iRacing Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

avxstudio

Community Member
Reaction score
Every car costs 12$ and every track 15$ +VAT. You'll get a discount for three and 5 things you buy ( I think it's 10 and 15%). If you own 40 cars and tracks, the discount is 20%. Plus the fee you need to pay for the iRacing service. That's roughly 10$ each month, but there are always discounts if needed.
What cars you need? Of course the cars you want to drive or the team is driving for a special event. Sadly the 991 and the Audi are not extremely competitive atm, but I think that'll change for season 2.
What tracks you need? Of course the ones for the special events https://www.iracing.com/specialevents/ (the next one for example is Sebring 12h) or what's next on the ELMS schedule.
It's hard to tell atm what track you need, because season 1 is almost over ( 1 week to go) and the schedule for season 2 is not out yet. I'm sure it will be out during this or next week.
Thanks :) .. I guess I'll wait until Season 2 and then have another look

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The schedule will be released in due course. It is best to stick to one series and build from there.

You mentioned ELMS, then why not run in ILMS as well. There are few tracks that work there due to the LMPs and so you can quickly have their cycle

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
New season, new decision... will I stay in VRS or switch to IMSA or iLMS? What do you folks say? I can't make up my mind. This season in VRS was more or less smooth sailing. Could continue there or drive the Porsche maybe in iLMS... IMSA would mean one of the GT3s...

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Most special events are multiclass related, dipping your toes into that would make sense.
Could just stick to GT3 and run Sprint / IMSA or go to GTE with iLMS and IMSA

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why not keep with vrs and also run ilms? Then you can do the endu events if you want

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't do two serieseses. I need too much training still, because I'v not driven so many tracks in ages. Can't do it like the iceman and just hop into cars, do two laps for a refresh and BAM, instant pace. :borg:

I guess if I drive iLMS I would up the race time to one hour, which is like half an endu stint... might be worth it for that.

Last edited:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ilms is basically a full stint, well you have a small pitstop too but generally GTEs can go for about an hour on a full tank.

GT3 endurance is nice because its 3h and again a GT3 generally can run on a full hour.

IMSA imo is full of people who can't pay attention for more than 2 corners

Diogo Pereirinha

Community Member
Reaction score
ILMS you get dived by LMP1 and HPD tho, but its shit everywhere. I think you can drive like half of the week on one series and then the rest on other, im not as fast as him, and i started on iracing a year ago and i consider that i need like 30min of practice to get on a decent pace, probably 5tenths down from their pace. but then i do mistakes of overdriving or anything like that.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey, I know this might not really meant to be in this forum, but I just bought Iracing for the first time and it took the name of the credit card owner as my account name....which is my mom's name since she is the only one in the house who has a visa.

Is there a way to change this? because this is kinda annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey, I know this might not really meant to be in this forum, but I just bought Iracing for the first time and it took the name of the credit card owner as my account name....which is my mom's name since she is the only one in the house who has a visa.

Is there a way to change this? because this is kinda annoying.

Email them (support@iracing.com) and they’ll change it for you.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Mum!

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anybody who happens to be online and is willing to explain me some basic stuff or must have things for Iracing?

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Anybody who happens to be online and is willing to explain me some basic stuff or must have things for Iracing?
An aversion to get close to other cars in rookies/D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My wheel inputs are inverted on DD1:oops:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
My wheel inputs are inverted on DD1:oops:
I had that. Recalibrated and was ok. Read the instruction carefully when calibrating. I think I went the wrong direction first time. Hope it's the same for u.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had that. Recalibrated and was ok. Read the instruction carefully when calibrating. I think I went the wrong direction first time. Hope it's the same for u.
Fixed that, how to get out of rookie?

Users who are viewing this thread