
qualfy was not bad 10 place
race started cleanly and in the first lap i got 8th place after some laps i got 5th place wow .
my pace was 1 sec slower than front drivers and i tried to keep my pace and defence to behind drivers.
everything was going well even after pit . 2 cars was on battle behind me .they catch me lol crazy we turned 3 wide :)
then they passed me .i tried catch them but they were really focus to race .
i finshed the race 7th place. i really enjoyed all minutes of race .
good night all of you.
cheers.

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations to #91 Porsche for the win!

As I mentioned earlier, didn’t practice much for this race as I thought I wouldn’t be able to join. So I was very surprised to manage a 1:55.3 in quali, in practice I could go no higher than mid 56. Unfortunately lost connection to the server due to my own fault so had to start last from the pits.

Managed to gain positions thanks to guys involved in accidents & making mistakes initially. After the pitstop I was around P10, after some laps I got close to the battle for P5 at that time. Middleton in the Aston had the advantage of fresher tires so unless they weren’t losing time through battling I wasn’t catching up.

Then @Dangerous Gianetta seemed to have a moment and he went down to P7 or P8, but my front tires were done and I made a mistake in T2 resulting in drive through for track limits.

After I served the penalty I was back to P10 and just cruised to the end.

I would say it was a bit messy race from me, although it can be explained by lack of practice, I’m still not happy about my DT, I should’ve been more careful on used tires.
It was funny to see people I was catching up making mistakes, tonight it was racing the track as much as the other drivers, which should be the case again next round.

As usual I learned from this race. Front tire wear was massive but didn’t foresee it as I barely had 20 laps of practice. Default setup was good but if I knew it would get like this, I would’ve dialled back the understeer. On the other hand it was safe to race with very little practice. So, thanks Kunos for very decent setup :p

Looking forward to the next one!

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
well,
this time i will kill you @Battenberg :) where was rain . :)
congratz to podium drivers , all joined friends and RSR staffs
qualfy was not bad 10 place
race started cleanly and in the first lap i got 8th place after some laps i got 5th place wow .
my pace was 1 sec slower than front drivers and i tried to keep my pace and defence to behind drivers.
everything was going well even after pit . 2 cars was on battle behind me .they catch me lol crazy we turned 3 wide :)
then they passed me .i tried catch them but they were really focus to race .
i finshed the race 7th place. i really enjoyed all minutes of race .
good night all of you.
cheers.

Thanks for letting me by in the end mate, much appreciated.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a great race i had! P1 qualifying and P2 race (and P1/2 for RSR Red) i'm very, very happy with that, specially as I arrived 10min before briefing and i did not pracc during the week.

Anyway as mentioned, i Qualified P1: which i was very happy with: top 5 were very close so i was expecting a demanding race.

After a few laps both me and @Puffpirat got a good gap on the other contenders so it was clearly between me and him.
What's cool about this bigger races is that we can understand where are your strengths and weakness:

Soon i realized, I was slightly faster/equal to Puff on Sector 1, my Nissan was faster in the Mistral Straight and Puffy was clearly faster on the last sector with the agile Porsche, so i knew where I needed to defend or not make mistakes :).
The right hander after the big right hander after the straight was where puffy had better chances to get me and he eventually did mid-Stint 1, but the very next lap, my V6 Turbo breezed past the Porsche GP2 engine in the straight so i was back in P1.
Eventually a few laps before pitting i made a mistake on the same corner, and Puff got P1 back.
Our paces were very similar so i knew this would go down to the wire.

I tried to undercut him, and it worked (altough aparently he messed up his pit stop), so when he left the pits i was 2.5 Sec in front.

However, first lap of the second stint, i got my 3rd Track Limit warning, all of them on Sector 1, by silly over-agressiveness on the kerbs, so i needed to be a bit more careful to not get a DT and there were still 45min to go!

Puffy seemed to find another gear on the second stint and was pulling monster laps, while i did not find my pace in the start of the second stint: it was just a matter of time, for Puffy to do another move in the same place as before and he managed to get a 3sec lead.

Eventually in the last 10min i started slowly closing in again (interesting how tyres were such a big part in this race for us) and i managed to get back to 2 seconds when the race ended: P2!

Congratz Puffy, really, really fun race and i'm glad we'll be teammates in the SimGrid championship.

Sadly, I'm unsure if i'll be able to make it to Bathurst as it is my favourite track in game, but we shall see.

GR everyone!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Merc just couldn't make it through slow corners with that huge wheelbase and huge engine on the front, also top speed on straight wasn't as good as expected (273-274 kph)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Paul Ricard.jpg
I am pretty happy with my race tonight, i was expecting worse from my end, but i don't know i could feel and read my car very clearly this time and had a real good start from 16 to 10 just behind my teammate, I choose to cruise behind him and not attempt any stupid move. I pass him in the straight and we contrinue to chase the others. Then i lost him from my mirror (did he pit? is everything ok for him?) I dont have time to figure it out i have to fight with Franck Nadaa and his Lexus, this lasted untill he went to the pit, a little bit forced by the kiss we made in the last right turn. I choose to continue and try to get the place in the pit. I lost some place and get out back in 10th position and then had to cruise with a backmakers in my back untill the checkered flag.
paulricard lexus.jpg

Attachments

• paulricard ferrari.jpg
    paulricard ferrari.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 296

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Merc just couldn't make it through slow corners with that huge wheelbase and huge engine on the front, also top speed on straight wasn't as good as expected (273-274 kph)

Interesting, i thought the merc would be one of the fastest. Maybe was setup?

I was running 0 wing on the Nissan, hit 278Kph

Users who are viewing this thread