iRacing Chit Chat (3 Viewers)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well... that's nice to hear... Nothing about it on their front page or the steam page.
So what are you up for if you renew out of expirement?

This is the announcement...

We just wanted to remind everyone that if you purchased your iRacing account directly from iRacing (www.iracing.com), you HAVE TO renew through iRacing (and not through Steam or use your Steam Wallet).

Conversely, if you purchased iRacing through Steam, than all purchases, including renewals, must be done through Steam.

This is because iRacing and Steam have two completely separate purchasing processes.

When you purchase iRacing directly through iRacing, then iRacing is the official vendor of record for that iRacing account.

When you purchase iRacing from Steam, then Steam is the official vendor of record for that iRacing account.

If you purchased iRacing directly from iRacing, even if you have linked this iRacing account to your Steam account, you CAN NOT renew it through Steam.

If you tried to renew an iRacing account (that was purchased directly through iRacing) through Steam, you will need to contact Steam Support. https://help.steampowered.com/

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for sharing.
Though it is nothing new.

I accidentally made a new account because I went for the discount on steam, actually...

I would not recommend doing so, mainly because steam is only an extra party, and there is not much difference otherwise.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
evening gents... i shall be making a return to i racing some time soon so thought id just check to see if there is any of you lovely people with any discount renewal codes if not not to worry..(not that you will either way lol)...

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
evening gents... i shall be making a return to i racing some time soon so thought id just check to see if there is any of you lovely people with any discount renewal codes if not not to worry..(not that you will either way lol)...
Jonno, there is actually no renewal codes at the moment. Seems that iRacing rarely has renewal discount. My 3 years in iRacing I have only seen 2 times there is a renewal discount which both happened earlier this year.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah kind of knew it was a long shot TBH lol;)

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
iRacing has contiguous black friday renewal discounts. Those are the only discounts that I know of trough the years.
I'm planning to do a month of it to bridge the gap to the pCARS3 release (totally different games, but that's the point for me). And thus I might wait until black friday to renew again after that month.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I am joking @Jonno. But he knows that hehe
Only reason I managed to get my only top 10 quali in rsr was because of his setup so let's give him some praise for making a williams boy a merc

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Only reason I managed to get my only top 10 quali in rsr was because of his setup so let's give him some praise for making a williams boy a merc
your only jealous hes done a 24hr race :D :D
Post automatically merged:

and you should come join us Owfier! 24hr nascar at charlotte? hahaha

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score

and you should come join us Owfier! 24hr nascar at charlotte? hahaha
Now you just want to be last on the grid with me lol. And is it 24h driving in circles? Cuz then I might give it a go.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Now you just want to be last on the grid with me lol. And is it 24h driving in circles? Cuz then I might give it a go.
i doubt we would be last haha. but then for oval....what is last? urghh 24hr ovals literally was a joke, i would cancel my iracing sub before i had to do that

but if @Raigore is listening, then some oval fun races would be a laugh like the last

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
i doubt we would be last haha. but then for oval....what is last? urghh 24hr ovals literally was a joke, i would cancel my iracing sub before i had to do that

but if @Raigore is listening, then some oval fun races would be a laugh like the last
You gave me false hope!

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
u can still join us for some endurance racing if u like
Sounds nice, but my shifts rarely allow it. And I feel very unsafe in roadcars on Iracing. But I was thinking on joining acc.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sounds nice, but my shifts rarely allow it. And I feel very unsafe in roadcars on Iracing. But I was thinking on joining acc.
shame, but keep an eye on acc for sure

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
does this mean your back for daytona 21 :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread