Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Round 2: Hungaroring (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Round 2: Hungaroring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Bruh :dead:,

I haven't had such a long race since the release of pCARS2. Quite destroying in the end.
I hadn't done a race with pitstops in ACC yet, for obvious reasons... Mainly them being long but still.
As the car was newest to me, I had some trouble keeping pace. But I soon got near to some heavy cars as their tyres started wearing out.

The lack of fluentness with the UI gave me a lot of mistakes, as I obviously forgot to turn damage repairs off before the start... Waiting for my pitcrew 2m too far ahead didn't help much either... Cost me a good fight with Pierre and Riccardo... :banghead:

Also sorry for the guy whom I bumped when lapping me. Yes, you were right it was not the easiest place to give space but please don't let me contemplate that when you are still not clear of me.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Very interesting race for me last night. Had many battles. I came just in time for half of qually, without much practice (I don't like much Hungaroring track), and tried just to enjoy myself without to spoil anyone's race, but qually went great... I was 8th. Surprisingly for me. But I have to say that I really "feel" the car in ACC, it's lateral inertia mostly and tyres grip so I can go faster in corner than in other games (PC2, or AC...).
Start went OK, I stick with cars in front until 6th-7th minute when my lack of practice started to interfere with my driving :confused: and in 9:53 @Daz Oz hit me in back and spun me in turn 12 so I lost 4-5 places, but luckily didn't have much damage so continue.
Then with every next lap I got better and better feel for track and corners (mostly 2,4,5,9 and 11) where I stared to gain times way better than in my "practice" before.
"Funny" thing came from 15th minute until end, I noticed that I will ran out of fuel so I slowed down maybe 2-3 secs per lap just to try to lower fuel consumption because I saw that nearest drivers is 7 secs away and then @Battenberg (didn't know before that you are T. Young :) ) catch me 2-3 laps before the end. I didn't have other than to hope that I will have enough fuel and push gas pedal again.
I finished with 0.8l in reservoir :D

P.S.
Does anyone know hot to record HUD in VR recording? I have oculus rift, and my mirror image on monitor doesn't have HUD. Also it seems that recorded video is a bit somehow too small(?)?

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, round summary.
This track, I just can't get into rhythm on it, in any given car. I didn't do that much practice because of that reason. So I was expecting a hard round.
Qualifying went much better then expected, put my car into the middle of the grid.
The first 2/3rd of the race went as expected, my consistency was all over the place, as I didn't have the rhythm of the night track, so I was slowly moving backwards. But with a late pitstop, much fresher rubber, I smelled blood in the water, as @flyingspark and @T.rev.1 weren't far up on the road. I've enjoyed the little battle we had for 11th. My car was running with max wing, so I was low on top speed compared to the other 2, but I had the best pace thanks to the fresh rubber, so I was the quickest. I had to get creative to get past, and I think here came my extended track knowledge, surprising Spark in Turn 11 and setting up a move on T.rev in the same corner a few laps later.
Also, please tell me, that a Camaro out cornering the Cayman and the Vantage isn't looking just wrong:
Sorry for the potato quality, I have my game set up for VR, and for the potato editing, wasn't really point of the clip.

The absolute positive of the round was the car, I was able to drive so close to the limit on the exit of the corners all race long. I just need to learn the breaking points :confused:

I'm really looking forward to Laguna Seca now ;)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Did anyone get a replay file for the last half of the race?
Yes

edit: tried to upload to resources a file containing last 75 mins of race and qualify but i get the "file too big" error @Battenberg

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
P.S.
Does anyone know hot to record HUD in VR recording? I have oculus rift, and my mirror image on monitor doesn't have HUD. Also it seems that recorded video is a bit somehow too small(?)?
Yep, you need to look in your Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics folder, run and record oculus mirror instead of the game. Also you can add an option if you make a shortcut to record the right eye instead of the left which will give you a slightly better viewing position by adding "--RightEyeOnly" onto the end.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Race Rep Hungary. Once again Congrats to the Podium Places and many thanks to Admins. What a race, it was a tuff race no rain dry, although i was not dry at the end. Quali 14th could of been better, pushing to hard made some mistakes. Lost a couple of places on the start but got back up to 12th and stayed there for a while having a good race got up to 8th at one point due to pit stops. @flyingspark hounded me the whole race again!!! @Nada, @Daz Oz where behind me at one point, we just let these fast drivers go. After pits L34, got up to P11 and stayed there chased by @flyinspark until @benimi caught me L41 with 8 Laps fresher tires, he got past on L44 race finished L45. So a really good race for me finished P12. Sorry to @benimi for the door handle contact that we had when you got past. Good pass, cut back, and to anyone that I may have squeezed too much sorry. Well done to my team mate @Dama_The_Crow WE ARE THE TOP TEAM after 2 rounds (joint with FlyHavocc) ;) o_O

Last edited:

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, round summary.
This track, I just can't get into rhythm on it, in any given car. I didn't do that much practice because of that reason. So I was expecting a hard round.
Qualifying went much better then expected, put my car into the middle of the grid.
The first 2/3rd of the race went as expected, my consistency was all over the place, as I didn't have the rhythm of the night track, so I was slowly moving backwards. But with a late pitstop, much fresher rubber, I smelled blood in the water, as @flyingspark and @T.rev.1 weren't far up on the road. I've enjoyed the little battle we had for 11th. My car was running with max wing, so I was low on top speed compared to the other 2, but I had the best pace thanks to the fresh rubber, so I was the quickest. I had to get creative to get past, and I think here came my extended track knowledge, surprising Spark in Turn 11 and setting up a move on T.rev in the same corner a few laps later.
Also, please tell me, that a Camaro out cornering the Cayman and the Vantage isn't looking just wrong:
Sorry for the potato quality, I have my game set up for VR, and for the potato editing, wasn't really point of the clip.

The absolute positive of the round was the car, I was able to drive so close to the limit on the exit of the corners all race long. I just need to learn the breaking points :confused:

I'm really looking forward to Laguna Seca now ;)
Yes you were quicker. It took you 4 laps with 8 Laps fresher rubber than me and @flyingspark. Good racing well done sorry about the contact we had.

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
805550_20201021191932_1.png
Hungaroring, another circuit that I enjoy racing on. Even if my car wasn't the fastest, I am still pretty happy with my race.
Its been a quiet start for me, avoiding the other car that made mistake or got pushed and following the huge Camaro in front of me.
I struggle to pass him his car seems to have more power than mine. Damn I ve got a Porsche why this US heavyweight seems to afaster on acceleration that the move i made to get out with more speed doesnt help to pass him, or i dont do enough. Keep concentrating and finally i can make the move.
805550_20201021193300_1.png
Lost so much time in the fight to pass that I already have the lap1 spinner on my back. Lets try to keep the position but this is too dangerous he is attacking so hard that i let him pass.
805550_20201021192522_1.png

The race is ongoing and the weather seems to get better, so no rain is coming. My fuel allow me to get to pit when i feel it and choose to go around the middle of the race to keep same tires compound and add some fuel to be able to finish the race.
I get out in p15 if i remember well and started to push a bit and did my best lap of 1:54:98, finally i went down the 1:55. Am still way slower than lots of driver there but i could finish 9th, if my memory is not failing me again.
805550_20201021193741_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread