Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those holding out hope for proper triple-screen support (@2scoops @falcon2081 @t0daY et al), it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon due to the Unreal Engine being used (it's not even supported in the current version in use) :

Kunos said:
"from what we understand and from what Epic is telling us, a trivial implementation would result in unacceptable FPS, in order to achieve decent FPS a deep hacking into the engine would be required and sadly we're currently not structured to attempt that as first priority.
Hopefully we'll find a way to get triple screen in ACC in the future."
followed up with
Kunos said:
However we are trying a screen space distortion effect that should mitigate the problem while retaining acceptable frame rate

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those holding out hope for proper triple-screen support (@2scoops @falcon2081 @t0daY et al), it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon due to the Unreal Engine being used (it's not even supported in the current version in use) :

followed up with
Ultrawide ftw! :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Makes it easy, time to uninstall

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Makes it easy, time to uninstall
Wow, uninstalling the sim with the probably best physics, sounds and visuals because of non existing *native* triple screen setup...

Ok, different folks, different strokes, but as far as I understand you can play this game on triple screens, you just need to adjust the Nvidia driver and get a little bit stretched picture :pigeon:

Anyways, only 26 days left until release and I'm really looking forward to it :D

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sure, it's playable, just as Project CARS 1 was playable without it, but if you have proper triple-screen working in "insert name of other favourite sim" then the lack of support is going to be jarring.

As for uninstalling, the lack of triple-screen could be the straw that broke the camel's back for Dutch, he may have other reasons too (I don't know that, I'm just speculating).

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sure, it's playable, just as Project CARS 1 was playable without it, but if you have proper triple-screen working in "insert name of other favourite sim" then the lack of support is going to be jarring.

As for uninstalling, the lack of triple-screen could be the straw that broke the camel's back for Dutch, he may have other reasons too (I don't know that, I'm just speculating).
I'm not criticizing anyone, you can play or not play, install or uninstall this game how you want, I'm completely fine with that.
I'm only saying that it is beyond me, that you are uninstalling this game because it has no native triple screen support as this would never stop me personally to play and enjoy this awesome sim :)

I'm having issues on my side aswell as this game is pretty heavy on hardware performance in VR. So I have to run this in 45fps mode without ASW (because it's bugged on Oculus side) and fairly low GfX settings. Also there are still issues with the Kerbs and TC on kerbs and so on.
But are those issues stopping me to enjoy the game? Definitely not, but thats my personal feeling and maybe for others that's too much compromise, which is, like I said, completely fine :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can appreciate a good game and I certainly enjoyed it when it was a project. I understand the limitations that come with the unreal engine, but you shouldn't release a game or sim without triple support and call it "finished". Especially with limited content that ACC offers, you should work on that before releasing it. Once that's added might re-install it, but I don't want to race and have 2 unused monitors.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can appreciate a good game and I certainly enjoyed it when it was a project. I understand the limitations that come with the unreal engine, but you shouldn't release a game or sim without triple support and call it "finished". Especially with limited content that ACC offers, you should work on that before releasing it. Once that's added might re-install it, but I don't want to race and have 2 unused monitors.
Like I said, I think it's possible to change the nvidia settings and then all three monitors are being used but you will get a streched picture. Don't know how much the picture is stretched as I don't use Triple screens.
And Kunos is already working on a Feature to get a unstrechted picture without native support :)

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to completly reset the game to its default state ?
Tried to play it in Quick Race mode, i have around 1/3 fps even with minimum settings everywhere, when going in epic in hotstint or whatever solo mode gives me around 40 fps... There is definitly something wrong there :/
This wasn't the case before last major update (0.7) but i hadn't tried the game since

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can try to rename the Config folder in /Documents/Assetto Corsa Competitione ? Else i think reinstall with remove of complete ACC folder in documents

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Found it, just deleted the two config folders :
The one in "My documents" named Assetto corsa competizione
The second is a bit more hidden, to find it type %localappdata% in your explorer and delete the AC2 folder.
Hope this can help other people ! I can now run the game at 60 fps ...

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Driver swaps coming for ACC 1.0. :)

And a lot of other cool stuff for MP.

TL;DR;
1) Competition Rating is now active, and introduce a new "Competition Server" type. Given quite high SA requirements, you can join those servers to compete with other users in more serious races.
2) The Competition Rating (CP) now unlocks with Racecraft Rating (RC), no need to grind 50 RC in order to compete in the new Competition servers.
3) New "Quick Access Multiplayer Menu" - Quickjoin into Public Multiplayer, enter the Competiton servers - or advance to the old server list.
4) Max server capacity changed: It now linearily depends on rating requirements set up for this server. 45 SA equals 24 cars, 70+ SA can run 30 cars.
5) Entry list options for server admins and leagues.
6) Teams and corresponding driver swaps can now be configured by server admins.
7) Specator mode is now active: Server admins can setup spectatorSlots and the password to use, which joins a server without car.
8) First Race director commands.
9) Broadcasting API is active again.
10) Better information about session and countdown during race preparation phase.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lots of homework to be done for tomorrow :D I wonder what 'appearance' means? Custom liveries and team name maybe?

Screenshot_20190528-095011~2.png

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Regarding appearance, it reads more to me that whatever the user joins with, the server can force them to run with a specific car and, with that, the correct livery and driver outfit for that car as per the original in the Blancpain series.

Users who are viewing this thread