Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am a bit i dont know...dissapointed....Tried some laps with my old time fav Porsche on Nurnbergring and well they changed its behouvior or something or its something else i cant do more then 2 stable laps anymore the rear just says goodbye and goes his own way. Also the curbs....cant feel them anymore feels like they are to weak now or can i change settings somewhere?
It was recommended to up your FFB gain a little bit like 5% or so to feel the kerbs more again.
To me the Porsche was pretty good for me at Brands Hatch. Maybe try to up the ride height a little little bit because they reworked to lateral tire flex which causes the car to go a little bit down when the tire flexes in lateral direction. Maybe your diffusor stalled or so :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i tried that maybe not enough ride height added... anyway i need to fix my setup to make it work again ? I was happy with the old default damnit.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i tried that maybe not enough ride height added... anyway i need to fix my setup to make it work again ? I was happy with the old default damnit.
softer rear stiffer front suspension maybe?

deadmeat2k

Community Member
Reaction score
I am a bit i dont know...dissapointed....Tried some laps with my old time fav Porsche on Nurnbergring and well they changed its behouvior or something or its something else i cant do more then 2 stable laps anymore the rear just says goodbye and goes his own way. Also the curbs....cant feel them anymore feels like they are to weak now or can i change settings somewhere?

About the feel of curbs: Try to crank up Road Effects setting under FFB and find a point to your liking. Obviously you will also get some increased FFB from other aspects such as general road texture. Another thing to try out is to dial down Dynamic damping if you have this applied. Depending on your wheel this could allow some finer road FFB effects to step forward in the overall FFB feel (if that phrasing made sense :rolleyes:).
Post automatically merged:

On another note, the hot fix targets for 1.0.8 has surfaced on the official ACC forum. I found the following to be particular good news:

- in the longer run, we will be looking at revising the formation sequence in Multiplayer.
This might take more time due to the many corner cases a more complex system brings with itself

This is not the same as to say we will in fact have this implemented in 1.0.8 but at least now they are giving the problem some love at Kunos. To my experience the current start sequence is exploited by at least one car in every MP race I attend.

Last edited:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I tested most of the cars yesterday and suprisingly enough @Jeff[NL] you say the Porsche is bad for you, for me it's actually driveable now :woot:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I tested most of the cars yesterday and suprisingly enough @Jeff[NL] you say the Porsche is bad for you, for me it's actually driveable now :woot:
I found that aswell that I can now drive the porsche facing the right way :D

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haha omg well that's strange.... Maybe I need to do some more hours in it to get used to 1.0.7

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe they implemented some "Jeffnerf coefficient" to slow you down a bit :D

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One big thing I noticed in the update is that I have a feeling you can be much smoother now, probably due to the car not being A N G E R Y every time it goes on a 1 milimetre bump

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One big thing I noticed in the update is that I have a feeling you can be much smoother now, probably due to the car not being A N G E R Y every time it goes on a 1 milimetre bump
I heard ANGRY?

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I heard ANGRY?
1565715887250.png

deadmeat2k

Community Member
Reaction score

It is actually describing my experience of the change very well - much smoother driving now.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa Competizione will not receive its promised RTX Ray Tracing effects anytime soon

During the launch of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080Ti, KUNOS Simulazioni showcased some cool ray tracing effects for Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, it appears that those promised RTX effects will not come out anytime soon, if at all.

As KUNOS Simulazioni has confirmed, the team is currently busy improving, optimizing, and evolving all aspects of the game. As such, it has no time at all to implement these visual effects in its racing sim, at least for now.

“Our priority is to improve, optimize, and evolve all aspects of ACC. If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility. As of now there is no reason to steal development resources and time for a very low frame rate implementation.”

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok...i gave it another go....fiddled around with setup....still shit. They KILLED the Porsche for me and i hate it !!!!! ITs not stable at all cannot push as i used to cannot go on trohttle like i used to it just goes understeer offtrack. Fast corners is a gamble now ..... So demotivating

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
What you describe is exactly how the Porsche was for me before the update, i've been told it may be due to a wrong update thing. At least one guy was experimenting exactly the same, deleting the personnal folder solved the problem. I didn't give it a go because of lack of time but it may be worth looking in this direction.

deadmeat2k

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok...i gave it another go....fiddled around with setup....still shit. They KILLED the Porsche for me and i hate it !!!!! ITs not stable at all cannot push as i used to cannot go on trohttle like i used to it just goes understeer offtrack. Fast corners is a gamble now ..... So demotivating

Have you tried asking around in the Kunos ACC forum - you are very likely to get good help for your problem there. LINK to Kunos forum.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So i found those settings on acc forum
[ConsoleVariables]
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
a.URO.ForceInterpolation=1
a.URO.ForceAnimRate=2
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.Streaming.Boost=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1

Oculus Tray Tool : Supersampling 1.7 ASW Mode Force On 45Fps (40fps for the Rift S).

ACC ingame video settings, i have tested with rain, night and it's OK 40 fps.

Fullscreen : disabled
Vsync : disabled
Resolution : 1920 x 1080

Resolution Scale : 100%
View Distance : EPIC
Shadows : HIGH
antialiasing : EPIC Type TEMPORAL
EFFECTS : MID
POST PROCESSING : MID
Foliage : LOW
Texture : HIGH
Mirror View Distance : 70 Meters
Mirror Quality : LOW Resolution LOW
Opponents : 15
Vr pixel Density : 100% because i use Oculus SS

Materials Quality : HIGH
Temporal Upscaling : Disabled
Bloom Quality : LOW
Volumetric Fog : Disabled
Foliage LOD Quality : Very Low
HLOD : Enabled
Advanced sharpen filter : Enabled

Motion Blur : Disabled
Saturation : 110
White Balance : Neutral
Sharpness : 80
Frame limit : 40
Camera Dirt Effect : 1.5
Ligh Absorption : High
Image Contrast : 0.60
Exposure Gain : 0.45

And goes quite bad, i removed forced asw and in-game frame limit, i did a test with a saved replay without other cars and i noticed asw activating a lot at 1.7, turned it down to 1.6 and goes much better

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So i found those settings on acc forum

And goes quite bad, i removed forced asw and in-game frame limit, i did a test with a saved replay without other cars and i noticed asw activating a lot at 1.7, turned it down to 1.6 and goes much better
I can post my settings and engine.ini modifications if you want. I'm running 1.5 PPD and the game looks just stunning (beside the non avoidable blurriness in the distance) :happy:

Ohh man I just really love playing this game. Did a 20min MP race at Silverstone in the Ferrari with about 20 people.
Qualified in P4, made a mistake into Copse by taking the inside curb too hatd and spun at around 10min in the race, down to P11 but right in the mix. Pushed really hard, at least one overtake per lap until I came home in P5 or so. Really good and fair racing in the upper midfield, no dive-bombs, no crashing, no pushing others out of the way, felt almost like a league race.
And the atmosphere. Jesus the sounds and the looks of the other cars next to you give me goosebumps everytime. In the Rift this feels and looks like reality must be, at least I'm expecting reality to be like that.
FFB is just perfect for me. Feeling the understeer incoming when you turn in too fast or with too much brake applied or catching small drifts with subtle and intuitive countersteering is just so enjoyable! Following other cars in the traffic and recognize that the front end of the Ferrari gets a little bit slidy just as David Perel described in one of his recent videos gave me another big smile :)

Can't wait for the improved starting procedure in MP in 1.0.8 as this was the only little bit odd thing. For league races the full formation lap is just perfect but that MP start is just bad atm.

Are there new plans for a follow up season at this forum? Really wanna start league racing in this game @Battenberg @t0daY @Noztra @Ricardo Macieira

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Are there new plans for a follow up season at this forum? Really wanna start league racing in this game
Nothing on the table yet :cool:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Does someone has an advice on the visual setting for Monitor? I have bit of trouble with the visuals in this game. It's hard for me to identify the Distance-Boards unless I'm really close and it's nearly too late to use em as brake markers :/
Also brake lights from the car ahead are nearly invisible at least when you have a Nissan or Ferrari in front of you. If they also have the lights on it's pretty much impossible to say if the brake lights are on or off. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread