Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Those gt4 look and drive like tuned road cars, softer springs and higher ride height, gear ratios are a bit odd for some cars (e.g. amg has a quite short 6th gear, same goes for 5th on audi)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
These GT4's look amazing! Is it worth getting back in to sim racing and buying acc+DLC just to play GT4?
Maybe bit biased opinion, but ACC and all its DLCs are worth every penny!
Driving experience, graphics, sounds are all top notch, imo the best on the market right now and multiplayer base is growing and growing every week. A lot of leagues to join and couple of private organised endurance races every month :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
v1.5.2 Changelog

GAMEPLAY:

• Added a minimum pitstop time of 1 second for stop&go-style mandatory stops.
UI:

• Realtime widget: fixed inaccurate gap values versus cars in pitlane during race sessions.
  • Realtime widget: fixed incorrect gaps to cars ahead of the focused car when there are cars in pitlane in between and reduced likelihood of gap spikes.
  • Realtime widget: cars in pitlane are now filtered during non-race sessions if the focused car is on track.
  • Realtime widget: more accurate gap calculation for cars stopped on track.
  • Removed automatic brake change check in the MFD Pitstop strategy unless the brakes are worn out.
  • SetupPage: added "use current pressures" button in the pit strategy panel which copies the current setup's tyre pressures to the currently active pit strategy.
CONTROLS:

• Added direct-to-page bindings for MFD: realtime, standings, electronics and pitstop. In multiclass mode the standings binding will cycle between overall and class standings.
  • MFD direct-to-page bindings support long-press hiding like the MFD cycling binding.
  • Re-evaluated combined bindings (using the shift binding) on press, should fix situations when binding a shifted button would also trigger the unshifted binding (e.g. look left-right).
GRAPHICS:

• Minor fixes on the Ginetta custom designs.
MULTIPLAYER:

• Fixed additional BoP values resetting on driver swaps.
  • Rejoining now is blocked as intended if the server is running out of grid slots, preventing double assignments.
  • Fixed grid position mismatches in situations where many unique cars connect/disconnect during Q sessions.
  • Endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams) now receive the session results without issue.
  • Fixed a bug where the last drivers couldn't join during endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams).

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
they have been introducing new good QoL stuff with every patch. The latest major one imo was the Controls Refresh button, countless times i forgot to turn ON my wheel before starting the game and had to restart it, not anymore :).

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
They need to remove suspensions and chassis repairs checked by default for pit stops, every race i have to navigate the pit menu to disable them (while racing, not in the pit lane) before pitting

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
They need to remove suspensions and chassis repairs checked by default for pit stops, every race i have to navigate the pit menu to disable them (while racing, not in the pit lane) before pitting

I agree, that is indeed annoying, but...you can do that while on the grid or on the parade lap, which is what i always do :).

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have been watching some video's of the 24h of Spa and then some video's of ACC, and I love how similar they look :D
But I had a quick question about the handling of the cars. Are you able to just jump in a car and just drive and have fun? Or do you really need to do a lot of testing and setup work to be able to drive a car (like in Iracing) Because I honestly don't have time for that and I don't want to spend 50 euro's on a gem I am not going to play :p

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have been watching some video's of the 24h of Spa and then some video's of ACC, and I love how similar they look :D
But I had a quick question about the handling of the cars. Are you able to just jump in a car and just drive and have fun? Or do you really need to do a lot of testing and setup work to be able to drive a car (like in Iracing) Because I honestly don't have time for that and I don't want to spend 50 euro's on a gem I am not going to play :p
Every car has a safe, a aggressive and a wet preset for every track. Sometimes they are pretty spot on, sometimes they some more work. But in general I would say that EVERY car in ACC is per default a lot more driveable than the cars in iracing, like you would expect from cars for gentleman drivers :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Battenberg and other 32:9 users what cam/fov are you using for acc, i tried a bit the broken monitor before packing and sending it back and in dash cam default fov (acc uses vertical fov) i could only see framework on my left

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cockpit cam, always
fov, I couldn't tell you definitely but I think 72 off the top of my head

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In ACC you have a view menu if you hit escape on track. There enter your monitor information and ACC will provide you the right FOV (at least it worked for me on triples) else you can try this fov calculator

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if the costume livery editor is also for multiplayer? I can't find any video's about it.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let me post this here as well.
The link is for a tool to compare setups. Load the two JSON files and it shows you the actual in-game values, and where its lower and higher.
1596460374105.png

It shows everything.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if the costume livery editor is also for multiplayer? I can't find any video's about it.
You mean the in-game livery editot? You can use it in MP as well and everyone will see your livery without a third party addon ;-)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
but...we mosdef need a third-party addon for ACC similar to trading paints in iRacing: that will catapult the game into an higher orbit :D

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answers guys! I mean this was almost a deal breaker if it wasn't for mp lol.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is someone aware of a way to view which servers are available and what the remaining session time is in a web browser, outside of ACC itself?

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is someone aware of a way to view which servers are available and what the remaining session time is in a web browser, outside of ACC itself?
i don't think so as acc doesn't allow 3rd party apps or addons like ac does

Users who are viewing this thread