Project CARS 3 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I agree with you @UnstopaPaul , calling it Project CARS is the big fail though. BMW won't make a 120hp Mini-like car and call it an M3, would they? They have just ruined the franchise with that decision.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
When you start thinking things couldn't get worse and then...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Kind of sad to see that this is this guys major amount of his free time spent on the current state of SMS' games.
Feel sorry for him, but hey, it brings in the views, so he must continue.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I agree with you @UnstopaPaul , calling it Project CARS is the big fail though. BMW won't make a 120hp Mini-like car and call it an M3, would they? They have just ruined the franchise with that decision.
No, but if I called something "Go" or "Lite" , I'd know to expect a lightweight version of a title I (might) love by developers I (might) trust to deliver fun experiences. In the analogy you have used, "M3" is more like "Pro/Ultimate/Go" than it is "3 series". I don't think heusinkveld ruined their flagship "Ultimate" line, by having a "Sprint" line.

My expectation of Project Cars on PC is not changed by that mobile title with "GO" in the title, (it is changed by their direction in PC3, which is a far more legitimate breaking of the branding). In fact, I think its a pretty honest badging and I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from that experience, and its probably going to be a pretty engaging car game by mobile standards.

Again, general industry and fan agreement was that the Diablo immortal problem was NOT the idea that Diablo might have a lightweight mobile experience, it was that it seemed to be coming at the expense of the PC version and as a "this is what you get guys" message (worst marketing decision of all time).

Let's assume for a moment that PC3 had been everything that you'd ever hoped for in a sim on PC. I don't believe that there would be any problem's being raisedd with the "brand" of a mobile game then as long as there wasn't a perceived threat to the development of PC4.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of this if it goes trough...
I mean, take2 subsidiaries have made some of my favourite games ever. Borderlands 2 and GTA4 and 5 were a blast! And I've heard some good stories about the Civilisation series. So regarding that it might get all of the untapped potential that Codemasters games are known for.

On the other hand there's the horror stories around the KSP2 development. Which makes me worry about the SMS employees that I know.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Bordercars 3, pc3 in cel shading

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
The wookie is talking PC4 going back to the roots on twitter :):):):)

I Quote "We learned our lesson with pCARS3. No one will touch us with pCARS4"

There are even some screenshots on his twitter feed.

Well choo choo !!! All onboard that want to :)

I think its sunk in we did not want PC3 but evolution of PC2.

I know the proof is in the pudding and in the meantime we have ACC / AMS2 etc... but I would dearly love a real PC2 follow up.

Ofcourse we now have to see what happens with EA take over etc.. and it may all go t*ts up but if I can get that feeling I had with PC1 and PC2 a few years ago I would be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread