Automobilista 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I've looked into the sim a bit more today and I think it's still rather crude. Especially considering that they planned to release this month.
I might have more confidence in an Rfactor2 rating system to spice things up in public lobbies than the system AMS2 is far away from implementing.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I've looked into the sim a bit more today and I think it's still rather crude. Especially considering that they planned to release this month.
I might have more confidence in an Rfactor2 rating system to spice things up in public lobbies than the system AMS2 is far away from implementing.
Too bad a command line would look better than current rf2 ui, that game is barebones

Last edited:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Too bad a command line would look better than current rf2 ui, that game is barebones

Command line would work better than most racing sim UI's honestly...

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So the game is in early access now so cheaper than it will be after first release. So far what stops me from buying it is the lack of content (content that seems to be coming as additionnal DLCs) and no real upgrade from PCARS2. Is RSR going to host AMS2 leagues and instead of continuing PCARS2 leagues like the RCUP? It would help my decision to buy now or wait. Thanks :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
UI and Racing Sims is a real horror story. PC1 Multiplayer Lobby List Screen was as minimal in features as anyone can imagine. PC2 included a few small features but unfortunately added a lot of trolling. ACC goes down the same sewer, Lobby List Screen also has barley any features. The Search option isn't even a search option. You simply type the first characters (at least 4) of the Server-Name and get listed what is equal to that. If you don't know the exact first 4 characters of the Server-Name, the "Search Bar" is no help.
Searching? Sorting? Hidding tracks that you don't like? Listing Lobbys with Map XY? Hiding Lobbies with less/more then Y players? What could that all mean SimRacing-Developers asking themselves. The sad thing is, we are talking about Features that games like Starcarft Broodwar had mastered pre 2000, so 20 years ago. How hard can it be? How overcompetent games developers were 20 years ago, compared to today?!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well.... apart from EA I can pick holes in numerous aspects of AMS currently - and a fair few I dont think will be improved. Modelling, track details etc.. are not really comparable to PC2 let alone ACC or iRacing.

However.... FFB - is potentially the best out there for the cars that are dialed in.... Chucking the Formula v10 around Oulton Park last night... wholy crap ... very very very nice....

Will be very interesting to see how this develops. For sure not refunding as it was cheap, has decent VR and godly FFB..... but am also not sure it would be my daily driver.... lets see what they do in the next 6-12 months.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's had 2 updates recently, might be worth another go soon.

The previous update had a change to physics for most cars (removed a redundant second spring setting) that is meant to have fixed a lot of weird behaviour. The latest update change notes say that the HUD has been updated and now has an editor (sounds like the Pcars2 HUD from description).

There's also a development update post where they at least acknowledge the collision issues in multiplayer and say they are working on them...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members, how are your generally feelings about AMS2? Should we do like a another sprint night or is the interest very limited of everyone?

Leave your thoughts here as well :)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'll get it when player base is steady but for now I wont, if it does go into league events with RSR id probably join up

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After the last update the handling seems a lot better so yes I would be up for a fun test night

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Still not convinced that it'll give a way better/different experience than pCARS, so I'll hold back there for the time being

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@t0daY I would like to participate in a sprint night.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sure, lets see if they've sorted out some glaring issues....

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would be keen for another sprint night, it’s still fun to drive. But probably isn’t going to be suitable for official events for some time.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Members, how are your generally feelings about AMS2? Should we do like a another sprint night or is the interest very limited of everyone?

I won't buy an unfinished product, particularly while that unfinished product is basically PCars2. It's interesting to here it is evolving towards a more impressive overall sim experience, but there are so many things that need to be great...and polished before I will get it. Ultimately it needs to have better sim experience and at least as good for multiplayer as PC2, and preferably better (right click isn't the cancel button anyone?). Of course, if the Revolution Cup moves from PC2 to AM2, then I'll be there ;)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
(right click isn't the cancel button anyone?)
I may be wrong , but I don't think they can fix it, or remove the pause button from the steering wheel.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I may be wrong , but I don't think they can fix it, or remove the pause button from the steering wheel.
Of course its fixable. I'd worry about their physics if they can't manage to change the event handler for "cancel" from right click to ESC (and put a damn confirm in).

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul as for physics and feedback, reiza Studio has done a good job and despite my love for pC2, I think they are better in AMS2.
Post automatically merged:

the very first review I got was from @SBart_uk and he said "this is pC2. 1", but 30 minutes after changing the settings, he already said that now this game feels like a cross between pC2 and rfactor2

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pretty much the same opinion as @UnstopaPaul ... I would consider it my main racing sim (like pcars 2 is right now) if the community makes an official move to it for revolution cups. I wonder how it s gonna turn out in the long run, the game has very very limited content, is not a step forward in terms of graphics and from what I've seen in reviews the physics is better but not totally different from pcars 2. The thing is I dont really see the added value that make me pay full price + dlcs. Because of all this I'd rather stick with pcars 2 (I am still having a lot of fun with it) or I'd rather do more RF2 or ACC or even consider an Iracing subscription. I also understand RSR might be looking for more audience with a fresh game because the attendance is not related to the quality of RSR racing but more because of the dead pcars 2 playerbase.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

I think further investigation is needed on this subject called AMS2. The core investigation will start when dedicated servers are a thing, but it wouldn't hurt to be more on the ball when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread