Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Round 1: Nürburgring (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Round 1: Nürburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, October 4, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, October 4, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
RSR_PRD_S4 - Round 1.png

Class: GT4
Track: Nürburgring

Date: Sunday, 4th October 2020
17:00 UTC / 13:00 EDT - Optional Practice
18:00 UTC / 14:00 EDT - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:10 UTC / 14:10 EDT - Qualifying
18:30 UTC / 14:30 EDT - Race

General
Time Progression:2x
Weather Progression:Dynamic
Weekend Weather Forecast:50% Chance of Rain
Track Limits: Handled by the game
Mandatory Pitstop:Mandatory Tyre Change (70 min Pit Window)

Qualifying
Duration:15 Minutes
Start Time:14:00

Race
Duration:90 Minutes
Start Time:15:00

Starting Procedure: In-Game Rolling Start. Pay attention and follow the instructions given by the game.

Nurburgring.png

Server Info
Name: RSR PRD Blancpain Challenge #PracticeServer
Name:
RSR PRD Blancpain Challenge #RaceServer
Password:
accrevolution

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Main Driver
Reserve Driver

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Scrub questions
  1. how do I setup a session with "chance of rain". No matter what settings I use it always seems to start my quick race like its already been chucking it down.
  2. Does anyone know how to stop VR rending water patches (in heavier rain) as white pixelly rubbish. Honestly, its hard enough to get ACC running acceptably in VR. Low frame rate + tearing + white pixel track = no fun

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Scrub questions

1. Does anyone know how to stop VR rending water patches (in heavier rain) as white pixelly rubbish. Honestly, its hard enough to get ACC running acceptably in VR. Low frame rate + tearing + white pixel track = no fun
I have nice VR performance. I can send you my settings if you want. But that depends what PC hardware you have.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Scrub questions
  1. how do I setup a session with "chance of rain". No matter what settings I use it always seems to start my quick race like its already been chucking it down.
  2. Does anyone know how to stop VR rending water patches (in heavier rain) as white pixelly rubbish. Honestly, its hard enough to get ACC running acceptably in VR. Low frame rate + tearing + white pixel track = no fun

Tortellini youtube video
Tortellini has his VR settings available for download in the description, might be worth a try.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Res Scale on minimum (think 65%) is the big one. No other setting gives more performance boost.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Res Scale on minimum (think 65%) is the big one. No other setting gives more performance boost.
But does that degrade picture too much?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Strangely not really no. I mean the quality isn’t great in ACC VR anyway so you won’t notice xD and you can increase supersampling and get a clearer picture than having res scale and ss on 100%.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Strangely not really no. I mean the quality isn’t great in ACC VR anyway so you won’t notice xD and you can increase supersampling and get a clearer picture than having res scale and ss on 100%.
Using 1080Ti. I already use 70% with 1.4 forced supersampling via Oculus Tools (a reddit recommendation). I'm already struggling with screen tearing. Though I do suspect the rest of my PC is not as good as the card.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd recommend using Steam VR mode, even with the Oculus headsets, it's just running better for me.
Also, I don't have any issues with my 1060, since I have upgraded my CPU. The game is quite CPU limited, so I'd try to lower some CPU related settings as well.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you forcing ASW on? I had to just settle for a consistent 45fps when I used VR with this game. I could get 90 when lapping alone, but had no chance with cars on track, especially online.

Other things you can try if you havent already is to lower visible cars to ~14 or so, mirror quality and distance low AF, shadows lowest, pretty much everything except AA, and texture quality to low or medium.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It will be fun when the reverb g2 comes out and requires a 3090 :D

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Pimax 8KX is already requiring a 3090, I think.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
It will be fun when the reverb g2 comes out and requires a 3090 :D
Don't fall for that....the 3090 is not for gamers

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
It's for crypto mining :D
Not exactly... there are dedicated expansion cards for that nowadays. It's for workstations, 3D rendering and animation. The performance gain in gaming over the 3080 is like 10-15%, depending on the game and the resolution settings... also 8K is a lie, if you haven't caught up with the benchmarks available

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not exactly... there are dedicated expansion cards for that nowadays. It's for workstations, 3D rendering and animation. The performance gain in gaming over the 3080 is like 10-15%, depending on the game and the resolution settings... also 8K is a lie, if you haven't caught up with the benchmarks available
Well, the Titan line is what you described, but the 3090 isn't a real Titan, because some reviews shows that they are disabled some of the features the last Titan had. It's called a "Gaming Titan" but isn't actually a Titan, and isn't actually for gaming. So it's a big nono.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Titan soonish.
Don't get the 3090, it's a cashgrab.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I probably won’t be home in time for this race as I’m away for the weekend :(

Users who are viewing this thread