iRacing Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@SlowBloke check out the iRacing forum and in the Hardware section go download a program called irFFB. Will improve the FFB quite a bit.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@SlowBloke check out the iRacing forum and in the Hardware section go download a program called irFFB. Will improve the FFB quite a bit.
Thanks Falcon :)

Any tips on recommended settings in irFFB by chance ?

I did find a video but the irFFB version seems outdated as there are more sliders now.

Currently trying below - the Max Force is too light for the MX5 but better for the R18 ....

Thanks!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@SlowBloke No sorry no tips. I've never used the program. You could always post in the thread and ask for help there. :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Is 2019 season 2 starting next week ? I know where to get the schedule for Season 1 but dont see season 2 published yet ?

Getting out of rookie was simple enough ... just a few races and boom..

However now I want to see what tracks / cars I need to get next. Im hoping the F3 will be featured for D as that seems to be the nicest "slower" single seater to drive - I like the F3.5 but that is probably a bit too fast for D and will just result in pile ups..

Id buy the Ferrari GT3 but dont know if that will be featured next season...

I could race a few laps in the free Cadillac but honestly that thing kinda sucks (to me)....

Also are there beta patch notes / development info we can follow ? I cant find anything on the forums.

Thanks!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@SlowBloke
next week is week 13, this is mostly a fun week where everybody lets off steam after the 12 weeks of competition with only a few official series, so in the fun series SR and iR is not in effect
there are also often fun series for the new content
new season starts the week after
Schedule for next season should be available sometime during week 13

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@SlowBloke
next week is week 13, this is mostly a fun week where everybody lets off steam after the 12 weeks of competition with only a few official series, so in the fun series SR and iR is not in effect
there are also often fun series for the new content
new season starts the week after
Schedule for next season should be available sometime during week 13

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that guys ! So Skippie / Renault F2.0 / Ferrari GT3 and F3 on the menu....

This stuff is expensive if you want to race specific stuff - easily 300 USD to do just parts of those seasons... my penchant for driving different cars as the mood suits me does not align well with iRacing :)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think for the beginning you are better off with maybe focusing on 2 series or so, and just buy the content you need to get the 8 races per season done, so you get participation credits back, that's what i have done and through that I was able to save a bit of money at the beginning

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, it's best to focus on 1-2 series. GT3, IMSA and iLMS nearly always go official and are at the most used tracks. It's expensive but 2 cars and 8-9 tracks should be enough to earn yourself some money back to get a free track / car next season :)
Post automatically merged:

I've quickly looked at the schedules for iLMS, IMSA and GT3.. Let's say GT3 is worthless this season with quite a bunch of low-tier tracks.
So you can go the cheap route this season with just the GTE if you have C licence and get B licence within a week.
I've listed the most popular tracks that will get you enough participation credits if you complete atleast 1 official race each week, although that counts on you having B licence in week 1 of the upcoming season.

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dutch - got a bunch so I can do F2 (only D at mo).

Also bought the Ferrari GT3 to see how I like it - I like the GTE very much around the Nordschleife.

Just hope to god Im not too slow to have a decent race as thats the hope by joining up.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Slow doesn't matter in Endurance events. Last year at Spa we were in 2nd split, last car out of the bunch being off-pace from quite a few teams. Still ended up on top of most of them by just keeping it out of the walls. Was going to say clean, but over 1.2k offtracks doesn't make it clean :D

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Slow doesn't matter in Endurance events. Last year at Spa we were in 2nd split, last car out of the bunch being off-pace from quite a few teams. Still ended up on top of most of them by just keeping it out of the walls. Was going to say clean, but over 1.2k offtracks doesn't make it clean :D
Ahh alas I dont see myself doing endurance stuff - I just cant do much more than an hour at a time :/

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing Patch notes said:
• BMW M8 GTE
• Nürburgring Night-Mode preview
My mouth is filling with saliva...

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
the braking on the M8 is weird you press brake nothing happen then all of a sudden it happens haha

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
There is something wrong with the brakes on the M8. Brake balance is set all the way back, and I still lock the fronts.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not 100% sure what is up with it, but it's quite unrealistic :D
Might see a patch out soon

Users who are viewing this thread