iRacing Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Today I completed my first iRacing race in the MX5. Kinda fun. I certainly noticed a difference in the quality of driving in a rookie race in iRacing vs a public lobby in Project Cars. I was even in second for a bit and then got too excited and had a little spin to myself. I think with more than an hour on the track in the Mazda maybe would help :D

Car handling feels pretty good and kerbs don't want to murder you!Kinda weird how iRacing kinda just abandons you after the race though not even a final rankings in the client.

EDIT: iRacing is much meaner (more accurate) when you mis-time the clutch/H-shifter. Now I miss the ability for the clutch/shifter to give real world feedback.

I guess I need to work out if I want to get in some time with this or rFactor2. We do events in both, I'm not sure which to look at more seriously. So far iRacing seems the more user friendly though.

EDIT: Got my livery sorted :)

View attachment 4821
Welcome to our group @Yammie916 and @UnstopaPaul. Nice to see more and more drivers joining us.
rf2 and iRacing are both good sims and no matter what you want to drive more at the end, every group at RSR is outstanding and happy to have you on board.
Feel free to ask me, if you have any questions.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I also got iracing couple days ago and liking it so far. What are good cars/ tracks i would consider?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I also got iracing couple days ago and liking it so far. What are good cars/ tracks i would consider?
Welcome to the team!

Make you license fist, before you start buying cars and tracks. Then it depends what class you like. And then what the schedule says for season 4.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Where should I aim to get to in safety rating / iRating to get to play with you big boys in some races?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Where should I aim to get to in safety rating / iRating to get to play with you big boys in some races?
You need the C license or higher than D 4.0 for the special events (except 24h at Le Mans, that's B license or C4.0). There are 6 or 7 of them during the year.
But we are also doing the Le Mans Series every second week and for that you need the B license or C4.0. Next race is on the 20th this month. These are 6 hour races on Saturday and Sunday. First one starts at 7 am UTC. You always can find the terms and rules in the OP.
https://revolutionsimracing.com/thr...ober-2018-7-00-gmt-19-00-gmt.1626/#post-38631

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
2nd race, 2nd place! Guess all that practice and championship racing has paid off :). Not bad for 40mins practice on a circuit I've never seen before (I never thought I would race around a National Trust carpark, but that's what I seem to have just done!

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is a lot of time untill the next real special event (Daytona 24 in January) so there is enough time to learn the sim, cars and tracks.
There are some Tier 1 tracks you will always be able to race (Spa, Nurburgring, Monza, etc) as for the cars, you'll have to give it a go on http://testdrive.iracing.com/app# when the iRacing servers are down (tomorrow I believe they go down) Just download all the cars and you can give them a go. If you cannot download them, go into iRacing folder and delete one of the free tracks, that'll bring up the download option, select the cars you want to test and there you go.

I recommend downloading the LMP1 cars and the GTE's, by far the best cars and GTE's will the the PRO series so participation is stupidly high

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing down for maintenance on Monday 29th - see This Thread on iracing forum

Test server is supposedly going to be on so members can try/test any cars without having to buy them. I think you can only do so on tracks you own though??

Tagged all those I could work out had iRacing...

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing down for maintenance on Monday 29th - see This Thread on iracing forum

Test server is supposedly going to be on so members can try/test any cars without having to buy them. I think you can only do so on tracks you own though??

Tagged all those I could work out had iRacing...
Yes, unless you somehow have other tracks downloaded. I borrowed a friend's account once and he owned some tracks that I don't. I have access to those tracks on test server under my own account after I downloaded those tracks with his account

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Alright alright, my creditcard slipped :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
eeeeeh what???!!!

Well, that one monitor I have, is having some friends to play with and will be pretty closer untill the screws become undone :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What did you order?

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
looking really good @grobi0815
i would suggest maybe adding a few stickers like we have on the 2017 liveries, that would add a bit to the immersion

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Didn't like the livery on the Merc, but it makes me wanna drive the Ferrari.

Users who are viewing this thread