grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The liveries for the M8 are ready for download

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
So just over a month in and just got my B license @ 3.56 Safety

Although my irating isnt too hot at 1385 but thats no surprise....

Trying to stay clean slows you down big time with so many people still having some pretty shocking standards of driving and car control even at higher licenses.

Some cars are really nice to drive (Audi R18, Indycar, Skippy) and others just dont give me any confidence on where the limit is... also I find the same thing that bugs me about PC2 - some tracks feel great and others have very little feedback / adhesion feel (ie Imola)....

Im about 4-5 seconds of the pace in the F3 at Zandvoort - I just find its so easy to lose the car with no warning and there is no way coming back once you have ...Thats using setup from Craigs (which is much better to drive than the defaults but that car and the Renault F2.0 are really not very nice as the back end is very keen to swap ends...).....

For sure the skippy is a dream to race people with and it handles nicely too. I even got a win with that one at Sebring - although that was not down to speed but rather consistency.

Anyhow will keep plodding along - enjoy the pick up and play nature of signing up for a race at the last minute and there is some competition right there and then...

My name on iracing is "Rex vd Meer"

ovivoJR

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that I am now officially a member of the iRacing community. I just started yesterday so don´t expect much. I will find my way up the ladder and hope to be racing with some of you in the future.

P.S.: Watch out @fab. ICEMAN, I am coming for you!

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that I am now officially a member of the iRacing community. I just started yesterday so don´t expect much. I will find my way up the ladder and hope to be racing with some of you in the future.

Welcome on board @ovivoJR. Nice to see you in our little group.
Next big race is Nordschleife 24h. So hurry and sign up ;)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Freakin' finally :D

Hope you sorted most of your problems and now be able to climb the SR ladder! @grobi0815 and me will help you out with future questions/problems. (Especially Grobi is a first class helpdesk service - you can contact any time xD)

And yes, please come for me :cool:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Freakin' finally :D

Hope you sorted most of your problems and now be able to climb the SR ladder! @grobi0815 and me will help you out with future questions/problems. (Especially Grobi is a first class helpdesk service - you can contact any time xD)

And yes, please come for me :cool:
Yeah sure. Why didn't you mentioned my 24/7 service :wtf:
Jokes off, also @ramdrop is here to help with the questions you have. Feel free to ask us if you need something.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys, So i never done Iracing before ( yeah on a rainy day and no experience whatsoever in simracing ) but i want to give it a go soon. What do you guys recommend to do ? I remember the UI was a bit scary with all the info and such and never had the real experience. Also what do you think is better to do ? VR or just screen ( Ultrawide )

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys, So i never done Iracing before ( yeah on a rainy day and no experience whatsoever in simracing ) but i want to give it a go soon. What do you guys recommend to do ? I remember the UI was a bit scary with all the info and such and never had the real experience. Also what do you think is better to do ? VR or just screen ( Ultrawide )
Hey Jeff, welcome to the team.
I created a first steps guide for iracing, but it's not online atm. I need to take a look in our archive. you can find there some tips for the start.
The Beta UI is still not really good. Most of us are still using the website.
About the screen, well i can't say anything about VR, but I know that I really like my 49" in iracing.
Feel free to contact @ramdrop or me if you have any questions.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
VR in iRacing is actually very nice, with the whole car rendered all the time, so you can see all of it as you look around (including in your mirrors) and performance is excellent (or was, the last time I fired it up). My only minor quibble is that the the loading screen, as the circuit loads, looks a bit poop in VR but that really is a very minor thing :)

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey @Jeff[NL] nice to see you on iRacing!

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
VR is great to be honest in Iracing I think its 1 of the best sims that supports VR in my opinion feels very smooth too.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Would love to see RSR participate in this. :) There will be different prizes. Hit our website here to sign up.
Only snag will be the time zone difference sadly. Thursdays 8pm EST.

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would love to see RSR participate in this. :) There will be different prizes. Hit our website here to sign up.
Only snag will be the time zone difference sadly. Thursdays 8pm EST.

autsch, that's 2am in germany. And that on a Friday morning.

But thanks for the invite. I'm sure someone from RSR will sign up.

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well just to keep updated, been plodding on and just got this today.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

The people you run into....

Needless to say i did not see him after the start (Im 4th).

edit - woops meant to put under chit chat sorry mods.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If anyone has any discount codes hit me up as i said before looking for a reason to get in to iracing again but cant justify the full price lol..

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like they’ve got 40% off new memberships at the moment bud.

Users who are viewing this thread