Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I think this has definitely been “over-hyped” imo. From all of the adverts etc it looked to be something that would just be amazing, but from what I have seen it doesn’t look very promising. I guess we will have to see what else they have for us over the coming updates.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's £17.99 from GreenManGaming right now - link

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Same price on CDKeys also.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Only nurbugring (not nos) and huracan gt3 available for now, did few laps last night, graphics engine could use a lot of optimization coz game looks worse than original AC and runs a lot less smooth especially in replays even without rain

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
My summary of the first release. Probably most of it will be fixed but this is the xurrenc state IMO:
  • Graphics are nice but somehow in cockpit view the sharpness of objects further than 100m is poor, creating jaggies and hard to read brakemarkers. However AMD has not yet released drivers for ACC.
  • Sound is very nice, very immersive. Can mix all the volumes to your own liking to reach the most realistic balance.
  • FFB is currently very underwhelming. Very little information about the car behaviour and mostly only blunt resistance and road texture. Hard to feel nuances in the carsc grip and behaviour.
  • UI and presentation solid and understandable.
  • Car behaviour is not something I encountered before in rFactor 2 and Pcars 2. Let's say it is different. Once accustomed it's drivable but hard since you miss a lot of information.
  • The rating system is a nice touch and can help newcomers to the genre.
So much to improve but some solid foundation. I bought since I was not willing to pay 45 euro for only GT3 cars on less than a dozen tracks but 25 is a solid deal.

GamerMuscle has an Impression video for ACC and it mirrors my experience, he calls himself an AC fanboy but he is disappointed with this early access compared to AC's early acces. I found that other similar YouTube channels were more positive which I found that I do not agree with.

I have no have any bias towards any sim, I just want to drive what feels good and gives me fun.

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing for me was did anyone notice the input lag when driving? Because that bothered me a lot. I pretty much have the same gripes as everyone else. So I guess we will just have to wait a bit longer and see what they change. It also bothered me that the actual track and kerbs looked odd as if it was too narrow for both. Looking back at some pictures I took from last year this seems to be case. I don't have that feeling with pCars or iRacing. Proper triple screens support needs to be fixed.

Either way I will wait for the next update then check it out again and see how it's progressed but they have a lot of work to do.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing for me was did anyone notice the input lag when driving? Because that bothered me a lot. I pretty much have the same gripes as everyone else. So I guess we will just have to wait a bit longer and see what they change. It also bothered me that the actual track and kerbs looked odd as if it was too narrow for both. Looking back at some pictures I took from last year this seems to be case. I don't have that feeling with pCars or iRacing. Proper triple screens support needs to be fixed.

Either way I will wait for the next update then check it out again and see how it's progressed but they have a lot of work to do.

Yes I noticed it as well, first I thought it was the Radeon Overlay creating some issues but multiple people are reporting it. Let's see what the future holds, it should only get better.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
in the forums i read something that running the game in fullscreen mode can fix that, as far as i know the game runs in borderless window on default

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Tested the 0.1.0 for myself. The experience can be described as horrible. Definitely do not buy in this state.
  • Bad Force Feedback, nowhere near rFactor 2 and even a lot worse than Project CARS 2 / iRacing
  • Stormy Conditions are undrivable, litterally, with wet setup
  • If you start to spin, its not recoverable
  • There seems also to be some problems with Traction Control
  • Beautiful graphics though, but they need to work a bit on the rain spray, less cloudly more spray it should be
  • Input devices can't be mixed (no I couldn't assign keyboard keys to my profile)
  • Really weird FOV and seat settings
And ofc a lot of bugs (ie. yellow flags, AI) and WIP stuff (ie. HUD). Yes I know it is 0.1.0 - will wait until 0.9.0 and see then again. Until then, this stays uninstalled and erased from my computer.

@t0daY or @Dutchtastic how about renaming this thread to "Assetto Corsa Competizione"

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you want to have an epileptic seizure
- Storm
- Night
- Flash button whilst in spray

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
If you want to have an epileptic seizure
- Storm
- Night
- Flash button whilst in spray
I couldn't get the normal headlights to work, nor did the AI's work.
And yes the flashing is a bit crazy, still it looks really nice

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I read something about having to disable AI cars to get headlights to work (or something like that)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had to stop trying it. The in car FOV is weird and was actually making me nauseous. I ran the game in Fullscreen but still noticed the input lag. No button to turn off the in-game wheel either plus lots of HUD options missing. My HUD is stuck to the right monitor with no way of moving it to the center screen.

Edit: Found out why things look weird. It's because the game is not running true triple screen support. It's stretching the image!:banghead:

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fullscreen for me made my monitor flickering green. Furthermore once again you see how much biased Jimmy Broadbendt is.

He likes the ffb, so much better than pC2 and the AI is so awesome compared to pC2.

I can agree with all points you said @Nighttiger, it is not the holy grail at all.

Interesting to see what they pull out of it until release.

Edit: Found out why things look weird. It's because the game is not running true triple screen support. It's stretching the image!:banghead:

Ouch^^

And every normal Blancpain race would see the Red flag in these storm conditions oO

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
And every normal Blancpain race would see the Red flag in these storm conditions oO
You also aquaplain on main straight and spin like crazy?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
from what i've read is, that Jimmy, GM, SRP etc. made their videos with version 0.0.7, and from there to the public version a lot of things seem to gone broken

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK so my brief encounter with this game so far
  • Graphics are nice personally i think view distance is pretty good and the surroundings are brill and the car detail is decent track detail is pretty cool too
  • Sound is ruddy good imo .the poping of the exhausts is cool
  • FFB is something to be desired i have it at a point it feels ok but with lack of some ffb input in certain areas its hard to judge it fairly
this is after all version 1 beta and cant expect it to be amazing out the box but from what i experienced in my short time on it is that it has a lot of potential to be a really good sim

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Graphics are nice personally i think view distance is pretty good

Get glasses then. The view distance is utterly shit xD Thats a UE4 issue which is hunting the engine it selfs for several years now :/

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
VR :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread