Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that car is a bitch imo there. I can feel the front losing grip all the time. I did it in 11:47 or something.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that car is a bitch imo there. I can feel the front losing grip all the time. I did it in 11:47 or something.
Did you just insult my beloved car?

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Think that says more about our different driving styles :D

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to qualify for the SRO esports doing the hotstint at spa? What times are you doing?
Im at 11:53ish, first place is 11:34 (that's over 5 laps). Im doing around 2:22 to 23 lap times. That means four seconds per lap slower. o_O :blackalien::greyalien: pretty alien
Tried the event yesterday for the first time and I have to say, that feels a little bit weird to me... Normally I'm loosing about a 1 second per lap on the special events to the fastest aliens, but on this one I'm loosing more than 3 seconds per lap... Was doing 21 to 22, perfect lap for me was a 21 flat, still almost 2 seconds :-(

Ran the aggressive preset and changed brake bias to 63, TC to 3 and ABS to 3 before I got of the line.

As @Jeff[NL] said, the amout of understeer even at the aggressive is killing me also, holy sweet lord. Couldn't take one corner in my Lexus on Zolder afterwards, because I always cutted the corners on the INSIDE after the Aston...

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haha I had exact the same. The Aston is a curb eater tho. Really need to use the curbs imo to get the nose in the right spot so you can go early on the throttle else it is so amazing slow in corners. What was your total time @Exited?

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried the event aswell, but it said I need to register, but I think my laptimes were around 22 aswell. And I tried it only once and I don't really care :D:D. The sound of that V12 is awesome but I wasn't really a fan of Aston in all games :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haha I had exact the same. The Aston is a curb eater tho. Really need to use the curbs imo to get the nose in the right spot so you can go early on the throttle else it is so amazing slow in corners. What was your total time @Exited?
Yeah, compared to the Lexus it feels like you are driving a vintage Mustang or so on vintage wooden tyres, which don't like corners at all...

Think my best was a 11.49, but I wasn't able to get one run without a massive code brown moment in Eau Rouge which always costed me around 2 secs...

Got quite confident with the Kerbs after couple of runs, especially at Les Combes it felt like you need to be really hard on the kerbs to be somewhat fast. A corner where I struggled quite a bit was surprisingly Pouhon. I was either much to slow or much to fast and missing the apex quite a bit because of the understeer, FML...

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting what you faster drivers think of the Aston. I thought it felt stable, turn in was slow for sure, but that's what made it feel stable. Hitting kerbs on the apex feel like driving on ice to me....

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting what you faster drivers think of the Aston. I thought it felt stable, turn in was slow for sure, but that's what made it feel stable. Hitting kerbs on the apex feel like driving on ice to me....
Yeah it was stable for sure.... Even on curbs ( I always drive on safe preset. V12 is only positive imo on this car or I need to do a hell lot more laps to master it more

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, after all the complaining in the official forum about the cars at Spa and how unstable they are I was really surprised about the Aston, because it was super stable for me from L1. But the price for that stability is for sure the understeer in every situation, low speed/mid speed/high corners all the same for me.
With the Kerbs... Try to ride them with very little steering angle applied. Try to get the corners a little bit different, when you know, you wanna ride a kerb hard. Keep the car a little bit more straight, then turn in a little bit harder than usual, make more angle, open up the steering and then hit kerb.

Got it down to 11:47.8. Lap times pretty consistent at around 2:21.5.
Thats pretty decent tbh. You should be around P100 of 1000 drivers who participated or?

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'm around P150. GF jokingly promised I could go to Belgium if I make it top 12. Prob not gonna be able to take advantage of that offer. :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

What the fkn f*ck f*uck... Consistent 2.18, how? ...

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steering input looks like a pretty fast steering ratio to me (applied through the driver of the wheelbase). Apart from that, it's very clean driving with excellent throttle control. Every fucking lap is invalid, though. But who cares if the detection is the same for everyone. x)

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That chapter must be missing in your book. It’s not cutting if the game doesn’t detect it ;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steering input looks like a pretty fast steering ratio to me (applied through the driver of the wheelbase). Apart from that, it's very clean driving with excellent throttle control. Every fucking lap is invalid, though. But who cares if the detection is the same for everyone. x)
Steering, brake and throttle control are just perfect to me. He is so fkn fast (probably the fastest guy in ACC out there atm) but his driving looks so clean. Always on the edge, but the car does not slide, no power oversteer etc.

Yeah, it's a little bit annoying that you can't even change TC, ABS, BB and most important steering ratio in the setup menu. I always lower the steering ratio from default because for me it is much too slow and I need too much steering wheel angle :-(

I don't mind the cuts and extensions. It's the same for everyone and tbh very minor. It's not like he is going straight over the hill at Radillion and in No Name corner he isn't close to the wall :)

Users who are viewing this thread