Project CARS 3 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The whole Mad Box is a solution to a non-existend problem :p

Maybe, my take on it is that Ian Bell (who constantly banged on about the exorbitant licence fees of console game development) wants to release the console as a platform and give developers access to the madness engine software or some other open source software. In theory this would bring freedom to developers thereby attracting more third party developers and breaking the stranglehold currently enjoyed by Sony & MS where developers need to pay huge licencing fees to access the platforms.

Just my take on it.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is an approach to the console market, just like Epic takes less fees than Steam. Now the but: Sony and Microsoft basically sell their consoles at a loss, just to get as many units out as possible to create a platform that is lucrative for Developers. They pay more to be on the platform, but they also sell more.

User base > anything else. Like Microsoft giving away Windows for free for schools, students, you name it...they’ll make their money later.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Today I read something on racedepartement about Project CARS pro, is this PC 3? Or something totally different?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Different I believe. It's commercial software, for venues offering a group sim racing experience.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, commercial stuff for shows, venues etc and bespoke solutions - Porsche used it for the launch of one of their cars not that long ago.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, commercial stuff for shows, venues etc and bespoke solutions - Porsche used it for the launch of one of their cars not that long ago.
it really makes sense to use project cars. its the most beautiful game and perfect for recording fancy shots or images. but as a full on racing game theres work to be done

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the game we would have if they'd had GT Sport sized budget with the scope of PC/PC2 ... I'm drooling

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it really makes sense to use project cars. its the most beautiful game and perfect for recording fancy shots or images. but as a full on racing game theres work to be done
As too there is with AC, ACC, rF2, iRacing etc etc. . I'm not going to argue that there aren't faults with the game by the way, just wanting to clarify that pCARS2 is far from alone in having shortcomings :)

Can you imagine the game we would have if they'd had GT Sport sized budget with the scope of PC/PC2 ... I'm drooling
We'd probably still be waiting for it to be released.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sounds like PC3 will be 'Project Cars Revolution'?

So the league would be 'Revolution Sim Racing Project Cars Revolution'. Love it! :pompous::woot:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like PC3 will be 'Project Cars Revolution'?

So the league would be 'Revolution Sim Racing Project Cars Revolution'. Love it! :pompous::woot:

Sounds like the hype he's doing all the time for his games :joyful:

And you forgot the league name itself! Revolution Sim Racing Project Cars Revolution Revolution Cup :D

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can’t imagine there is much in the way of assets in a software company, it’s all about the value of the IP and future revenue streams...if Modern Pick are heavily invested in eSports that has to be good for online racing in the future. Sim racing has suffered for a long time to get proper investment because it’s been a niche genre. Hopefully, this will bring sponsors and investors, leading to improvements we will all benefit from.
Fingers crossed!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Can’t imagine there is much in the way of assets in a software company, it’s all about the value of the IP and future revenue streams...if Modern Pick are heavily invested in eSports that has to be good for online racing in the future. Sim racing has suffered for a long time to get proper investment because it’s been a niche genre. Hopefully, this will bring sponsors and investors, leading to improvements we will all benefit from.
Fingers crossed!
Looking at AC, ACC or Pcars1/2 it's also the case that poor MP implementation lead to small eSports interest. When it comes to searching a Lobby/Race those games are worse than StarCraft from 1998 and that game became a eSports hit also because it managed to get the basics right like MP-UI and Netcode.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nathan Bell commented on a Sim Racing Paddock video to say it’s only a partial buyout with Ian Bell staying on as CEO. I wonder if the new partners will make him stop drinking too much wine and posting “news” and hype on gt planet. :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
You can get the wine out of the man but not the man out of the wine.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As the doom and gloom farseer I warn that the best way to "leverage" the PC2 technogy going forward would be through a live service approach, to which you can read "continue to pay month by month for". I'll be happy if that's proved wrong.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
As the doom and gloom farseer I warn that the best way to "leverage" the PC2 technogy going forward would be through a live service approach, to which you can read "continue to pay month by month for". I'll be happy if that's proved wrong.
That would require a major major improvement in multiplayer setup. The infrastructure iRacing built is so much more than just scheduled races and a license system. Still I would be interested as long as slow guys like me can find a good race.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's also an expectation vs. reality thing. iRacing is a very expensive service at some 100€ per year where you can't compete in a full season until you spend another 100-200€ vs. Project CARS being an one time investment with shit tons of content. Tbh I'd like it to stay that way. I can bare the occasional DLC but don't like this development also rf2 is going where a single track is 10-15€.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My recent experience with iRacing:
"Pay 10$, install, try, compute the amount per year + dlc for a decent race, uninstall."

Its not about the raw price, but the price/value/fun. My opinion is that occasional but intense karting is way funnier for the same price as iRacing.
Probably I wouldn't mind paying an annual fee for PC3 (or any other decent multiplayer racing game), maybe 50$ per year, but this should be ALL included.

Users who are viewing this thread