Project CARS 3 Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
...keeps pursuing ever greater levels of fidelity and realism to give us, the players, a small taste of what it's like to sit in a racing car, on a race track, surrounded by our heroes :)

You guys will still be too fast for me to experience this...

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Where pCARS2 succeeded, for me, was that the sum of its parts was absolutely better than any other package out there. Sure, RRRE is supposed to be the benchmark for audio (personaly, I found it immensely distracting). rF2 is reportedly the benchmark for FFB. iRacing is generally regarded as the benchmark for the multiplayer experience. But all of the others fall down in other aspects too, be it limited base content or lacking basic features like tyre pressures. For all the faults of pCARS1 and 2, they have undoubtedly rocked the sim-racing world. A real-time lighting system capable of a proper 24-hour day/night cycle, a cutting-edge dynamic tyre model, a track that evolves not just in the dry but in the wet and so on. Sure, not all of the things worked flawlessly but show me any product that gets it right, 1st time, and I'll buy a hat and eat it. Did SMS bite off more than they can chew? Possibly, but as the saying goes, you can't make an omelette unless you break a few eggs.
Absolutely I agree. Now that I played some AC, I can not understand that there are ppl that praise Ac and talk shit about pc2 as the ffb is at least on pair and the pc2 tire model is clearly more complex than AC. What makes me angry is that they actually had many things in please and well made and then destroyed lots of with weird and bad design decisions :( It could have been so much better but the distribution of resources and certain design decisions reduce the value of pc2 so much :(

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have one wish: remove dirty air, or at least make it scalable (something like off - minimal - real). It destroys close racing, needs compute performance and is something they want to get rid off in real life.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As for multiplayer, well, all of us here know what we want. First and foremost the code needs to be pretty damn solid but we must also be prepared for glitches in it (let's face it, even iRacing hasn't nailed it fully after all these years). Give us the ability to run large grids. Throw in driver swaps for endurance racing. Get more control over replays and increase the fidelity - at a basic level, all the replay needs is the driver inputs, leaving the replay to interpret those into a re-run of the race. But most importantly, test that code, test it again and test it a hundred times more for good measure.

Driver Swaps, better dirty air and significantly improved ability to custom skin (something that generally makes you more engaged with the cars you drive). It wouldn't take much for me to think PC3 was a hit...oh and pit stop setups for car/track combos

Honestly I think PC2 is tremendous value for money (and it helped me find you lot so, there's that ;) ). If they focused on enhancing / stabalising what they have now, I'd be very excited for a PC3

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wow, I don't turn my PC on for, I've lost count of the weeks, & there's already another pCars rumoured to be in the works?! only feels like last month I bought it on steam.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just wait until you see this...

12304_mad_box_60345e17d39986f917588789e2cc2874.jpg

Post automatically merged:

https://www.bsimracing.com/more-about-the-slightly-mad-studios-mad-box-concept/

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The idea is nice, hope they don't stick with that case design though :hungover:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I think that design is outdated. There were several tweets with other designs, and IIRC Ian already decided to not go with the one above.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That looks much better :eek::D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I think that design is outdated. There were several tweets with other designs, and IIRC Ian already decided to not go with the one above.

What a great idea to put a gear indicator on the game pad. Because no one is looking at the game pad while playing :facepalm:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea especially when driving in GTA 5 it's super crucial to know in which gear you currently are :dead:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That kind of gimmick is definitely aimed for the casual gamer. You wouldn't notice it when your absorbed in a great storyline or grinding away at something like rust...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As much as I doubt the gear I'm in would be useful to me on a controller, the idea that you can have an almost infinite set of possibilities for what gets displayed there, that's what interests me :) . Then again, I have no idea if I'd even want to buy it, I've only owned 2 consoles in my life (a Playstation 1 and a Wii and I own precisely 5 games between them!).

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I doubt the gear I'm in would be useful to me on a controller
oh it is! /me remembering gran turismo 2 times :)
...and dedicated button for reverse

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
As much as I doubt the gear I'm in would be useful to me on a controller, the idea that you can have an almost infinite set of possibilities for what gets displayed there, that's what interests me :) . Then again, I have no idea if I'd even want to buy it, I've only owned 2 consoles in my life (a Playstation 1 and a Wii and I own precisely 5 games between them!).
Hmm the Wii U already had a controller with a big screen and it turned out as a solution that was desperately searching for a problem.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The whole Mad Box is a solution to a non-existend problem :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmm the Wii U already had a controller with a big screen and it turned out as a solution that was desperately searching for a problem.
Whether the potential is ever exploited is of course something that only time will provide an answer to. As for being a solution searching for a problem, that's true of a lot of products or ideas until somebody creates something so unique from it that you wonder how you lived without it. Will it find a decent usage case? No idea. Will it even appear in that form? No idea.

re, Puff's post, I'd argue that SMS have maybe done something parallel to what Epic have done with their store. The status quo, for a long time, has been to leave Microsoft and Sony to fight the console world and Steam to dominate the PC gaming marketplace. It's pretty obvious that if you ask a game developer "would you like to keep a greater share of your profits" then they are going to answer yes. Providing a solution to that appears to be the driving force behind the Mad Box, to my mind at least. That and stripping away the certification hoops to get a game on those other platforms. Does it have the potential to succeed? No idea but if the game developers support it then I don't see a reason why it won't. A platform will live and die solely on the content available for it.

And no, this isn't some kind of rabid SMS love post, it's just looking at the product and the industry it sits in objectively, especially as I'm not exactly a prime console customer myself :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah it’s the content that worries me, not the technically specs. There is competition on the console market from mayor players. Not even Nintendo can keep up here.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
A platform will live and die solely on the content available for it.
Yes the Wii and Wii U suffered from that. And some ppl still remember how the Dreamcast died.

On the other hand, it was never easier to release a consol, simply call AMD and order a system. Only that Sony and Microsoft can effort to push the prices by planing for a break even at 40 mio units, that is something sms can not effort.
On the technical side, if only sms began earlier to learn how to make a proper ui. To this day the server browser in pc2 is a proof of incompetence and an annoyance :(

ps: looking at the twitter I'm also not sure if it helps that Ian Bell is trolling ppl on twitter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread