Automobilista 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dedicated server is already running. Feel free to use it whenever you like. We set it up with a 24 hour practice session.

Name: www.revolutionsimracing.com
Password: The usual one ;)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Skin pack for formula V10 :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I swear, if Bathurst is laser scanned then I will be VERY tempted, VERY BLOODY TEMPTED, to come out of sim-racing retirement.

Just crossing my fingers for Photo Mode to be tweaked to include the filters, but I'm sure their priorities lie elsewhere :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I swear, if Bathurst is laser scanned then I will be VERY tempted, VERY BLOODY TEMPTED, to come out of sim-racing retirement.

Just crossing my fingers for Photo Mode to be tweaked to include the filters, but I'm sure their priorities lie elsewhere :)
Right now its clearly unfinished - no idea if its laser scanned. ACC Bathurst to me is really very very good outside of VR - I will wait to pass judgement on the AMS2 one until they complete it - but for sure there is some fantastic pickup and play stuff going on in AMS2 - definitely recommend it.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Classic Hockenheim + Formula V12 = Killer combo:eek:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Once temperatures drop... I got to try this :woot::woot::woot:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever gotten along with a sim's physics as well as this one.
Agreed - when its right this is about as good as it gets for me.... last update really improved the default FFB too.

Its improved a lot since launch and they are no where near done too. Im glad I can still enjoy the heritage of madness engine as a sim :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i decided to give this another shot oit of vr this time and i have to say its improved alot since i 1st tried it feels and plays alot better. The 1st car i tried had to be good ol Gertrude an i must say i was very impressed with her. Really enjoyed the gen2 V10s too. I have to say if there is a season one i will be signing up for it..

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@staff is there any chance of doing some sprint night soon i know rsr is on a break but be nice to do a fun night soon b4 i have to go back to work lol.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@staff is there any chance of doing some sprint night soon i know rsr is on a break but be nice to do a fun night soon b4 i have to go back to work lol.
We are very busy in the background preparing our comeback of the summer break. Stay tuned for a little bit longer :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMM

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From what I've seen of this so far, I'd say this has surpassed pCars2 at last.
& with the current roadmap for tracks & car packs....
It's in a good place right now for the casual racers of RSR looking to have some fun outside of the leagues of ACC & endurance races of iRacing

** thanks to the mod for moving this, couldn't see this general chat thread when I originally posted

Last edited:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it feels good and I'm liking it. It runs great in VR. The only gripe is the lack of competition online...
I have yet to try the Porsche cup, but the prospect of GT1 (or maybe just group A for me...) is amazing!

I think it's the best VR F1 simulator thus far too. I did a short session in Mika's old car on Montreal. Boy, did I feel beaten coming out of it. :dead:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had great fun with the Porsche in TT at Spa ...... goal for today accomplished, beat number 2 and 3 on the list :)
Don't know if I can break the current record but there surely still is room for improvement because my fastest lap was not perfect at all.
Great in VR btw this AMS2 and I like the very informative input I get from FFB as well.

ams2_tt.png

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Struggling to get AMS2 looking as good as PC2 in VR, anyone got any tips on settings and what has the biggest impact. I shouldn't have any problems I just got a rtx3090 i9 10900 system, but the Pimax is so pixel hungry...

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Struggling to get AMS2 looking as good as PC2 in VR, anyone got any tips on settings and what has the biggest impact. I shouldn't have any problems I just got a rtx3090 i9 10900 system, but the Pimax is so pixel hungry...
I (briefly) upgraded to a 3090 Suprim x. The thing did not behave well after a couple of days so it just went back alas.

A monster card and with my 5900x even that will dip below 80fps with Valve index on 2384x2648 during night time etc....

That is with mostly high settings.

I can only imagine the resolution requirements you have on the Pimax.... I dont think it would make much sense to share my settings now - they worked well enough with the 3090 but at a totally different resolution from you...

It might help to try force motion reprojection on all time - Im doing that with my 2080ti and for the most part its a decent enough experience as long as I dont keep looking to the sides.

Personally I found AMS2 to be a better experience visually and performance with than PC2 - the 2d trees look sooo much better.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
In case it helps... as I fiddled dialing in my 2080ti again I found just changing MSAA to medium and Texture filtering to Trilinear made the experience mostly smooth 80fps on the Valve Index at 130% resolution. 90fps was ok too but more dips than I would like.

Ofcourse you do pay a price visually but its not bad.

So that might be worth a go.

Users who are viewing this thread