Assetto Corsa Competizione Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I use this method for a long time and i have posted this here before and i got completely trashed so i requested the post to be removed.

In anyway, this guy is one of, if not the fastest guy in ACC, hence why i use this and consider this legit.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I use this method for a long time and i have posted this here before and i got completely trashed so i requested the post to be removed.

In anyway, this guy is one of, if not the fastest guy in ACC, hence why i use this and consider this legit.

Makes sense, he's giving a lot of half information that could be useless to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
In general his methods seem alright (as expected, he fast), but there is a lot of information missing to just use his knowledge right away.

Also, matching the bump histogram to a perfect curve should be one of the lower priorities, and not leading like he makes it out to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Def

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Makes sense, he's giving a lot of half information that could be useless to someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
In general his methods seem alright (as expected, he fast), but there is a lot of information missing to just use his knowledge right away.

Also, matching the bump histogram to a perfect curve should be one of the lower priorities, and not leading like he makes it out to be.

Following him was simply the most cost-effective option for me to do dampers.

It's simple and on a few tracks where it was all wrong, i could see noticeable improvements.

It works for me, and coming from Nils, i can only think it's good enough.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Basically after sorting out ride height, increase bump/rebound if the histogram curve is higher on bump/rebound side and increase spring rates if the curve is too flat

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to add to the damper histo's. Don't panic if you see a peak in the slow rebound. This is because the car has lower anti-squat (and thus anti-rise). Thus this peak is caused by going onto the brake hard, this is why it's in the driver input freq. range (slow damping).

• Informative
Reactions: Def

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nils videos are really good stuff, can't recommend enough, also those driver coaching videos might be interesting from somebody who wants to find more pace.
Dampers are a difficult topic. I tried to get a perfect shape with the Merc around Kyalami and ended up with very high front bump and very high rear rebound settings. This made the histgramm look decent but the car was just trash into Sunset (fast right hander, S1) and the chicane. Incredible snapoversteer at turn in. Lowered the rear rebound significantly and the car was instantly a lot better.
So it is definitely a good hint to look for the damper histogram, but don't go 100% for it, always rely on your feelings aswell :)

Another very good source for more detailed infos is the RST manual. Thats the tool Nils is working with and uploads his data to. A lot of good explanations around car dynamics and car setups :)
Can upload it later, think I got it from Nils discord, can't find a download link on their website...

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Nils videos are really good stuff, can't recommend enough, also those driver coaching videos might be interesting from somebody who wants to find more pace.
Dampers are a difficult topic. I tried to get a perfect shape with the Merc around Kyalami and ended up with very high front bump and very high rear rebound settings. This made the histgramm look decent but the car was just trash into Sunset (fast right hander, S1) and the chicane. Incredible snapoversteer at turn in. Lowered the rear rebound significantly and the car was instantly a lot better.
So it is definitely a good hint to look for the damper histogram, but don't go 100% for it, always rely on your feelings aswell :)

Another very good source for more detailed infos is the RST manual. Thats the tool Nils is working with and uploads his data to. A lot of good explanations around car dynamics and car setups :)
Can upload it later, think I got it from Nils discord, can't find a download link on their website...

You didn't read my post here, did you?
If you want good cornering and can get away with some dive and rise under braking, it's no problem to have small peaks in the front bump and rear rebound histogram.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I guess this is the file @Exited was referring to

Attachments

• RST Software User Manual.pdf
    9.1 MB · Views: 5,680

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

It's a pity RST is as expensive as it is with the add ons. It's obviously a good tool, but it's hard to justify that if you are racing at a desk still...

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you want good cornering and can get away with some dive and rise under braking, it's no problem to have small peaks in the front bump and rear rebound histogram.
My graph shows the opposite with front rebound higher than neutral, more rebound rate should help with car squatting and understeering on corner exit

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why the aggressiveness? I was talking about dampers in general with the Merc as example. Did you test the Merc around Kyalami? Do you know how my damper histogram looked like at the beginning? ;-)
I'm not talking about small peaks somewhere, the histogram was plain wrong at the beginning, but the car handling does not change for the better when you try to get that a little bit right.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Probably if you really really want to do it right, you’d have to break it up into corners, or clusters of high, medium and low speed. That’s what I took from the class miagi gave me xD

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
hey, keep it clean or i'll delete the posts
this already happened before

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Probably if you really really want to do it right, you’d have to break it up into corners, or clusters of high, medium and low speed. That’s what I took from the class miagi gave me xD
Definitely, you need to identity where you want to improve the car or where you aren't happy with the handling and then start the work for that. Then you probably fucked up another part and you start from the beginning again :-D

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Why the aggressiveness? I was talking about dampers in general with the Merc as example. Did you test the Merc around Kyalami? Do you know how my damper histogram looked like at the beginning? ;-)
I'm not talking about small peaks somewhere, the histogram was plain wrong at the beginning, but the car handling does not change for the better when you try to get that a little bit right.
There's no aggressiveness, just two sensible assumptions.
The first assumption is what I started the post with, and you didn't mention anything about it. So I wouldn't expect you to have read it. There's no harm in reading past something.
And it's only an assumption, I wouldn't be calling you any names or anything. Nor did I say your logic was wrong. You did that yourself by saying that your setup was 'shit'.

My second assumption is obviously wrong, that is that the Merc would exert normal damping behavior in terms of the histogram. Another example that you shouldn't use that histo as gospel.

Aggelos Iliakis

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I ve been absent for a while now and i would like to make a comeback. I recently bought the G29 and i am looking to coming again to sim-racing. I would like to know if it's worth for me to purchase ACC and if there is enough content and online activity or if i should invest in other games??

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys. I ve been absent for a while now and i would like to make a comeback. I recently bought the G29 and i am looking to coming again to sim-racing. I would like to know if it's worth for me to purchase ACC and if there is enough content and online activity or if i should invest in other games??
Depends what you are looking for. ACC is a GT3/4 only sim . If thats what you are looking for its a great sim with much activity around it competition wise. You got to have a decent PC tho to run it properly.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Welcome back ! :) ACC is a good game to get your hands back in sim racing as it is a recent game, which benefits from a strong and dynamic community so far. You can get anything from 30 mins sprints to 24h endurance races. As for the cars, ACC is still limited to GT4s and GT3s but imo the fun lies in the amount of drivers more than the variety of cars ;)

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
do we have some fun sprint races with the new dlc next week?

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
i
Welcome back ! :) ACC is a good game to get your hands back in sim racing as it is a recent game, which benefits from a strong and dynamic community so far. You can get anything from 30 mins sprints to 24h endurance races. As for the cars, ACC is still limited to GT4s and GT3s but imo the fun lies in the amount of drivers more than the variety of cars ;)
i don't know what is the problem with the gt3 gt4 limits? Did anybody hear about an argue why only f1 cars in that game? :D

Users who are viewing this thread