Project CARS 3 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
"Bell also claims Project CARS 3 will be an ambitious title, with the plan being to “blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water"
This goes into "Statements that aged (very) badly"

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well it did blow you away. They got that right already.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Reviews are starting to come out, i promise i will not review bomb :angelic:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Reviews are starting to come out, i promise i will not review bomb :angelic:
I doubt it, but if PCARS3 becomes popular within the RSR community, I might buy it. PC1 was my first 'SIM' racing game, I preordered PC2 with all DLC and with the right track and car combo, car setup and custom FFB file it is pretty good and very immersive in VR.
PC3 seems very disappointing and only constantly brings this one question to my mind: 'Who wants to buy what's broken?'

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My copy is downloading overnight. To be honest, I haven't bought it for any multiplayer action, not have I bought it for time-trials. I bought it for a bit of a giggle with a gamepad and to take screenshots. Photomode looks very similar to pCARS2 in terms of functionality, just with a new interface, so I'll try and get a shot or two up here in the morning over breakfast :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My copy is downloading overnight. To be honest, I haven't bought it for any multiplayer action, not have I bought it for time-trials. I bought it for a bit of a giggle with a gamepad and to take screenshots. Photomode looks very similar to pCARS2 in terms of functionality, just with a new interface, so I'll try and get a shot or two up here in the morning over breakfast :D
It will be interesting to see what the master makes of the photo mode for sure. Sadly, after listening to Jimmy Broadbent review it, it pretty much confirmed all my fears, than the game doesn't really seem to quite fit into any category well enough. Maybe, just maybe if they tune the AI better it could be a kick back with a controller game. But PC2 allows you to do that too, and from what I understand there are forza titles (probably on sale by now) that achieve that better.

It looks like if you want project cars, you should keep going with PC2 (or hope for AMS2 to become the white knight). I wonder if there is the possibility of a third party taking the PC2 game license and patching the software for a few multiplayer niggles :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Given that I've barely touched it yet (I literally just went to photo mode and that's it), I can't really form a proper opinion yet. However, it strikes me as a game designed to address what pCARS2 got wrong, from a gameplay aspect, rather than being an extension of what pCARS2 did right as a sim. It will certainly sell and it will appeal to a certain type of player (in all honesty, that's probably me right now) but I cannot see anybody that plays the more 'serious' racing games out there really taking to it unless they want something to unwind with.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
(edit).... wrong theme

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
finally spotted it on some footage. bizzarre feeling seeing something you helped design ending up in a major title

1598897054327.png

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ouch! :eek:

20200831_231124.jpg

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
iRacers be iRacers...
Honestly though, the AMG GT3 is pretty similar across all 3 games (iRacing, ACC, pCARS3), so he should like the driving feel in general if he gave it a try.
I'm pretty sure James knows what he talks about -> LINK ;)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

@FuBii has found his game :D

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure James knows what he talks about -> LINK ;)

The part that emberasses me is the fact that he's not an iRacer...
Still, if there's no other racing sims at Gamescom, pCARS can take the prize by lack of competition... :oops:

Regarding the controller thing, I really should give that a try now...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Havocc let you know when I can afford to buy it ;)

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread