Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update has downloaded for me now. Looking forward to trying this later :cool:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.1 update OUT NOW!
Assetto Corsa Competizione version update 1.1 is out now on Steam and it delivers the 2019 Blancpain GT Series season’s vehicles, teams and the Zandvoort Circuit to all present and future ACC players, for free.
The update includes 6 new car models such as the Audi R8 LMS EVO, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO, AMR V8 Vantage GT3, Honda NSX GT3 EVO, Porsche 991 II GT3 R, McLaren 720S GT3 (as a BONUS content).
Zandvoort Circuit is now featured in ACC as a 2019 restyled version of the bonus content originally provided with Assetto Corsa, together with an updated version of the tarmac for Spa Francorchamps, Barcelona and Silverstone and because on those tracks a tarmac rework has been done in real life during 2019, the game selects the racetrack version depending on the selected season.

New Features:
Not just new content, but also major features are coming with this 1.1 update. KUNOS Simulazioni has developed a custom modification to Unreal Engine 4, allowing for a dedicated triple monitor setups support that will allow independent settings on the 3 screens as in ACC’s predecessor. Further than this, Pit Stop Animations have been implemented and show full scene pit crew operations on the car such as refueling and tyre replacement. A new showroom is available in the vehicle selection page, allowing for zoom and rotation of the cars. Finally, a large amount of UI upgrades and performance optimizations are coming, together with a long list of physics updates. Complete changelog available on our forums and on Steam.

There isn’t a better time to #beACC, visit https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/ to buy the game NOW.

McLaren Shadow:
KUNOS Simulazioni is proud to announce a further collaboration with McLaren Racing that will bring McLaren Shadow esports project also to Assetto Corsa Competizione’s players all around the globe. McLaren Shadow is the ultimate esports tournament that allows some talented and lucky sim racers to access a final round in Woking, McLaren Technology Center, that will promote the top player as an F1 simulator driver, professionally involved with this top leader manufacturer. The new update prepares ACC for hosting one of McLaren Shadow online qualifiers, that will open on Oct. 27th and close on Nov. 7th. This event grants the addition of the McLaren 720S GT3 as a permanent gift within the game content from KUNOS Simulazioni, in partnership with McLaren Racing, and the possibility to top the event leaderboard and be selected for the finals, that will be held at McLaren Technology Center, Woking, United Kingdom.
More info about McLaren Shadow here: https://www.mclaren.com/racing/2019/mclaren-shadow-project/

GENERAL:
- Added Audi R8 LMS Evo.
- Added Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo.
- Added Honda NSX GT3 Evo.
- Added Aston Martin AMR V8 Vantage GT3.
- Added Porsche 911 GT3 R (991.2).
- Added McLaren 720S GT3 bonus content as part of the McLaren Shadow Project.
NOTE: the car has its BoP set based on the 2019 season tests and is playable with the rest of the content.
- Added Zandvoort Circuit.
- Added 2019 Blancpain GT Championship entries.
- First implementation of triple screen rendering.
NOTE: supports application with Surround mode on and off. Triple rendering properties can be adjusted in the View Settings ingame.
- Reduced FMod CPU occupation over time (mainly with external cameras and chasecam).
- Performance optimizations in cloudy, rainy and night conditions.
- Barcelona 2019 surface grip (slightly slower).
- Silverstone 2019 surface grip adjustments (around 2 seconds slower).
- Paul Ricard 2019 surface grip (around 1 second faster).
- Spa 2019 surface grip (small difference).
- Brake pressure added to shared memory.
- Fixed car model name in shared memory
- FuelEstimatedLaps added in shared memory.
- TrackStatus added to shared memory.
NOTE: shared memory/API documentation is updated, please see the relevant topic on the support forum.

GAMEPLAY:
- Added 2019 Championship season.
- Added possibility to play with more AI opponents on tracks with large pitlanes (notably Spa).
NOTE: grid sizes still depend on the available pit slots for each track and the Cup type selected.
E.g.: Sprint Cup fields are still limited in size to their real-life counterpart.
- Fixed a bug when only the first session of a weekend had correct track wetness.
- Championship weekends now include 2 practice sessions.
- Fixed 3H race driver stint strategy bug.
- Fixed strategy bug for mandatory pit with irregular driver crew.
- Fixed automatic driver cycle in endurance races.
- Various fixes for replay tyre radius/wheel speed (smoke particles and disc glow were not visible in certain situations).
- Fixed valid mandatory pitstop if tyreset is not changed.
- Forced auto save replay after an MP race when the car is stopped.
- Fixed pit strategy selector update issues in the car setup page.
- Driver skills updated based on 2019 results and added skills for new drivers.
- Fixed old replay HUD shortcut overriding the new FFWD and slow motion system.
- Potential fix for SP replay autosave on quit game.
- Fixed autosave replay during the limbo page.
- Autosave replay shows a message before the saving itself.
- Potential fix for Custom Race limbo page crash.
- Pitstops are now enabled in Free Practice and Qualifying sessions.

UI/HUD:
- UI car selection no longer jumps around when selecting different game modes.
NOTE: if there's an unavailable entry when changing game modes, a new selection is made to match the previous selection as close as possible.
- Default single player selections and settings revised.
- All-new track selection screen.
- Added pit animation toggle in General settings.
- Interactive showroom in car selection screen: zoom, pan, rotate, remember last position.
- Initial implementation of gamepad/keyboard control of showroom camera:
default controls for gamepad: right thumbstick view control, triggers zoom
default controls for keyboard: comma/period/a/z, left/right/up/down
hide UI: scroll button.
- Warning popup when selecting more than 29 opponents.
NOTE: playing with a high number of AI cars requires significant computing power and is not recommended/supported on low and mid-range configurations.
- Default showroom angle changed to spotter guide view in the car selection screen.
- Increased PP gamma for car preview images to match showroom brightness.
- Fixed Special Event season and car selection overwriting single-player page selection history.
- Added FPS cap to the menu screens to limit GPU load.
- Added option in Video Settings to enable/disable the UI FPS cap.
- Messages for manual and automatic replay saving.
- Added option to disable the flashing pit markers when pit animations are enabled for added immersion.
- FFB frequency option exposed in the Controls settings.
- Triple screen mode added to Video Options.
- Triple screen parameters added to View Settings.
- Added gaining/losing time split messages.
- Standings and realtime widgets (HUD, broadcast, pit page) now have a "mandatory pitstop(s) left" indicator for each car.
- Timetable laps are now accessible for the current and previous sessions, both in SP and MP.
- Distance, Height and Pitch parameters can now be set at 0.5 intervals in View Settings.
- Adjustable HUD boundaries exposed in HUD Options.
GENERAL NOTE: due to the significant restructuring of the user interface, it is recommended to delete your docs/ACC/Config/menuSettings.json file after installing the latest update.

GRAPHICS:
- All-new pitstop animation.
- Disabled advanced sharpen filter in TV/F7/Heli cameras.
- Sharpness set to 0 and sharpen filter disabled if antialiasing type is set to FXAA.
- Revised wiper animation system - particularly to fix the abrupt jump when the player stopped the wiper while any vibration or g-force movement was active.
- Added Car LOD setting to Video options.
NOTE: higher value - delayed LOD switch, lower value - more aggressive LOD switch. 70% equals the old default.
- Fixed nameplate bloom at night.
- Brake pressure/temperature added to car displays.

PHYSICS:
- Brand new aerodynamic slipstream simulation. Vortices created by leading car affect airflow that influences both leading and following car in drag and downforce. Leading car will experience slightly lower drag and downforce, and the following car will experience less dynamic pressure that results in lower drag and lower downforce. Results are affected by conformity of diffuser and rear wing angle.
- Circuits have now different surface grip and tyre degradation for different seasons (2018 - 2019)
- Improvements on OOW (out of world) scenarios and AI collision box activation upon impact and tyre deflation.
NOTE: potential performance gain with high number of AI cars.
- Bentley 2019 homologation.
- Ferrari 2019 improvements. More wheel rates available for front and rear.
NOTE: you'll need to add 4-5 clicks at the front wheel rates of your old setups to have the same results
- Improvements in BoP and balance of Nissan GTR 2018, BMW M6.
- Fixed Audi R8 Monza and Paul Ricard wet presets lacking wet tyres.
- Tyre graining and blistering fine tuning.
- Brake temperature influence on tyres fine tuning.
- Improvements in FFB forces calculation.
- Sand traps FFB enhancement.
- Kerbs FFB enhancement.
- Fixes in setup strategy page.
- Fixes in setup automatic functionality in issues occurring from very stiff dampers and bumpstop gaps.
- Improved collisions to the ground.
- Fixed automatic gearbox not shifting in 1st with pit limiter.
- Fixed Mercedes-AMG occasionally starting session with broken suspension.

AUDIO:
- Added performance sector audio message compared to the personal best in qualifying sessions.
- Enabled audio messages about time gain/loss.
- Positional hit audio for track objects.
- Hit sound for destructible objects.
- Hit sound for small objects.
- Updated all tracks with hit sounds for track objects.
- Added starting comms to audio options.
- Fixed backfire audio.
- Added another car spotter filter (should be more quiet during continuous two-wide).

MULTIPLAYER/RATINGS:
- Adjusted the TR Rating to scale to 33 track medals.
- Added pitstop rules for non-public MP servers: mandatory pitstop count, pit window, max stint times, minimum driving time for swap situations.
- Fixed issue in Racecraft Rating on MP servers.
- Added (general) options to turn off Ratings and/or Statistic tracking in Singleplayer.
- Fix for remote cars collision object left on the track and causing crashes in MP.
- Potential fix for car sparks in replay and bottoming audio effect.
- Updated car selection in MP, now allows all entries of all seasons ("Free-for-all" mode).
- Added 2019 cars & tracks to backend, rating and statistics.
- Added 2019 tracks to server definitions. Using "nurburgring" as track will run in the BoP and track settings for 2018, "nurburgring_2019" will use the 2019 BoP and track data context.
- Drive button is now disabled until the last 30 seconds before session start, and a countdown progress bar is displayed.
- Driver Statistics can now be viewed in "Combined", "Singleplayer", "Multiplayer" modes.
- Increased stability to driver swap situations.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tell you what, this game a real pleasure to play. Just done a couple of online races, and they were really good. Mostly clean, few bumps here and there.

It's so immersive that I don't think there is another game were I enjoy lapping and lapping like in this game :cool:

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I ve tried the 720s, NSX evo and new porshe. The McLaren is a pleasure to drive as well as the NSX but im a bit slower with those cars compared to the porshe. Zandvoort is pretty well recreated also those sand part out of the track are feeling so real when you put a Wheel (or the entore car) into. I think it is the first time i experience this in a sim, got stopped in 2 m coming at 160+ into the sand. In another sim i would have gone straight in the wall. Also did a race at the new spa, the race was clear all the time so i couildnt really check if Kemmel gets flooded as in the 2018 version.
I could find a non game Breaking bug with the car number in multiplayer lobby when checking detailled time for a player.
Didn't test triple screen but i ll definitly as i am in the project of building a dedicated sim rig with triple screen, it still the start of this project and i am still evaluating the options, DIY pvc (simul8r) or a metal chassis, all will depends on price and ease to get it inTenerife.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I i am still evaluating the options, DIY pvc (simul8r) or a metal chassis, all will depends on price and ease to get it inTenerife.

Why not wood... easy to make, cheap and sturdy !

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wood could be an option too but this could require some tools i dont have. I will see, it is still at the state of a project. Im open to every suggestion so if you happen to have a plan for a nice rig or any idea let me know

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So anyone tried the new cars yet? And how do they feel and compare to the "old" cars?

And how is Zandvoort?

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Zandvoort is really nice. Drove the 2019 Bentley in an online race last night. Newer car seems a bit sharper to me. Also tried the new 911 which felt a bit more stable but I thought it was slower compared to the others. Seemed like it had zero turn in, all about the exit on the throttle.

Still need to do more testing!

The NSX EVO seems just as slow as the 2018 car. I'm 2-3 seconds slower around Zandvoort than in the Bentley and Aston.

Last edited:

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jeff[NL] I remember you loved the old porsche, I'm curious what do you think about the new one?

as for me I love the new Aston too. Planted as hell. The R8 is also an interesting car, very, VERY agile.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jeff[NL] I remember you loved the old porsche, I'm curious what do you think about the new one?

as for me I love the new Aston too. Planted as hell. The R8 is also an interesting car, very, VERY agile.
Still have to try it... maybe Sunday. Got a 7h on iRacing tomorrow.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Am I the only one that has a slight feeling BoP is still a bit off? I tested 4 cars on Spa - M6, GT-R, AMG and Bent. I could do flat 2:19's pretty comfortably with the M6 and GT-R, but pushing them beyond that would require more effort; then the AMG and Bentley went 1-3 tenths faster pretty efortlessly. 2:18.7 with the AMG on a very mediocre lap and 2:18.9 with Bentley on a less mediocre lap.
What do you guys think? Have you done any testing?

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Am I the only one that has a slight feeling BoP is still a bit off? I tested 4 cars on Spa - M6, GT-R, AMG and Bent. I could do flat 2:19's pretty comfortably with the M6 and GT-R, but pushing them beyond that would require more effort; then the AMG and Bentley went 1-3 tenths faster pretty efortlessly. 2:18.7 with the AMG on a very mediocre lap and 2:18.9 with Bentley on a less mediocre lap.
Since the 7h went down the drain in 7min i did some laps with the NSX Evo and the new Porsche.... Cant say much yet but cant say the Porsche felt better than the old one. VR still is not what its needs to be to keep me more then a hour total in this game when i go drive. Also i noticed i find breaking in ACC feels like all or nothing i cant find any good feedback when on brakes or something.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hope they will add Nos as bonus track

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cool guide for creating custom liveries in ACC (in v1.1 they are even client side, so no more uploading to the servers!)
Post automatically merged:

M6 and GT-R are normally two of the slower cars in ACC and imo thats not to far from reality because afaik those two cars did win absolutely nothing in 2019. Probably some back luck sometimes, but when you don't win anything that is a clear sign for me that those cars where just not fast enough or some other cars where always a little bit faster...
Despite that, aliens like Mike Nobel are able to do low 2.17 with both, the M6 ans the GT-R.

The AMG is probably the fastest car in ACC 2019 across all tracks, it just needs some more setup work and the right driving (aka trailbraking).
The Bentley on the other hand is very very fast at Spa since it was released.

All in all, if you are not an alien, I think you can get good results in almost every car. At the top of course the air gets thinner and thinner, but the difference is not that huge imo.

Cheers!

Last edited:

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE

i cannot use the motec telemetry
tried few times, reinstalled setup differently, openned, so on
but the data log file doesnt appear

if you met this issue please help

Users who are viewing this thread